• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

We are not worthy.

At the WW premiere.

MnGV7Co.jpg

Is there a reason she has purple hair? Or is it just for fun?

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Just for fun, like Wally's actor. I follow all of the CW peeps on Instagram and it's fun to see their lives outside of the show and all the cool places they go and weird shit they do. Perks of being somewhat rich and famous I guess.

ZeroX03

Banned

You've got no control over your hairstyle while filming. In the off season some actors like to let it grow out and go crazy because they don't have that opportunity for 9 months out of the year.

Keiynan grew his hair out in the last third of the season which was nice actually, Wally's hair in that costume was a little too short.

Just for fun, like Wally's actor. I follow all of the CW peeps on Instagram and it's fun to see their lives outside of the show and all the cool places they go and weird shit they do. Perks of being somewhat rich and famous I guess.

That convention money tbh

Thats cool. It always good to people act "normal" and have fun with life.

edit:

You've got no control over your hairstyle while filming. In the off season some actors like to let it grow out and go crazy because they don't have that opportunity for 9 months out of the year.

That convention money tbh

Yeah for sure, I just wasnt sure if it was maybe for some other role.

Haroon

Looks like I was wrong. We're not getting Savitar for two seasons.
The Thinker is probably the next big bad though (Probably brought Jay back because of it).

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Come to think of it, was there any reason to blow up the philosopher's stone in Star Labs? Didn't see to actually figure in to Savitar's plans at all.

This might be minor but as someone that lives in the metro Vancouver area, I wish Flash,Arrow, Supergirl, The 100 and so on would put a bit more effort into masking how obvious the location is. Takes me put of the story at times.

Worst offending would be how many times fights have happened near Burrard or Granvillr on Supergirl and The Flash and and the many uses of Surrey city hall and the attached library and common area. That's one tiny City of Light that doubles as meeting place, research facility and a dozen other uses across the CW shows.

ZeroX03

Banned
This might be minor but as someone that lives in the metro Vancouver area, I wish Flash,Arrow, Supergirl, The 100 and so on would put a bit more effort into masking how obvious the location is. Takes me put of the story at times.

Worst offending would be how many times fights have happened near Burrard or Granvillr on Supergirl and The Flash and and the many uses of Surrey city hall and the attached library and common area. That's one tiny City of Light that doubles as meeting place, research facility and a dozen other uses across the CW shows.

That's not going to change for three reasons:

1. Budget
2. 99% of the show's audience don't live in Vancouver and don't notice/care
3. Availability (see: budget)

Skii

I'd honestly find it amazing if my home town/city was the central location of an entire group of superhero shows lmao.

Parch

I've never lived in Vancouver but spent enough time there to always notice it in the shows. Even when it's a forest scene it's like yup, that's lower mainland. Lots of scenes in the rain too.

Parch

This show has milked the "evil twin" plot to death. They'll need to move on without everything being based on doppelgangers.

Magwik

Banned
A lot of the best villains are a reflection of the hero, however Zoom is what Savitar needed to be. So much about what Zoloman had said about Barry being one bad day away from him, that without his friends and family Barry would be just like him, that's where the correct route was. However I still am on the side of the fence that says this should have been a story about Wally and not Barry.

That's not going to change for three reasons:

1. Budget
2. 99% of the show's audience don't live in Vancouver and don't notice/care
3. Availability (see: budget)

See I agree and understand that....but then you have shows like Fringe that by and large did a much better job masking the fact. A scene with Peter running through Granville station and Olivia clearly on the wooden Rollercoaster are the only glaring bits I can recall. Oh and the overuse of the library.

I'd honestly find it amazing if my home town/city was the central location of an entire group of superhero shows lmao.

Yeah it was and still is neat just a minor gripe they don't mask it a bit better. Fun fact the end of the Neverending Story has Falcor going to score some weed in the bad part of vancouver....OK this isn't a fact but I pretend it is.

ZeroX03

Banned
See I agree and understand that....but then you have shows like Fringe that by and large did a much better job masking the fact. A scene with Peter running through Granville station and Olivia clearly on the wooden Rollercoaster are the only glaring bits I can recall. Oh and the overuse of the library.

Fringe would have likely have an extra million dollars or so per episode.

ZeroX03

Banned
Flash is CW's golden goose. It boggles my mind they don't invest more money in it.

Because The CW's standards for a successful show are much lower than the other networks, and cheaper production factors into that. Not to mention The Flash (and like every other show on air except three of them) is down year to year. Even smash hits get budget cuts. That's how the medium works.

ZeroX03

Banned
This is the perfect time for a new suit, Barry coming out of a long speed force imprisonment. Cisco's gotta have something ready. Barry's suit was fine three years ago too, it's just aged poorly compared to the rest. Same with Atom.

Arrow kept to a suit change each season. Flash sort of has, if you count future flash (and Savitar) suits. Legends and Supergirl overdue.

This is the perfect time for a new suit, Barry coming out of a long speed force imprisonment. Cisco's gotta have something ready. Barry's suit was fine three years ago too, it's just aged poorly compared to the rest. Same with Atom.

Arrow kept to a suit change each season. Flash sort of has, if you count future flash (and Savitar) suits. Legends and Supergirl overdue.

Barry looked good until the Reverse Flash suit showed up, progressively worse since then especially with each new speedster introduced.

Honestly Supergirl just needs yellow or gold in the symbol.
(though i'd accept something kinda different like Injustice if they wanted)

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I'm sure we'll see a variation of that suit in the next season. Those costumes are expensive to make and they've been pretty good at reusing them so far.

Yeah, probably going to be used for THE RETURN OF BARRY ALLEN! No way did they make that suit just for a one off episode.

Tankard

Season 1 was so good. I know it's CW, but it's unfortunate that this has become yet another one of their soap operas.

I will drop it but it's specially sad to me because i love the characters, which is the opposite of what i felt about Arrow.

Joni

So, now that Savitar is dead or didn't exist, shouldn't Wally and Caitlin loose their powers?

Wally got his powers from the speedforce, just in calcified format harnessed by Barry. Speedforce also doesn't undo things that happened in the past. Everything that Savitar did before being erased, still happened. Just like killing Thawne didn't undo Nora's death.

WedgeX

Banned
Just caught up. Finished much better then I had expected! Can't believe that HR actually switched with Iris. For once some of my speculation was spot on.

Does this mean that Wally's going to wear the red suit next season? And get mentored by Ollie? Please say yes.

And they can bring back Linda now.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Just caught up. Finished much better then I had expected! Can't believe that HR actually switched with Iris. For once some of my speculation was spot on.

Does this mean that Barry's going to wear the red suit next season? And get mentored by Ollie? Please say yes.

Do you mean Wally?

ZeroX03

Banned
Doesn't it feel like there should be a new episode today? Feels like we got two thirds of a plot and I'm still not quite sure what Savitar's deal is.

Ah well, it hits US Netflix in a few hours folks!

Just like with Manu over on Arrow, you better hope Shannara gets cancelled!

WedgeX

Banned
Doesn't it feel like there should be a new episode today? Feels like we got two thirds of a plot and I'm still not quite sure what Savitar's deal is.

Ah well, it hits US Netflix in a few hours folks!

Just like with Manu over on Arrow, you better hope Shannara gets cancelled!

Hopes commencing.

Magwik

Banned
Oh right I forgot about Doctor Light

Also Iris should have died, none of this Savitar nonsense would have happened with Patty

Top Bottom