• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Frame Rate of Fallout 4 in Interiors is horrible [PS4]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coxy100

Banned
Oh my god those comments on the first video. Dangerous levels of salt from gaf haters hah.

But no that actually looks pretty great tbh. Bit of stuttering when you were hanging by the hole in the wall before running through, but the rest of the frame rate looks fine. Maybe it's just me.

Not just you - people get far too hung up on fps / 1080p and all of that. Genuinely I couldn't give a shit, as long as a game is fun, that's all that bothers me.

If it's broke though....that's a different matter (and this doesn't look anything like that)

Kssio_Aug

Maybe it gets worse the more you play, like all gamebryo things

I believe the experience may be solid overall. But in some areas it may have some serious frame rate issues.

Maybe something like BlightTown in Dark Souls, but probably (and holefully) less severe.

GeeTeeCee

Hopefully my decision to wait until after Christmas to buy the game will prove the correct one. Either the most egregious glitches & tech issues get fixed by then so I can buy it, or the issues will persist and I won't feel bad about skipping it.

I've always enjoyed playing the Fallout games... right up until they stop working. I've had a bad run of luck with the franchise, which is why Fallout 4 is firmly in the "wait and see" zone.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
Hopefully my decision to wait until after Christmas to buy the game will prove the correct one. Either the most egregious glitches & tech issues get fixed by then so I can buy it, or the issues will persist and I won't feel bad about skipping it.

I've always enjoyed playing the Fallout games... right up until they stop working. I've had a bad run of luck with the franchise, which is why Fallout 4 is firmly in the "wait and see" zone.

Why wouldn't it be a good idea in any way? You'll still be experiencing the game at some point. I don't see anything negative about waiting it out if you are concerned about performance.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Yikes. Do we even need to wait for DF now? lol.
Ha ha, yes, I think you should. That's just my opinion based on everything that we've been seeing as of late (including in this very thread). I'm not the one writing up anything on it. I'm just super disappointed by what they've accomplished. I honestly expected better.

notaskwid

7gcVw9D.jpg

that feel when the hat guy equips his notepad like a shield because they copy-pasted animations from skyrim

pixar-level of animation skill here guys
Holy shit. Quality job right here guys.

They made the right choice then. Fallout 4 is an ugly game (much less attractive than MGSV) and runs like garbage on consoles.

im_shocked.gif

And yet, much like FO3 and Skyrim it will get a pass for being low quality due to the promise in the bug filled game and still get GOTY.

Alright good, I was debating on which game to get in the fall and this made the decision much easier for me, they really still haven't learned even in the new generation. It's sad to know that reviewers will just have a note of the poor performance and it will barely affect scores though.

RS4-

Watching a lot of gameplay on the Live with PlayStation app. I asked if there are any framerate issues and they all said extremely minor to none.

Who to believe.

Some people gotta lie to themselves so they don't feel like they wasted money on it.

Tanston

So these horrible unplayable framerate issues are they better, worse or the same then the horrible unplayable framerate issues in the Witcher 3? Because I just finished the Witcher 3 last night and found it to be a fantastic game.

Renekton

They made the right choice then. Fallout 4 is an ugly game (much less attractive than MGSV) and runs like garbage on consoles.
Hyperbole I hope, no? D:

MGSV has very minimal amount of scenery. Blocky buildings, basic deserts and mountains, sparse number of objects, etc. Meanwhile FO4 screenies look like lots of stuff onscreen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom