• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 'Future of Final Fantasy' will be revealed June 11

Nibel

Lockhart if old

We were just invited to see the "future of Final Fantasy" at a pre-E3 event scheduled to go down the morning of June 11, at about 9am.

[...]

Oh yeah. The news. Our invite says that we'll get some Q&A time with senior vice president Shinji Hashimoto. This is the same man that told us that Square Enix is working on a next-gen Final Fantasy title back in Feburary at the PS4 announcement.

Source (Destructoid)

Vashetti

Banned
cdtl3nbecbni.jpg

(I am)

Into

Are they going to showcase their plans for this franchise? It sounds like something like that, say they got 2 console FF games in the works and 3 IOS games with a 3DS one as well or something akin to that?

The future of Final Fantasy hopefully involves a game that was announced six (edit: SEVEN...ugh) years ago.

jk more Lightning for everybody!

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
My guess: FFXV, exclusive for PS4 for a limited time

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
All over my Ultros' face.

Nibel

I'm certain they will re-reveal FF Versus for PS3/maybe PS4 and present a new FF which looks like Agni's Philosophy

Luthos

Surprise! The future of Final Fantasy includes an amazing 3 more games featuring the amazing Lightning!

What if it isn't a Versus re-reveal and ends up being an entirely new game?

But Square Enix is in the process of restructuring after continued losses.

Why potentially jeopardize all of those sunk costs when you could just put the FF series on reboot with FF15 and try to get people back on your side?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Imagine if they unveiled Final Fantasy XV and Final Fantasy XVI for PS4.

Top Bottom