• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

Is he keeping it?

Not like that. More like, "hey Team Flash, Future Me got a brand new suit in the future. It looked awesome. Should we make that suit or nah?"

Barry won't tell them about it though. It's going to be treated like the White Emblem. Crisco decides that Barry needs a new suit and it just so happens that it looks exactly like 2024 Flash.

Savitar is:

Ronnie but Ronnie loved Caitlin not Killer Frost. Why would he want Killer Frost instead of Caitlin Snow? It cannot be E2 Ronnie because we saw his death and that was by Zolomon.

Or

Some variant of Hunter Zolomon. Killer Frost did have a strange affinity with E2 Zolomon and that was mainly due to her fear of his powers. Zolomon also depended alot on Killer Frost.

JSevere

man that last scene was such a tease. I'll be surprised if the reveal of Savitar's identity lives up to everyone's expectations

most important thing is that Barry knows his future self has a cool new suit so hopefully they get to work on an upgrade in the present asap

ShadyK54

Not like that. More like, "hey Team Flash, Future Me got a brand new suit in the future. It looked awesome. Should we make that suit or nah?"

Barry won't tell them about it though. It's going to be treated like the White Emblem. Crisco decides that Barry needs a new suit and it just so happens that it looks exactly like 2024 Flash.

Ah, got ya lol.

man that last scene was such a tease. I'll be surprised if the reveal of Savitar's identity lives up to everyone's expectations

most important thing is that Barry knows his future self has a cool new suit so hopefully they get to work on an upgrade in the present asap

Expectations are at zero for me, anyways. I don't think I'll be happy, no matter who it is.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

Nabs

I'd feel bad for you guys, but they told us this was going to happen. I mean, Danielle specifically said members would find out before we did.

Magwik

Banned
I'm still trying to figure out why Future Barry trapped Savitar in the Speedforce with full knowledge of Savitar getting out of the Speedforce. Also if Future Barry traps him, what happens to Future Jay?

Am_I_Evil

So I'm still watching..but is it explained how HR can show his face in the future without issue? doesn't seem to be another face on the posters/book cover...

Isn't Wells a known murderer?

Oh God, Savitar is going to turn out to be that time remnant Barry who died at the end of last season fighting Zoom, blaming OG Barry for his death.

jb1234

I made the mistake of watching the previous episode just before this one. Ninety minutes of the show in dour mode, marking time. To be fair, this week's episode was definitely better (if only because there were no Caitlin/Julian scenes) but it felt extraneous. The Savitar reveal is being handled so poorly that I don't even care about it at this point. There's no way it'll be able to live up to all this build-up.

carlsojo

So I'm still watching..but is it explained how HR can show his face in the future without issue? doesn't seem to be another face on the posters/book cover...

Isn't Wells a known murderer?

Ha yeah, there was a dumb throwaway gadget
literal plot device
. It looked like a pen and it makes his face look like some other random dude's face (I think his partner from Earth-Whatever?)... to everyone except Team Flash.

I wish I was kidding.

It was from that episode where they all go to see that movie in the park I think?

I feel like I wouldn't be getting this mad at the show if I was binge watching it all together

Or if they didn't just have a fucking month long break only to pull that shit

Sir Doom

Just like this episode. They've been dragging this Identity way too long.
Wow. Fuck this show. Your seriously gonna string us along for this long?
I think we're supposed to relate with Barry how he got strung along in this episode 🤣

Forget about Savitar, what is up with HR and the drumsticks?

Dude was the only one doing good in the future, about to get a threesome popping.

It does look like they will reveal who Savitar is next week though.

morningbus

I'm going to prep you guys: next week we're going to find out it's Barry.

Then in three episodes we're going to find out which Barry it is.

ChouGoku

DAT TEASE!!!!!

It's Barry from another timeline, isn't it.
Either that or
Ronnie

Yea this episode took away Wally or Julien as my guesses, these are the last 2. But it wouldn't make sense to be Ronnie, he said he gave himself the powers.

What would've made the episode for me is future Cisco giving past Barry a ring with the new suit in it. You had eight years to figure it out, future Cisco!

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I already deleted it off my DVR so I can't check, but was the date Barry traveled to Feb 3rd 2025?

Cause that's my birthday... wonder how I'm celebrating 8 years from now?

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, how can it be 2025 if Barry disappears in the Crisis in 2024?
I asked myself the same thing. First I thought it was 2024 (which now that I think about it is when he said he was trying to get to) but then they said Iris died 8 years ago... 2024 is only 7 years after 2017, not 8.

morningbus

I'm surprised no one has complained about Barry traveling forwards in a timeline where he shouldn't be there.

I was all ready to go, "Speedforce, bro."

I already deleted it off my DVR so I can't check, but was the date Barry traveled to Feb 3rd 2025?

Cause that's my birthday... wonder how I'm celebrating 8 years from now?

Wait, how can it be 2025 if Barry disappears in the Crisis in 2024?

Because it's 2024.

ZeroX03

Banned
Ok, so the writers can't add. Good to know.

They're writers, not mathematicians.

Also from AV Club, I wholeheartedly agree:
Mirror Master was always my favorite Rogue from the comics, but this version is a dud, I'm afraid: personality-free and falling far short of exploiting all the possibilities of mirror powers. Bring on the Earth-2 or Earth-16 or Earth-39 version

Top Bottom