• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The fire of PROMETHEUS has been stolen and leaked to us mortals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alphaNoid

Banned
I never read it.

**SPOILER ALERT*** Leaked Prometheus plot (rumored). When you read it, it starts to make sense based on lore and the trailer footage.

Earth. Year 2058.

Archaeological digs in Africa reveal alien artifacts that humans were genetically engineered by a advanced alien race (space jockeys). These "Alien Gods" also terraformed Earth in order to make it habitable for their human creations. Amongst finds are coordinates to the Alien God's home-world, to Paradise. Months later the Weyland Corp launch the spaceship PROMETHEUS and his crew, into deep space to make first contact. Thanks to faster than light travel a few years later the PROMETHEUS enters the Zeta Riticuli star system. Humans are greeted by their makers, then transported further into space to a scary yet fascinating world. The Alien Gods are proud of their "children", their first creation to reach such levels of intelligence.

As a reward they share bits of their astonishing bio-based technologies with the humans. But for one crew member of the Prometheus it's not enough. In a treacherous act he steals the "bio-source code" to Terraforming, a technology at the origin of all Gods' power, that could make humans equal to the gods. The Alien Gods may be scientists but are also ruthless conquerors, destroyers of worlds who will not accept humans as equals. They unleash on the escaping human crew their favorite bio-weapon, a creature used to "clean up" worlds before colonization. But something goes wrong in the process and humans manage to turn the bio-weapon against their makers. Giving birth to a smarter, nastier, bigger breed of gut eating creatures. Creatures that will be the demise of Paradise. What's left of the Prometheus crew manages to escape the doomed planet.

On their trail a survivor Alien God in very familiar ship with one ultimate mission.

Bring the wrath of the Gods to Earth.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
**SPOILER ALERT*** Leaked Prometheus plot (rumored). When you read it, it starts to make sense based on lore and the trailer footage.

Earth. Year 2058.

Archaeological digs in Africa reveal alien artifacts that humans were genetically engineered by a advanced alien race (space jockeys). These "Alien Gods" also terraformed Earth in order to make it habitable for their human creations. Amongst finds are coordinates to the Alien God's home-world, to Paradise. Months later the Weyland Corp launch the spaceship PROMETHEUS and his crew, into deep space to make first contact. Thanks to faster than light travel a few years later the PROMETHEUS enters the Zeta Riticuli star system. Humans are greeted by their makers, then transported further into space to a scary yet fascinating world. The Alien Gods are proud of their "children", their first creation to reach such levels of intelligence.

As a reward they share bits of their astonishing bio-based technologies with the humans. But for one crew member of the Prometheus it's not enough. In a treacherous act he steals the "bio-source code" to Terraforming, a technology at the origin of all Gods' power, that could make humans equal to the gods. The Alien Gods may be scientists but are also ruthless conquerors, destroyers of worlds who will not accept humans as equals. They unleash on the escaping human crew their favorite bio-weapon, a creature used to "clean up" worlds before colonization. But something goes wrong in the process and humans manage to turn the bio-weapon against their makers. Giving birth to a smarter, nastier, bigger breed of gut eating creatures. Creatures that will be the demise of Paradise. What's left of the Prometheus crew manages to escape the doomed planet.

On their trail a survivor Alien God in very familiar ship with one ultimate mission.

Welcome to Bonerville.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"

Earth. Year 2058.

IIRC, that's the same made up synopsis that's been posted around here several times, originating from some guy's own take on the film on the IMDB forum.

alphaNoid

Banned
IIRC, that's the same made up synopsis that's been posted around here several times, originating from some guy's own take on the film on the IMDB forum.

Could be, and I have no take on it really. But after watching the trailer and knowing what we know about the universe .. doesn't it actally seem very plausible?

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Could be, and I have no take on it really. But after watching the trailer and knowing what we know about the universe .. doesn't it actally seem very plausible?

After some quick Google-fu, it's the same synopsis that FOX debunked back in July.

Man

I think there's a confusion here. A guy at IMDB posting something in a somewhat similar vain but this one came at the same time from a different source (and both came at around the same time). Multiple times since this leak in June/July the plot points have matched exactly with other reveals. It's just too perfect. All my cash is on genuine.

Apparently the guy who wrote that came clean:

Alien Prequel News said:
Hi everyone,

i me the guy who wrote the detailed outline.
It was written just for me, trying to make sense of what we know so far of the movie.

I posted it on my facebook wall (sorry can't give a link to it as it could bring some bad publicity as i'm working as an artist, in an non english speaking country, and it might scare potential clients) somebody took it and sent it to IO9 and a few other Movie News site.
i'm working on finding who since my wall is locked to friends only.

Major part of my text were deleted, especially the title "Ridley Scott's PROMETHEUS my detailed possible outline" and my take on the ending.

i didn't come clean before because, i tought it would be debunked very fast by offcial and also because i was kinda scared of how it spread so fast over the web. I was also scared that i might be right and spoiled the actual movie story.

I do like what i wrote and hope that the movie will be as epic, but more twisted, less easy than my take.

I know that it created buzz for the movie, people want to know more, wich could be good for Ridley and his crew.

Hope i have not upset too many people.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

Earth. Year 2058.

motherofgod.gif

That all makes sense, and would make for an awesome movie.

This movie is going to be epic. I hope they keep the same vibe of Alien but on a more grander scale, more horror and mystery than action.

Also on the subject of the theory that guy wrote, PROMETHEUS in Greek mythology was a titan who stole fire from Zeus (God) and gave it to mortals. Maybe the theory is not that far off, the humans go looking for their creators and they find some sort of power which they try to take

Timbuktu

Thinking about it, i really wish Ridley had went for IMAX instead of 3d now. His epics suit the big format more the Brad Bird or Nolan's even. Now i'm a bit sad that seeing this on a giant screen probably won't be the best option.

Ridley 3D is more exciting to me. Especially after all the reports of how they've meticulously planned the production's design around shooting in 3D. They made a point of saying that it really enhances the sense of claustrophobia in some scenes.

Timbuktu

Ridley 3D is more exciting to me. Especially after all the reports of how they've meticulously planned the production's design around shooting in 3D. They made a point of saying that it really enhances the sense of claustrophobia in some scenes.

My head keep thinking to Alien and how that would never work in 3d, but then i guess that's why this looks a bit brighter with more colours. Having faith in Ridley feels strange given he is prone to be uneven, he would probably have a better rep if he just made fewer movies like Cameron or Mallick.

Thinking about where i want to see this already, i have seen enough in the teaser and won't want to see any more before release.

Amagon

Tomorrow-Earth Time
Yesterday-Solo Time
carusofuckyou2rr.gif

S. L.

Earth. Year 2058.

this makes too much sense and is waaaaaaay too awesome, but who knows what the real plot/story will be

Ashhong

I am planning on watching the Alien movies this week for the first time...is this movie confirmed to be a sequel or is it more of a spiritual sequel?

gabbo

I am planning on watching the Alien movies this week for the first time...is this movie confirmed to be a sequel or is it more of a spiritual sequel?

If it's related to them at all (it is), it takes place well before the Alien movies

Replicant

Earth. Year 2058.

Oh, that's the old plot leak. I thought it makes sense and judging from the footage available thus far (some scenes, the tagline, etc), I'd say that there's a likelihood that this is true even though many people say that it's fake.

Ashhong

If it's related to them at all (it is), it takes place well before the Alien movies

ah a prequel, good to know, thanks. Kind of like the recent Planet of the Apes movie. Lots of little nods to the originals that I appreciated. Hope this has it too

edit: holy shit that looks amazing. AMAZING. Maybe it can overtake Sunshine as my favorite sci-fi film.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
ah a prequel, good to know, thanks. Kind of like the recent Planet of the Apes movie. Lots of little nods to the originals that I appreciated. Hope this has it too

edit: holy shit that looks amazing. AMAZING. Maybe it can overtake Sunshine as my favorite sci-fi film.

Sunshine is awesome. Until it becomes Resident Evil 3 in space.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Sunshine > Moon.

I don't include 2001 because it's in a different league than the other two.

Stet

Banned
Not really fair since 2001 LOLs at almost any other film ever made.

I think one of the most interesting parts of 2001 is that Arthur C. Clarke wrote the "novelization" simultaneously as he and Kubrick were writing the script. I recommend the novel if you haven't read it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How does Sunshine compare to, say, 2001 and Moon, which are two of my favourite sci-fi films?

Sunshine and Moon aren't comparable outside of the general setting of space. I'd say the latter is the superior film simply because it's consistent, whereas Sunshine, despite the initial showings of promise, eventually trips and falls into a poor man's Event Horizon.

While I'm at it, allow me to rescind my film-lover card and say that I've never seen 2001. (Don't worry - the mere mention of it has reminded me to correct that error.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom