• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The final Tonight Show with Jay Leno

Status
Not open for further replies.
teiresias said:
The Tonight Show is done in LA right? I've never understood, given the time difference why it's pre-recorded and not done live at least for the east coast broadcast. Anyone know?

because celebrities and famous people have better shit to do at 9pm.

Tedesco!

omg rite said:
I'm judging Leno on what I've seen him do and how I've seen him act for 17 years. Not what some book from 1994 says.

So basically you're sticking your head in the sand? Read the book. Leno does not come off well.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Watching Late Shift, it seems more like Leno's agent being more of a raging bitch had more to do with the Late Night thing than anything Leno did.

gantz85

Banned
DMczaf said:
23mq86.gif

:lol

Who are these two people? Why is the guy on the right being such a big puss?

Should've just knocked moustache man out.

...you don't know who they are?

That's Burt Reynolds on the left and Mark Summers, host of Double Dare, on the right.

Summers has a very severe case of OCD, if I remember correctly.

Owen

gantz85 said:
Who are these two people? Why is the guy on the right being such a big puss?

Should've just knocked moustache man out.

Did you seriously just call Burt Reynolds "Mustache Man"?

Cheebs

Tedesco! said:
So basically you're sticking your head in the sand? Read the book. Leno does not come off well.
Yeah, his refusal to acknowledge the facts about this are odd. Even without the book it was always well known that carson picked letterman but leno threw carson under a bus and basically stole it from him I thought? It was all over the media back then.

Crazy stuff like Leno's manager leaking a fake story to the NY Post that Carson was retiring and NBC was planning on replacing him with Leno in hopes pushing Carson out of the way sooner. Despite the fact at the time of this Carson wasn't yet planning to retire.

I mean even without knowing this stuff it should be obvious. Carson appeared on Letterman a few times after retirement. Never on Leno. And Carson wrote jokes for Letterman's CBS show till the day he died.

Sanjuro

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I still dislike him getting his own daily show before. I still think it's good for NBC to keep him. I think a once a week show with a round table of guests would be much better suited for him "trying something new" as they claim they are trying to do with his show.

I never hated Leno, he is a funny guy and entertaining. I just always preferred Conan and Letterman.
I went from that to wanting TMZ to photograph him dead from autoerotic asphyxiation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom