• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

Finally got around to watching the last episode. Pretty disappointing reveal considering how easy it was to call. Also how hasn't the thread title been changed to "All's Wells That Ends Wells" yet?

caliph95

My brain hurts
That tracks with the comic version for the most part.

Barry is the Speedforce (and I imagine the show will still end with him becoming the bolt of lightning that hits himself in the pilot). Once the Speedforce was created, it spread throughout time and space, existing even before Barry created it.

So, basically, SPEEDFORCE AIN'T GOTTA EXPLAIN SHIT.
I don't really understand how Savitar gets the reputation as the first speedster and the god of speed that seemingly precedes everything that creates him in that timeline.

Now that Savitar is future Barry, everything about him doesnt make sense. That's the Flash I know and love (from season 2 onwards).
If it is an multiversal entity it could be that Barry is the first in his universe or Savitar time travelling made him the first
Lol, having Zoom as a drink is in the poorest form, considering how many policemen he killed in there during that one episode with Rupture, even doing a selfie.
Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/AyWFFZC.jpg[/IMG]

Joni

Like some have pointed out after the reveal.... Barry Allen really is the fastest man alive™

It works because it discounts Eobard who we never did actually see lose at top speed, Black Flash who is 'dead' as a zombie and Trajectory who is now speedforce particles.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
The Flash S3 |OT|I am the villain of my story...

ypSCHy6.gif

It works because it discounts Eobard who we never did actually see lose at top speed, Black Flash who is 'dead' as a zombie and Trajectory who is now speedforce particles.

Eobard just loves his monologues. Let the remnant speak. He will make up for it with his incredible conjectures during times when he should be killing folks.

Also relevant to Barry:

8ubGFLt.gif

Magwik

Banned
S3 gave me a greater appreciation for S2. In retrospect Zoom was much more well definied, as were his actions. Dude essentially just wanted to really fuck with Barry from day 1.

caliph95

S3 gave me a greater appreciation for S2. In retrospect Zoom was much more well definied, as were his actions. Dude essentially just wanted to really fuck with Barry from day 1.
Good thing about S3 made me appreciate S2 more, maybe its their plan each new season makes us appreciate the previous more

Joni

Zoom has the advantage of sounding like Tony Todd. Whenever Zoom sounds like Todd, he is a great villain. Whenever he doesn't, the quality drops enormously.

Rymuth

I don't really understand how Savitar gets the reputation as the first speedster and the god of speed that seemingly precedes everything that creates him in that timeline.

Now that Savitar is future Barry, everything about him doesnt make sense. That's the Flash I know and love (from season 2 onwards).
Maybe it's a Mandarin situation where somebody takes the identity of an already established villain.

*Future-Barry in Jail*

"Hello, Mr Allan."
"Who the hell are you?"
"I represent a man whose name you stole. He wants it back"

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
What? Savitar at no moment felt interesting or really threatening. Just compare Zoom delivering a total beatdown to Barry to what Savitar did.

Zoom was a shitty knockoff of Reverse Flash, whose entire plan and identity were garbage tier.

caliph95

Exactly. S3 and Savitar keep running around in circles, so we end up nowhere. S2 had less of that problem.
Say what you will about S2 and it was disappointing as hell but besides them giving up Barry's power for no reason it felt like we are actually progressing at least compared to S3 which feels like a lot of padding

I definitely agree with the people who said this could have been executed so much better if they'd revealed Savitar's identity 5 or so episodes earlier and used to rest to deal with the implications and talk about how—or if they even should—try to beat him because of who he is. Or, hell, even dump in more filler eps because knowing Savitar's true identity actually explains why he isn't doing anything to antagonize the team most of the time.

Now, instead, we only have 3 episodes to tie everything up. I hope they can stick the landing in that amount of time.

I definitely agree with the people who said this could have been executed so much better if they'd revealed Savitar's identity 5 or so episodes earlier and used to rest to deal with the implications and talk about how—or if they even should—try to beat him because of who he is. Or, hell, even dump in more filler eps because knowing Savitar's true identity actually explains why he isn't doing anything to antagonize the team most of the time.

Now, instead, we only have 3 episodes to tie everything up. I hope they can stick the landing in that amount of time.

They've left themselves hardly any breathing room to explain just what in the fuck is going on, what Savitars motivation is and a bunch of other answers to questions. If they can tie it all up in 3 episodes while dealing with all the other usual episode bullshit then kudos, but I don't see it happening.

Zoom has always been a better villain compared to Savitar that had such a short history with the Flash. It's true in the comics and it is now getting there with the tv show. So they are remaining somewhat close to the source material, lol.

These next 3 episodes will probably not satisfy me but I just want to see this end so we can get on with the next season.

I mean they have a good amount of people to take down savitar though right? I know hell just know everything but they have 3 speedsters, two metas with vibaration powers and if they can turn caitlyn someone with ice powers. If savitar really has to wait until that day why not just attack him now.

ameleco

I loved the reveal, but yeah, should have happened episodes earlier. So many questions and who knows if they can get to the all the answers in time or if they'll just say "speedforce" and move on lol

I must have missed it why does Savitar need the suit again?
It literally helps him go even faster, either by reducing Speed Force "drag" (wtf?) or by harnessing more Speed Force.

The faux-science explanation was not clear. It was theoretical even to them, but it was presented like, "if such and such could build a suit to something something, he could move even faster," or something.

carlsojo

It literally helps him go even faster, either by reducing Speed Force "drag" (wtf?) or by harnessing more Speed Force.

The faux-science explanation was not clear. It was theoretical even to them, but it was presented like, "if such and such could build a suit to something something, he could move even faster," or something.

It's entirely possible as well that future Barry has lost his powers and needs the suit to harness the speedforce.

Re: Savitar vs. Zoom:
Pre-unmasking Zoom > Savitar > unmasked Zoom

I thought it was that he needed it because he was moving so fast that it was burning stuff around him or something like that.

carlsojo

I want the season to end with Barry eating with Barry in a resturant all alone. Them just talking about their differences.

Tbh it will probably end with evil Barry replacing our Barry.

Our Barry gets trapped in the Speedforce and next season he has to break out with the help of Captain Cold.

Top Bottom