• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash Season 4 Trailer

ReiGun

How much of this season will be spent in this gray, dead concrete room?

star-labs-surface-studio-microsoft-5.jpg

80%, 90%?

Barry really does have the worst headquarters.

Kara has the DEO, which is a fully staffed military installation that always feels alive and high tech.

Ollie has the Arrow Cave, which is very well designed and feels "lived in."

It goes without saying how cool the Wave Rider is.

Meanwhile, STAR Labs is just a series of bland gray rooms. The metahuman pipeline is probably the most interesting thing about it visually.

Kara has the DEO, which is a fully staffed military installation that always feels alive and high tech.

Meanwhile, STAR Labs is just a series of bland gray rooms. The metahuman pipeline is probably the most interesting thing about it visually.

I imagine some of the STAR labs blandness was originally done on account of needing to save money for FX.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
I hope they introduce more villains for flash cuz I hate how there's just one antagonist and it happens to be deformed deus ex machina speedster . Also plz no more melodrama and emo barry...jeezus

carlsojo

Thing is, when Flash first started out it was the best HQ by far! They just need to upgrade.

It would be cool if the first half of the season was Wally as the Flash and maybe even Arsenal can guest star.

first half of the season? so 12 episodes without Barry Allen? lol they couldnt manage to have more than one episode without Barry getting his powers pack in the Flashpoint episode.

and people ask for half a season lol^^

http://ew.com/tv/2017/07/25/flash-tom-felton-not-returning-season-4/

The Flash: Tom Felton not returning as series regular

Tom Felton will not be returning as a series regular for the fourth season of The Flash, EW has learned exclusively.

Felton joined the show as a series regular in season 3 as Flashpoint creation Julian Albert, Barry’s (Grant Gustin) prickly CSI lab partner who turned out to be Doctor Alchemy — though he was unaware of being an acolyte of Savitar. He was also a love interest to Caitlin Snow (Danielle Panabaker).

At the close of season 3, Julian was still a member of Team Flash, but with Barry now trapped in the Speed Force, and the show jumping ahead at least six months, it appears that Julian has left the team. The character was missing from the new season 4 footage in the recently released trailer, which was shown at Comic-Con, an event the Harry Potter alum also didn’t attend.

As of yet, Felton has not booked a return to the show — Floriana Lima, for instance, will return for “multiple episodes” of Supergirl next season despite not returning as a series regular — but as with all actors in the Berlanti-verse, there’s a chance we could see Felton again if it makes sense for the story and his scheduling permits it.

this is so stupid, he was always calling out barrys bs

Eh.. when he was no longer a direct antagonist, he just wasn't interesting. The character being completely oblivious to social cues got old fast.

If they were to bring a character that added to the teams scientific background while "calling out" Barry or others, I'd say bring back Hartley/Pied Piper instead. At least he has a bit more of a blank slate, so they wouldn't have an uphill battle in overcoming a poor character archetype.

PSqueak

Banned
If they were to bring a character that added to the teams scientific background while "calling out" Barry or others, I'd say bring back Hartley/Pied Piper instead. At least he has a bit more of a blank slate, so they wouldn't have an uphill battle in overcoming a poor character archetype.

Except Hartley was changed when Barry went back in time and caused the time wraith to attack and he changed the events of the Pied Piper episode, when Barry returned to the present Hartley was a good guy and no longer a dick.

When Cisco told Julian that Hartley was a dick he meant the pre-explosion Hartley.

Except Hartley was changed when Barry went back in time and caused the time wraith to attack and he changed the events of the Pied Piper episode, when Barry returned to the present Hartley was a good guy and no longer a dick.

When Cisco told Julian that Hartley was a dick he meant the pre-explosion Hartley.

I'm aware that he's not a dick anymore. Being a dick isn't a necessary character attribute in order to act as a foil. It's often the easiest path but not a necessity.

I suppose it really hinges on the writers skill though. Felicity as a foil to Oliver came across whiny. Earth 2 Wells as a foil to Team Flash came across as a dick. Though I think Earth 2 Wells did see development in such a way as to soften that impression and introduce more complexity.

But Julian just comes across as lacking any understanding of human emotions or social niceties. Which can become endearing when expressed as naivete but when it comes across as superiority it's extremely off putting. So ingratiating him to the group is an uphill battle. And that shows in the last half of the season where they really didn't know what to do with him, so they paired him Caitlyn to justify bringing out some humanity in him. But it's a tedious character arc that screams that he'll betray the group the moment it doesn't work out with her.

That's why I see Hartley being reset as a decent starting point. He doesn't have that same baggage to fight against. Even before the reset he wasn't so solidly antagonistic and that gives more room, more options to develop him.

Top Bottom