• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

cr0w

Old Member
That'd be a tough switch. Unless he switched all the way back before Iris went to Earth 2.

I honestly forgot about the holo thing until someone mentioned it earlier and with them using it so visibly this episode it has to play in somehow.

Or they actually follow through with this death and have it stick, which would actually be a refreshing alternative.

ZeroX03

Banned
I love how The Flash pulled a Samurai Jack & was careful not to spoil anything in the ad for the next episode.

The producers probably would've had to fight tooth and nail to make sure it was as vague as possible. The CW marketing team does not give a fuck.

I honestly forgot about the holo thing until someone mentioned it earlier and with them using it so visibly this episode it has to play in somehow.

Or they actually follow through with this death and have it stick, which would actually be a refreshing alternative.

It's definitely a possibly. Like you mentioned, them using it so obviously for the first time in a while does raise some flags.

I figured the swerve was going to be the speed canon being the thing that turns him into a god and he trick everyoen into making it for him.

I was expecting the Bazooka to give him more speed without the use of the Philosopher's Stone.

See! That is why you always equip your accessories before heading into battle. Every RPG has taught me that. Barry decided to equip a weapon instead of an accessory. Sarry equiped the Philosopher's Stone.

Speed Force Bazooka stats

- Adds +10 to damage
- Drains any Speedster of their connection to the Speed Force
- No relation to The Proton Pack™

Philosopher's Stone stats

- Adds +99 Resistance to any weapon, skill, or item that drains you of your speed
- Negates any weapon, skill, or item that disconnects a Speedster from their connection to the Speed Force
- It's also a Pet Rock™

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
0OHKjj2.gif

WedgeX

Banned

Completely disagree. Having people live in modern television is the refreshing alternative.

Maddocks

Savitar took Iris and we've seen HR since then. But Harry had to have done something, had some kind of idea.

But when Barry was using the Bazooka, he let iris go and was running around. Plenty of time to switch placed since HR wasn't very far away from Savitar when they revisited the future in a past episode.

Could be, maybe, kinda could work that HR dies for his new family.

Neoxon

Given how they showed everything going to shit after Iris' death in the future, I'm hoping there's some kind of swerve.

cr0w

Old Member
Completely disagree. Having people live in modern television is the refreshing alternative.

I just mean the twist/switcheroo is used so often that keeping the story as simple and straightforward as it seems to be at first glance right now would seem like a novelty. Shows are always trying to outdo themselves and come up with new and inventive ways of surprising the audience that at this point it would be more surprising for there not to be a twist.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
hey guys

if Flash can't use his powers inside Argus, why don't they just ask Lila to keep Iris there until they beat Future Barry/Savitar?

Salamando

hey guys

if Flash can't use his powers inside Argus, why don't they just ask Lila to keep Iris there until they beat Future Barry/Savitar?

I'm hoping Barry realizes he can't just un-create Savitar...he must exist so that Earth-3 Flash can be freed from the speedforce prison.

Neoxon

Either thats what they did... Or that is a rather massive plothole...

Also where was Julian this ep?
Assuming H.R. was the one who became a Savitar kebab, who impersonated H.R. at STAR Labs if Iris was at ARGUS?

That is.....unless Julian was the one who took one for the team, thus continuing the Caitlin Curse.

jwk94

Either thats what they did... Or that is a rather massive plothole...

Also where was Julian this ep?

Nah, he would die for Caitlin, not Iris.

Assuming H.R. was the one who became a Savitar kebab, who impersonated H.R. at STAR Labs if Iris was at ARGUS?

That is.....unless Julian was the one who took one for the team, thus continuing the Caitlin Curse.

Whtat if Julian was the one impersonating HR?

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
They can't have switched Iris cuz they'd have had to do it before Earth 2 and nobody else would know the heart to heart stuff Iris was talking about with Joe.

Like, what, did Julian suddenly know that Joe sang a song to Iris? I mean if they pull that I'll be INCREDIBLY disappointed.

She gone.

Neoxon

They can't have switched Iris cuz they'd have had to do it before Earth 2 and nobody else would know the heart to heart stuff Iris was talking about with Joe.

Like, what, did Julian suddenly know that Joe sang a song to Iris? I mean if they pull that I'll be INCREDIBLY disappointed.

She gone.
The future they showed where Iris died was literally Darkest Timeline. Unless they go through on a variant of that, I'm not sure if Iris was the one who kebab'd.

jwk94

This is too much lol The writers don't have it in them to do this. I would die from shock if they went this route.

I mean, just taking Iris to another Earth and not telling Barry first shows these writers have it in them. Especially the bit where Savy Barry tricked everyone? We didn't see that coming. I think they might have it in em.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
The future they showed where Iris died was literally Darkest Timeline. Unless they go through on a variant of that, I'm not sure if Iris was the one who kebab'd.
That's what I'm saying. How could it not be? Savitar grabbed her right after her conversation with Joe about stuff that nobody else would know. I don't see how they can have it not be Iris without some serious crap writing going on.

Neoxon

That's what I'm saying. How could it not be? Savitar grabbed her right after her conversation with Joe about stuff that nobody else would know. I don't see how they can have it not be Iris without some serious crap writing going on.
So you're expecting Cisco to lose his hands & for Wally to become a veggie, too?

jb1234

What are the odds that they'll bring back an Iris who is actually interesting and not almost entirely defined by her relationship with Barry?

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
My point is that her death breaks apart the team for 7 or so years. Unless they intend on doing a time skip or something along those lines, there has to be a twist.
But it only did that in that particular future. They changed the future, as shown by Joe being there instead of Wells. Just cuz she died doesn't necessarily mean they go to the darkest timeline.

Guess we will see next week. :)

I just mean the twist/switcheroo is used so often that keeping the story as simple and straightforward as it seems to be at first glance right now would seem like a novelty. Shows are always trying to outdo themselves and come up with new and inventive ways of surprising the audience that at this point it would be more surprising for there not to be a twist.

Killing off character is used even more than the twist/switcheroo in TV shows truth be told.

Any way don't see them killing her off so let see how they bring her back .

But it only did that in that particular future. They changed the future, as shown by Joe being there instead of Wells. Just cuz she died doesn't necessarily mean they go to the darkest timeline.

Guess we will see next week. :)

If that is all it took to change the darkest time line this show is more than a joke than anything else.
Plus don't we need that time line in some way for Savitar to come about in the first place.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Everyone already knew that anything Barry knew Savitar would know, so HR revealing Iris's location even to the real Barry would be an impossibly ridiculous blunder, therefore HR's "mistake" must be part of the good guys' secret plan, right?

Volimar

Everyone already knew that anything Barry knew Savitar would know, so HR revealing Iris's location even to the real Barry would be an impossibly ridiculous blunder, therefore HR's "mistake" must be part of the good guys' secret plan, right?

It did seem too obvious, even for HR. But his pity party later made it seem like a genuine screw up.

jobrro

You would hope so. I mean there is a reason they didn't finish this season with this episode, would be legitimately surprised and disappointed if Iris is still dead at the end of the next episode.

jwk94

... I had forgotten all about that, lol

It was the best part of the game. Hands down the best game ending, build-up for a sequel, and game opening (for I2), I've ever experienced. That final boss battle was perfect because of how eerily familiar Kessler's attack's felt. Then BOOM.

But umm, The Flash...HR's definitely up to something. Maybe Iris was HR's buddy from his Earth? We haven't heard about him for a while.

Salamando

Probably. The writers went to the effort of re-introducing the Holo-Pen while also establishing it can mask men as women, so that's definitely going to come into play too.

Top Bottom