• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The first Diablo III expansion is "Reaper of Souls", teaser site is live

Status
Not open for further replies.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
so now we killed the devil, we are now going to kill death?

when do we destroy God or whatever?

Perkel

Banned
My inner Nostradamus tells me:
One new Act. Old classes retun. Runewords. Charms. Fixed item stats that the main weapon is no longer the most important item. Crazy item suffixes like in D2. No longer build around the AH.

hahahahaa you wish. They will just add few things from old diablo games and they will do nothing with gameplay and progression mechanics.

Nymerio

I'm still torn about D3. On one hand I had a lot of fun playing it with friends, on the other I was really disappointed because it could have been so much more. I'll definitely be checking this out, I don't think Diablo is a lost cause, they can still fix this.

SirNinja

My inner Nostradamus tells me:
One new Act. Old classes retun. Runewords. Charms. Fixed item stats that the main weapon is no longer the most important item. Crazy item suffixes like in D2. No longer build around the AH.

A new artisan as well. (There's a painfully-obvious spot in each town that basically says "yep, we're adding a third artisan right here in a future expansion".)

Diablo II's expansion did alot of good things, maybe this will too...

Yes Diablo III was Hugely disappointing, but it's hard for me to hate it:
ZnUvl66.png

duckroll

A new artisan as well. (There's a painfully-obvious spot in each town that basically says "yep, we're adding a third artisan right here in a future expansion".)

Maybe the new artisan can be someone who polishes shit into gold. That way you can actually get something out of all the drops in the game now. :p

That is a bit of a ridiculous wand...

Anyway, I am really looking forward to hearing more about this expansion. Hopefully they would have addressed some of the itemisation issues, so people don't need to spend $170 to get good gear...(extreme case of course).

ReijMan

Had good fun co-oping with friends in D3, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
I notice how people have no feelings for D3 like one could have love for Minecraft, or Dark Souls..or D2.. I believe the RMAH killed that passion for 99,999% and made a few bucks for the rest..

Anyway, day 1 buy if I can convince friends to co-op :)

Acidote

The game has changed for the best since Jay Wilson left. It is not what it should be, but it has improved.

Suairyu

Banned
I'll also say I do hope this is more than just a single extra act. Lord of Destruction only being one new location was a big disappointment.

An act the size of act 2 plus another the size of act 4 would be fair. Or two acts the size of act 3.

Hesemonni

Banned
D3 got alot better with patches, but I think I gave up on it after Pl30 or so. The itemization just sucked ass on so many levels. Will pick up the expansion at some point depending on my backlog growth :/

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I don't have enough blizzbux to buy this and the wow expansion. Yuck. Gotta sell some more shiZ

BLCKATK

I'll keep my eye on it. Diablo III was my first Diablo experience and it didn't stick with me for long. Probably because literally all my friends quit within like a month of release.

But an expansion would definitely be something to look into.

If they didn't revamp damn near everything then I won't care.

I want

-Better skill system.

-Better stat system.

-Completely re-done itemization (really fucking sad when 1 person on a forum can come up with farrrrrrr better ideas then Blizz themselves came up with).

-Charms, jewels, runewords, etc. (not only variety but would actually add a reason for white items to exist in this game).

-Ethereal items.

-Random layouts of areas.

-Link the fucking acts together.

-Get rid of the limitation where the quest you are on determines bosses that are alive.

And so on. Game was a big step forward in the combat department but about 30 steps back on everything else.

Teknoman

I'll keep my eye on it. Diablo III was my first Diablo experience and it didn't stick with me for long. Probably because literally all my friends quit within like a month of release.

But an expansion would definitely be something to look into.

You and your friends should give II a shot. Its old, but still holds up today.

EDarkness

I'll be there day one again. Unlike a lot of people here, I enjoyed it quite a bit. No reason not to pick up the expansion.

Card Boy

Banned

I want

-Better skill system.

-Better stat system.

-Completely re-done itemization (really fucking sad when 1 person on a forum can come up with farrrrrrr better ideas then Blizz themselves came up with).

-Charms, jewels, runewords, etc. (not only variety but would actually add a reason for white items to exist in this game).

-Ethereal items.

-Get rid of the limitation where the quest you are on determines bosses that are alive.

And so on. Game was a big step forward in the combat department but about 30 steps back on everything else.

Nailed it. The no random areas and the shit itemization are the biggest offenders for a game in this genre.

Had good fun co-oping with friends in D3, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
I notice how people have no feelings for D3 like one could have love for Minecraft, or Dark Souls..or D2.. I believe the RMAH killed that passion for 99,999% and made a few bucks for the rest..

Anyway, day 1 buy if I can convince friends to co-op :)

The lack of content and massive difficulty spike at act 2 on inferno (think that's the name of the hardest difficulty, haven't played it in months) at launch killed it for me. Got it basically for free with the WoW annual pass and ended up being able to pay off Mists of Pandaria and Heart of the Swarm with the RMAH though.

ezekial45

Banned
I haven't played the game in months, but I'm willing to come back and give it another go. I hope they can do right and get things back on the right track.

Nymerio

I want

-Better skill system.

-Better stat system.

-Ethereal items.

Ethereal items would be amazing. I also want runes back and the horadric cube. I'm ok with the skill system though. I like being able to easily change up my build, try out new skills, etc. Though I wish there were more items that gave bonuses to skills, but that's more a problem of the shitty itemization.

syoaran

Kinda/Sorta hyped for this. I got a good 50 hours of enjoyment from D3, but like most after that I had no interest in the pointless grind fest hammed by very uninteresting itemization.

Looking forward to the Book of Tyreal too, Book of Cain was one of the best things Blizzard commissioned in years.

TUSR

Banned
Someone was willing to part with $170 for that?

Brb, going to make a couple thousand by selling all my wizard's gear.

I raided with a guy in WoW who spent 1000s on in-game items and accounts, im pretty sure his dad was like a Saudi oil Sheik.

Sciz

Scrap the AH, fix the loot, and do something to improve the boring/nonexistent level generation and I'll take a look. As is, they're not getting me back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom