• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash - Comic con info and sizzle reel (mostly S1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom. I hope he's creepy as shit!

bCGS4UI.jpg

Corpekata

Banned
For those confused:

Reverse Flash is basically a title as others have suggested. However a couple have also used Zoom in their names.

There have been two notable characters to use the Zoom moniker. Eobard Thawne, Barry's rival, from season 1, and Hunter Solomon, Wally West's rival. Given they are acting like this is a new character, it's likely this Zoom will be based on Wally's rival and probably transferring much of it to Barry, even if they are introducing Wally.

It might not end up being Hunter Solomon himself. The character started as a police detective too so I wouldn't doubt it if this is how they bring Eddie back.

Poyunch

I bet it's just normal Wally for most of the season until the season finale
or since this is the Flash, the mid-season finale
and then he gets his powers.

Zoom and RF aren't the same guy, no.

RF is... well, he's pretty much exactly what it says on the tin. Same powers as the Flash, but a bad guy. Hates his guts, fights him regularly because of that.

Zoom is another order of monster. They took a little bit of his motivations for Wells. Zoom, traditionally, wants to make Flash a better hero; he's a friend of his from the future, who went crazy when Flash failed to save... I think his wife? Anyway, he got powers and traveled back in time to make Flash better. His chosen method of doing is this basically being a sadistic motherfucker, the reasoning being that heroes are born out of tragedy. Unlike RF, his powers aren't an exact analogue to Flash's. Rather, he slows down time for everyone else. He's incredibly powerful, and freaky as hell.

I was just about to ask, so thanks for the explanation.

I always thought Wells/RF was Zoom, but it seems they are completely different characters.

Chairhome

I bet it's just normal Wally for most of the season until the season finale
or since this is the Flash, the mid-season finale
and then he gets his powers.
I'm hoping Wally doesn't get powers this season. They would be moving too... Fast.

I hope Wally is just in a one off episode this season and at most in his early-mid teens. He doesn't need the powers this season. But I can easily imagine the CW being the CW and Wally being a hot 20 something playing a teenager.

EDIT: Wait, Grant is 6'2"?! Holy shit I did not realize he was that tall.

Wally West in season 2!

It'll just be some dude with no powers. But hey, maybe Zoom travels back in time to torment him pre-powers to form him into a better Flash.

So, random question, is Barry now a blue blur or is that supposed to be someone else?

I'm assuming it's Barry, but it seems odd they'd change the colour of his streak.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
All speculation:

It's Zoom, but they're using Eddie as Zoom so they're mixing it with the Cobalt Blue stuff to help differentiate him from Eobard's Reverse Flash.

dEvAnGeL

someone please explain the who are the other speedsters, was not a big flash fan until the show started, also who was that with the blue light on the trailer?

All speculation:

It's Zoom, but they're using Eddie as Zoom so they're mixing it with the Cobalt Blue stuff to help differentiate him from Eobard's Reverse Flash.

I'd quite like Eddie as Zoom. Everyone thought he was dead, but I believed he'd return.

I always believed!

wildfire

Banned
I know. Still a cooler name than Reverse Flash either way. Sorry if I might have confused others.

Zoom isn't only cooler. It's more menacing than Reverse Flash.

That entire teaser gave me TDK trailer symptoms. My hype levels are increasing too much.

I need to control it.

tumblr_lh73tmJ4y41qa1vjko1_500.gif

Who is the blue streak supposed to be? (Haven't read the comics)

I didn't see the video with the blue streak, but in recent new 52 issues of the Flash,
future Barry created a blue suit and traveled back in time.
So maybe that's what it is.

Rooster12

I always thought Zoom and Reverse Flash were the same person?

And I've read at least 50+ issues of Flash comics (older runs).

Maybe it just went over my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom