• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The game you put most hours into

Ricker

No contest...PSO,between the DC and Gamecube version,must of played 1,000 hours lol...close second is probably WoW.

Akronis

ARMA 3. Somewhere around 700 hours. I jump around a lot, so nothing crazy like 2000+ hours compared to some of you lol

If Half-Life 1 mods counts towards HL1, then that. I put thousands of hours into Counter-Strike and TFC, hundreds of hours into Day of Defeat, and dozens of hours into other mods like ActionHL, Science & Industry, svenCoop, and more.

But, even if mods don't count to the main game, then it's probably:

1. Counter-Strike
2. TFC
3. ... who knows. GTA:San Andreas is up there, because I've beaten it like 5 times and each time really put a lot of time into the play through.

From like 1999 - 2002, I played Counter-Strike every day for hours and hours a day after school. And then again in college played it a ton.

DarkOneX

I can't say exactly how many hours but probably that old total conversion mode for Quake 2? I think it was called Urban Terror. Played the shit out of that, got up to like rank #3 in the world I played so much and got really good at it. After that, probably The Division at ~450 hours, and coming up behind that is Dead by Daylight, my current favorite game I play almost every day. I'd guess I'm around 400 hours into that one and no stopping in sight.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
Most recently it'd be:
UuVi0BZ.png

I started in May.

Emitan

I have like 1.6k hours in FFXIV and 1.3k in Guild Wars 2. Also I reached the cap in Super Smash Bros Melee (999 hours).

Damn, OP, that is a lot of Mercenaries.

I don't have a figure (the console versions don't track play time) but I feel like I've played thousands of hours of Left 4 Dead 1/2. Had to have played at least a thousand hours. I was seriously addicted to it back when I moved to a new city and usually played several matches a day, at least for several months, maybe even years.

As far as verified time played, it would probably be Skyrim. When I finished up the last DLC (Dragonborn) i was at around 125 hours.

HyGogg

Banned
It might be Space Harrier. I couldn't possibly estimate the hours of my youth spend on that game, but I'm sure it's more than the free time I've had in adulthood.

daveo42

Banned
I don't want a screenshot of it because I don't want to know, but it has to be FFXI. I think I had close to 300 days logged in game around the time I quit. There were full days I would do nothing but play that game. Like 18 hour sessions. It's the game that made me realize I shouldn't play MMOs and I'm glad I got out when I did, even though I never actually finished Chains of Promathia.

FFXI, without a doubt.

Total time played is: 787 days, 2 hours, 54 minutes and 45 seconds.

Most of that was spent afk, overnight bazaaring in Rollanberry fields, but still.

FF XI. A month of playtime accumulated over the years. Small potatoes compared to some of these posts goddamn! Kinda glad FF XIV repulses me because I don’t ever want to play a game for 3000+ hours.

Dark Souls 2 has around 700 hours spent on various characters since the vanilla release. So much stuff to do in that game and the variety in builds has me still tinkering around.

It's probably already Breath of the Wild. First played myself more than 200 hours and then with my wife at least the same amount. Can't get enough of the game.

Raven117

Destiny....Not even close. 800 hours...most of which coming in Year 1.

Witcher 3 may have climbed over 100 hours with all DLC. (Im sure it did).

Monster Hunter 4, about 90 hours.

Skyrim about 80 hours.

The rest...usually between 20-40.

PUBG is getting there for me. About to hit 200 hours.

My others are Metal Gear Online on PS2. I think I hit 500 hours in that.

Halo 3 has got to be in the 400-500 range too.

muteki

Probably TF2, back when I was in school or unemployed. Also put in a ridiculous amount of time into MGS5 compared to how much I enjoyed the game.

I don't really play MMOs or other shooters or more time consuming stuff. I guess if you picked a few RPGs and totaled all my runs it would be a lot, but I wouldn't consider it the same thing.

I just hit 3250 hours in Dota 2.

Have a group of about 11 high school/college friends that all play, so we pretty much always get a 5 stack and play daily

Tengrave

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. Put a bunch into the others (including 1) as well. Looking forward to doing it all again for World.

Tagyhag

Aw yeah, I thought I was the only one!

Yeah the problem with Runescape is that it was not only one of the most social MMO's during its heyday, but one of the grindiest.

It was all set up to suck hours out of you to keep paying for membership.

I mean, that's almost all MMO's, but this one was particularly insidious.

It's on track to be Splatoon 2, which is already over 200 after a few months.
Got 300 in Warhawk on PS3.
I put over 500 into San Andreas on PS2.
Over 500 into SOCOM Confrontation on PS3.

Over 1000 into the original Star Wars Battlefront.

Hloft

Neo Member
Most played game is definitely Tales of symphonia. I am not sure how many hours I've put but having finished the game 9 times should be enough.

Pat

World of Warcraft by a mile.

Probably followed by Zelda: BotW, Counter-Strike 1.6, Starcraft, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Super Mario Sunshine, MarioKart 64, F-Zero GX, Halo 2, Zelda:OoT and some other games.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
SSBM, and it's not even fucking close. Me and my friends clocked in around 10,000 hours.

Top Bottom