• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The game you put most hours into

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
5 years of hardcore WoW will never be topped.

Phobophile

A scientist and gentleman in the manner of Batman.
Nearly 47 days of gameplay put into Tap Titans 2. Dunno why I've put so much time into a P2W incremental game... Haven't spent a dime on it, though

LakeEarth

If you could blend all of my Guitar Hero / Rockband time, I'm sure that would add up to an insane amount of time as that was my go-to game for years and years.

Since those are technically multiple games, I'll go with Street Fighter 3rd Strike.

SteveWD40

5 years of hardcore WoW will never be topped.

Same, I played pretty full on from 2005 - 2010, then on and off until 2014. Now I have twins and the Switch is the only gaming device that fits my lifestyle so I doubt I will ever top this.

Runner up would be Morrowind on the OG Xbox, must have got to at least 500 hours or so there.

Not sure if I should be proud of this or deeply deeply ashamed of it :-

Ita5ssy.png

In at Number 2 is Mass Effect 2 with 875 hours

PaulBizkit

1. An mmorpg from when I was 14-16 (Tibia Online)
2. If the Guitar Hero franchise (3, metallica, greatest hits and rock band beatles) count, then those.
3. Final Fantasy XII (120 hours,
that game was so cool, and when you have enough resistance/lvl, you can explore the world freely and take on the many hunt quests; that game gets a 11/10 in Immersion
)

Kadayi

Banned
I dare say a couple of MMOs and CS racked up several hundred, but right now from what is trackable Crusader Kings 2 is dominating with 716 hours logged and counting.

Meesh

I'd like to say it's Zelda Oot but I'm sure it's actually Mon Hun TriU I think, pretty sure it's over 600 hours... :/
The whole series really is such a time sink for me.

Paasei

13 years of WoW. On and off, but still since the beginning of the game.
I'll check my /played later today.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Wow! My total is miniscule compared to most but I've put in about 250 hours into The Witcher 3 and still haven't finished the expansions and still hundreds of markers all over the maps.

Socom-Silencer

Neo Member
Socom 2. I essentially played it every single day for 8 hours for 5 years. Huge hole in my gaming heart that game used to fill perfectly. I had a PC for 2 weeks and PUBG was the closest to filling it since.

Really hoping you get an email that I’m messaging you. I can’t PM you because I don’t have the privileges.

Ryker

Well, I think one of the most obvious games for me is Final Fantasy XI. I had about 2 years of "played" time, meaning I was logged in for that much time, and truth be told, I rarely AFK'ed. A lot of that time was spent camping monsters, doing Dynamis, working other jobs/merit parties, farming, or getting from one place to another. I also played WoW for 10 years, and I think I exceeded my FFXI playtime, handily. It's one of those two.

For single player games, off the top of my head.
1. Dragon Quest 9 - 270 hours
2. Final Fantasy X-2 - 215 hours
3. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - 187 hours
4. Xenoblade Chronicles - 155 hours
5. Dragon Quest VII - 134 hours (ongoing)
Honorable mention: Disgaea Series (125-200 hours for each of these games)

Most of the games I play are over 60-110 hours, so I try not to linger too long in a game once I've done all of the additional content.

Last edited:

n0razi

It usually whatever popular multiplayer game that was out when you were 16-22 yrs old

for me thats CS 1.6 and Brood War

I can imagine it being Fortnite for kids born around 2000

Last edited:

Durask

Dawn of War: Soulstorm with various mods - last few years only with the Ultimate Apocalypse map.
1253 hours over the years.
Just find it very relaxing to play this game against the computer.

The second one would be Borderlands 2 with 320 hours.

Starcraft/Brood War back in the day - however I do not have the number of hours I played it - I am sure it was quite a lot.

Last edited:

Södy

NHL Series if that counts. Playing since 97 even though it decreased in the last few years (still playing 04 though). Also, Halo, Burnout Revenge and Red Dead Redemption. One game though... Halo 3 or Red Dead.

Kreydo

6 years on Lineage II(2004-2009)(2015-2016), the best gaming experience I ever had.
~20.000 hours of sweat, tears, blood and dramas.
learned 2 language (english and 1337).
met a girlfriend.
met 10 years real life friends.

Wish MMORPG were still about community and not selfish 'achievement' within cashshops.

Last edited:

drotahorror

Besides WoW, which would be too hard to calculate (2 sold accounts, current account inactive and will remain that way) but I did have years play time, 1 character had a year on it and I had tons of characters.

On Steam
Gobf0n4.jpg

According to smite.guru I played SMITE -
degRDY5.jpg

The only game I still play out of these is Dead by Daylight which I play a bit every day usually. I haven't really played Smite in over 2 years. For Honor is a bit skewed because I AFK'd bot matches when the game initially came out.

God Enel

It's probably a tie between diablo 2 and Dota 2. But I think diablo 2 has a slight edge over Dota though I'm not sure.

I think sudoku on my iPhone clocks a lot of hours too as I'm playing it a lot on the go.

I used to play Quake 3 competitively. On average, a few hours a day, everyday, for a couple years. So well over 1000.
When GTA3 came out on PS2, my friends and I played it at least 8 hours a day for several months. Probably 500+. I put a lot of hours into Morrowind and Oscuro Oblivion. I'd estimate 1000 combined. Lately, probably the Souls/Bloodbourne games have gotten the most time from me. But I don't game nearly as much as I used to. I've gone from a hardcore/lifestyle gamer to a casual gamer. Maybe a dozen hours a month.

JimiNutz

Banned
It always going to be some kind of online shooter for me.
This generation it's been Overwatch which I think I've played for close to 100 hours.

Havoc2049

My current top games this gen:
1. Destiny: 1917 hrs 52 mins
2. Elite Dangerous: 607 hrs 24 mins
3. Destiny 2: 530 hrs 4 mins
4. Halo The Master Chief Collection: 358 hrs 47 mins
5. Halo 5: 141 hrs 47 mins (Halo 5 is my least played main line FPS Halo game)

Needless to say, I've only completed or mastered a handful of other games this gen. I've also put hundreds of hours into Sea of Thieves, but the game doesn't keep track of time played.

I've also put thousands of hours into the Halo and Phantasy Star series over the years. If Phantasy Star Online 2 would have received a western release, it would probably be right behind Destiny in hours played.

B_Signal

in the past I've had saves on Football Manager that counts play time in months. Back when I was at college it was pretty normal to spend literal weeks of play time each year

LordOfChaos

Skyrim, 100 hours.

...I don't put that many hours into singular games I guess, lol. 50 hours into the Witcher and just starting Blood and Wine, where I know people spent 300+ hours in it.

MrDanGuy

Its either Halo 2, or Runescape when I was younger. The most recent game was Ark Survival Evolved where I have like 35 days of play time.

Top Bottom