• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

TreIII

Well, glad they didn't go for the "Season Deleted" ending that some thought.

In the end, Barry had to pay for his mistakes and take it like a man. He'll be back, anyway.

Zen Aku

Wow they literally did everything we predicted.

H.R. dies.
Barry has to sacrifice himself.
Wally has to become Central City protector.
Caitlyn turned good again.

And Iris will become the most amazing marathon Olympian in 10 years.

Huh.... That was one theory we all thought about and they did it.

I wanted it and it just happened. Still not sure how I feel right now.

But.... It's time for our boy, Wally West, to shine!! Kid Flash to the rescue 👌

Maddocks

I really liked that ending, it was sweet and sad and it didn't erase everything and start new. The speedforce is going to be nice to him at least as they said he is not going be in a living hell. Wonder what is going to happen now, no doubt the speed force prison is turned not into a prison anymore since its not needed so he can freely leave.

AGITΩ

Hope Season 4 will start with a time skip finding out that the speed force storm caused a bunch of new speedsters around the city, ala Rebirth.

ShadyK54

Some great moments this episode. Still scratching my head after that, though. Really eager to see the trailer for the next season already lol.

Good Episode but it felt sooooo unearned......

Like I genuinely liked the episode but the fact that it took until this point to get clever is frustrating.

I thought we'd have a crisis on infinite Earths to get Barry stuck in the Speedforce though.

Zaverious

I liked the part when the Flash fam were chasing Savitar. Looked pretty cool. The rest was eh. Season 4 should only go up though right?

Good Episode but it felt sooooo unearned......

Like I genuinely liked the episode but the fact that it took until this point to get clever is frustrating.

I thought we'd have a crisis on infinite Earths to get Barry stuck in the Speedforce though.

Yeah. It was a good episode but it wasn't earned.

-

Black Flash = Jobber
Savitar = Jobber
Barry, Jay, Wally = Jobber

Speedsters aren't so scary when they always job :/

I really, REALLY hope the Speed Force gives Barry a new damn suit for next season. He's gotta come back looking badass as hell or I'll.... Probably not flip a table but go on NeoGAF and voice my displeasure!

Vengal

So... does that mean we're getting another speedster next season. First wave RF shows up pretending to be Barry and wally outs him which causes RF to go evil? I think thats how it worked in the comics can't recall. To the wiki!

Like some are saying, they might pull a Rebirth. Team Flash is somehow going to forget who Barry is. Barry reaches out to Wally and we get Barry back.

The Speed Force tells Barry that the world needs him, stops the bullshit prison, and let's Barry go. The twist is that the Season 4 villain has erased Barry from the timeline. Nobody knows who Barry is except Wally.

Johndoey

Banned
I wish this season was terrible. Instead it was just dull as hell and I can already feel a lot of the particulars slipping away from me.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
I'd love it if the credits start next season with Wally doing the voice over and we get a few episodes with no Barry at all.

Tamanon

Banned
I'm glad that Barry took responsibility. Looks like OG Earth-2 Wells is sticking around for the next season, at least to start.

Poor Joe and Iris though. :(

Volimar

Oh God, they're gonna have months go by and Iris finding someone new or something incredibly CW to put off the wedding aren't they?

Dereck

Are you telling me that that Kamehameha wave that Savitar through in mid-air, disabled two speedsters long enough for them to show up right after Savitar dies?

Imagine if we get several episodes of Wally as the Flash, but some Big Bad arrives, and the crossover is all about freeing Barry from the prison so he can help stop it!

Magwik

Banned
Well that was a mess.
And the Speedforce prison shouldn't even exist because it didn't exist when Savitar existed.
We had a lot of the season building up to Wally having to save Iris only for Barry to have to only for Barry to fight evil Barry, and the the Speedforce takes Barry away leaving Wally to ascend as the hero, WHICH THE SHOW COMPLETELY FUCKING DROPPED EARLIER IN THE SEASON

TVexperto

From reddit lol:

4lenk0vzrczy.png

NeonBlack

Imagine if we get several episodes of Wally as the Flash, but some Big Bad arrives, and the crossover is all about freeing Barry from the prison so he can help stop it!

So he can create 10 Savitars somehow? Leave him be

Also, Barry killing Savitar is to far of a line to cross and then Iris shots him dead....

ZeroX03

Banned
HR dying got me crying. Weird cuz I didn't really care if Iris lived or died, but HR is the best. Cool to have Harry back for a while.

I was down with the using the power of friendship plot. It fits The Flash as a show. But then Savitar just didn't want to go along with it? Okay?

Jay is always great.

Not sure what they're doing with Caitlin but it's frustrating.

Hopefully Tom Felton is back next year, I'm still confused as to his status on the show.

I immediately checked outlets to see if there was a 'Grant Gustin exits The Flash' article, and there wasn't. So this whole sacrificing himself to the speed force thing was probably pointless. They won't time skip more than six months. Doing Wally as the new Flash is a great plot that they will 100% drop after the first episode just like Flashpoint. Either go full force with these iconic plots or don't even do them.

I mean it's nowhere near as bad as I thought it could be, but just like the rest of the year it was a bunch of half baked ideas sort of coming together off the charm of the cast. I probably would've preferred they just stuck to the whole Barry is good and friendship part.

How can a show with 23 fucking episodes still feel so damn rushed? Honestly this season was mostly bad, this episode although not bad didn't make for anything. Barry is pretty much the most useless person on this show, I don't think he really does anything except lose. Him paying for all his mistakes is cool, but like everyone else is saying in this thread it feels so unearned. I'm pretty bitter right now haha

Volimar

HR dying got me crying. Weird cuz I didn't really care if Iris lived or died, but HR is the best. Cool to have Harry back for a while.

I was down with the using the power of friendship plot. It fits The Flash as a show. But then Savitar just didn't want to go along with it? Okay?

Jay is always great.

Not sure what they're doing with Caitlin but it's frustrating.

Hopefully Tom Felton is back next year, I'm still confused as to his status on the show.

I immediately checked outlets to see if there was a 'Grant Gustin exits The Flash' article, and there wasn't. So this whole sacrificing himself to the speed force thing was probably pointless. They won't time skip more than six months. Doing Wally as the new Flash is a great plot that they will 100% drop after the first episode just like Flashpoint. Either go full force with these iconic plots or don't even do them.

I mean it's nowhere near as bad as I thought it could be, but just like the rest of the year it was a bunch of half baked ideas sort of coming together off the charm of the cast. I probably would've preferred they just stuck to the whole Barry is good and friendship part.

The article was by Iris West-Allen so they still get married at some point. The writers wouldn't leave a plot hole like that, right? Right?

Top Bottom