• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 'Future of Final Fantasy' will be revealed June 11

The future of Final Fantasy = 'no future'
Come on guys, don't fall for this.
It's probably FFXIII-4

Even as a XIII series fan I highly doubt they will have another one. Some people seem to just want to assume the worst. A rough patch in the series somehow translates into the doom and gloom downfall of the whole thing. And XIV is looking to be really nice. MMO or not, it seems like a labor of love especially for those who want to get away from the sci-fi world of XIII.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Even as a XIII series fan I highly doubt they will have another one. Some people seem to just want to assume the worst. A rough patch in the series somehow translates into the doom and gloom downfall of the whole thing. And XIV is looking to be really nice. MMO or not, it seems like a labor of love especially for those who want to get away from the sci-fi world of XIII.

I dunno. With Square's recent track record, I can't find it in me to be optimistic.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
A CGI trailer for a game that will come out in 2018.

With ARR and LR, two main titles, coming out in six months one after the other... I'm willing to give them time until Q1 2015 for their next main entry.

imagine if FFVII Remake was announced and they went with this design:

aldARWC.jpg

the reactions would be amazing
A remake with that style and for a handheld.

The internet wouldn't survive the salt.

pixlexic

Banned
If the past games and new trailer are anythimg to go by ..the next ff games will basically be a movie with choose your own adventure prompts.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I'm actually starting to get afraid about Versus and the rumors being true that they've converted it to have an old school turnbased shit battlesystem instead of being an action RPG like originally intended, if they have indeed changed the name to FFXV and they are doing the same kind of backpedaling on a mainline game not getting to be too drastically different from its predecessors, like they did with Dragon Quest IX. I dun want that. .___.

I really hope the rumors are true. Kingdom Hearts 1 was all I played of that series and that combat system does not convince me that the team can make a satisfying ARPG. I'd kill for the biggest RPG series to go back to its menu-based roots (preferably with something like the combat system from either FFX or X2).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
imagine if FFVII Remake was announced and they went with this design:

aldARWC.jpg

the reactions would be amazing
That's disgusting as fuck. Cloud's actually scary looking.

Arthea

What is in the future? We had no single good game developed internally by SE, no?
Not sure about iOS. Are iOS gamers happy with SE?

I'm skeptical about future of FF, still I want to BELIEVE!
Don't kill Hope, SE!
pun intended, yup

StuBurns

Banned
May be it is, only it's not developed internally or only partly internally, but SE owns IP, so it's still technically their game.
Still, that's one game...
It's still designed by SE, just because Jupiter worked on it, doesn't mean SE isn't responsible for it's excellence.

And there are others, KH:BbS is amazing. SE have just under performed on consoles. They're gun shy because the budgets are too large, on handhelds they're still good.

StuBurns

Banned
I've been meaning to buy it but just haven't gotten around to actually buying it.
Is TWEWY really that good?
Well, I wouldn't have chosen to pitch it like that to someone asking for purchasing advice, because raising expectations is never good, regardless of how good a game is. But personally, I think it's the best thing SE has done this generation, and the best game on DS.

Arthea

I have to agree, TWEWY is one of the best games on DS. It doesn't mean everybody likes it.
Music is so bad in this game, for example, imo of course.

Vashetti

Banned
Why is everyone going nuts on that modern take of FFVII's artstyle?

I think it's very true to the original and looks pretty cool.

Famassu

I really hope the rumors are true. Kingdom Hearts 1 was all I played of that series and that combat system does not convince me that the team can make a satisfying ARPG. I'd kill for the biggest RPG series to go back to its menu-based roots (preferably with something like the combat system from either FFX or X2).
Lol, yes let's use a game that's over ten years old from a period when said team was still getting a hang of developing such complex & fastpaced 3d action games (and succeeded pretty well, even if there were some kinks in it still). Please, don't be silly. Kingdom Hearts series alone has come forward so much on much inferior technology. Alongside the Ys series, it's pretty much the best action RPG series around from a gameplay POV, there's nothing even rivaling those two, not now and certainly not in Squaresoft's past.

Top Bottom