• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Game Awards 2015 Thread: Keighley's Last Supper

After watching the Jade Raymond segment again I'm thinking the envelope actually said "Viva Seifert - The Witcher 3". Jade's reaction was even like "The Witcher 3?". I think she's simply like Ron Burgundy and will read word for word whatever is in front of her. lol. So I think that part was probably not entirely her fault.

She was 100% reading what was in the envelope. It's slightly embarrassing that she didn't know the name of the actual game that the award was for, but I don't think that's on her.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Hopefully the Jade situation it's not going to be extrapolated tho... hopefully no one it's going to make a thread about... please...

I'm sure the images are being collated now and the gifs are being created. such a trivial joke. a joke!

Lunar15

Anyone with Pics?

1449201721074.png

I love Napstablook.

Boke1879

Yup. Bad look from Jim. It's like he has something against Geoff or these awards. Which are actually pretty good. Sure it's commercialized but Geoff is paying most of this out of pocket he's gotta get advertisers.

I'm glad we have someone like Geoff who really does put his all into this shit.

Guy from CDPR.

So basically it was the award for Best Performance being read by Jade Raymond, and she said the winner was the actress from Her Story, then said the Witcher 3, making it sound like she was in the Witcher 3.

So that Witcher 3 guy is like supremely confused as to what is happening.

Ahh thanks for the explanation!

Guy from CDPR.

So basically it was the award for Best Performance being read by Jade Raymond, and she said the winner was the actress from Her Story, then said the Witcher 3, making it sound like she was in the Witcher 3.

So that Witcher 3 guy is like supremely confused as to what is happening.

the additional part being that Viva Seifert (who did win) is right in front of him.

Jebusman

Banned
Yeah Jim is being a bit of an asshole here.
And I'm a huge Jim fan, I'm a patreon sub.
I'm not sure why he is doing this.

I'm going to drop a bit of knowledge on you.

Jim is an asshole.

He has always been an asshole.

Thing is, he's always been an asshole to the people you also don't like, so everyone is like "Yay Jim".

Now he's being an asshole to someone that you like, and it's all "Jim why?"

But it shouldn't surprise you why.

Because he's an asshole.

Visceir

It was a good show, the shilling and ads are a necessary evil to keep the bills paid and lights on.

People hating on Jade Raymond need to grow up, it was funny and an innocent jab.

It was a better produced show compared to last year. Much more professional too.

Some of the awards I don't agree with but I didn't play many of them so I can't disagree either.

All I know is that my GOTY is Bloodborne and it sucks that it didn't win any awards :(

Jade throwing shade at Kiefer was weird, she was probably under some kind of influence or the teleprompter was messed with.

I enjoyed the performances but the sounds are off. It seems as though they weren't loud enough. I'm sure they were loud in person but on the streams they were pretty quiet. I'm also pretty sure that the after-party will be tons better for music since many more people will be in a more intimate location and under the influences of alcohol or drugs.

Again, I think many people were expecting way too much in terms of reveals and premieres. This is an award show aimed for the mainstream so expect many ads, musical performances related and unrelated to the videogames industry. With another show coming this weekend (PSX) people should expect more announcements there and not here.

The saddest parts about this award show are the tributes and the people being dicks about them. It's ok if you don't care and aren't interested but please refrain from telling us your thoughts about dead people and pioneers in this industry. You come off as rude and immature and disrespectful. I know this is a stupid question but how would many people like to see their versions of an videogame award show with no ads but they also have to appeal to the mainstream audiences and get paid to keep producing their awards show?

Overall, Geoff has a good thing going. With more money he should have better production values next year since next year is going to be packed with games. Last years was a solid 7/10 and this year beats it by one point, 8/10. The overall presentation value was way better. Focused on the awards and focused on the games with not too much on either side. I think Geoff needs to find musical performances that resonate more with the crowd and the industry. I know that not many people know who CHVRCHES are so it was a bit lackluster for the crowd and the viewers. Generic big room, house, and dubstep doesn't do well in a crowd like this and it will only hurt the performer. Sad to say it but EDM producers/djs play off of the energy of the crowd that are drunk, high, or crossfaded and it gives off a much more livelier scene than this.

This makes Jim look just bitter

Yeah, is he pouting because he wasn't put forward for Trending Gamer or something? Don't see what the beef is, this is old news, Jim.

--

All this 'lol Raymond drunk af' comments seem really weird, like a creepy ass vibe. She was nervous on stage and you're picking apart everything she did. And then the card was wrong so she read that out instead? She knew it was wrong when she said it, that's why she looked back to the stage and said 'What?' Like damn, internet is creepy as fuck when women are concerned. No wonder after the Assassins Creed days she went away for a while. She comes back into the spotlight for 5 minutes and she's dissected in every detail, damn.

I thought it was hilarious, what's the controversy? The joke that she had to say because she was reading it off the wall?

Don't get why everyone is scrutinizing Jade so much over being a lil drunk on stage. Not really a big deal, chill folks, it's a dumb games awards night
She screwed up the announcement of the winner of the award she was there to give (Which probably wasn't fully her fault. I think the card was misprinted). Plus people seem to be a bit tiffy about her MGS joke.

I mean, I'm not mad at her or anything, but I haven't seen anything but some playful jabs about her being a little tipsy and screwing a thing or two up. Which seems pretty reasonable. I don't think anyone is being overly mean.
I'm going to drop a bit of knowledge on you.

Jim is an asshole.

He has always been an asshole.

Thing is, he's always been an asshole to the people you also don't like, so everyone is like "Yay Jim".

Now he's being an asshole to someone that you like, and it's all "Jim why?"

But it shouldn't surprise you why.

Because he's an asshole.
This is actually a perfect summary of the Jim Sterling tweet. Dude specifically makes money off the persona of being an asshole. I don't know why people are surprised that he's continuing on being an asshole.

Obeso

Banned
My point was that its the same thing as last year. A WRPG.
Gamers.
Last year selection was way weaker than this year. Maybe even Fallout4 would have won.
Liked DA:I, but it won because of lack of competition.
Wrpg again? Coincidence. Witches 3 Is The best game this gen until now.

It was alright overall, though it could have been better. One major thing I'd like them to do is add a dress code. CDPR representative in sweat pants, some other guy in shorts and sandals. Was a bit too unprofessional looking for my taste.

Frog-fu

Banned
Jim Sterling mocking ads like he doesn't know of the realities in creating a huge award show like this.

Dude has some nerve when he is living off Patreon subs. He knows shit ain't free.

Top Bottom