• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The game you put most hours into

League of Legends,
Victoria 2 and a bunch of other Paradox games.

The first game I ever put serious time in was Oblivion. I got every achievement, did every quest and replayed the game dozens of times. I'd say about 130 hours. Nothing compared to the above ones.

Most certainly the first Trackmania, I've been playing it on and off for like 3-4 years. In the most active times even like 6-8 hours per day as I'd work manically on tracks (built well over a hundred with many requiring 30-40 hours between tests and all). Quite easily in the thousands of hours albeit I don't have any tracking tool to say the amount.

DMiz

Skyrim.

I was one of those people who thrived during the really creative mod era of Skyrim. There were new things coming out for it every week that I just had to try, that would inevitably:

1) Break the game that I was playing before; and,
2) Reinvent the mechanics in such a way that I needed to play the whole thing again.

It remains one of the most powerful games that have captured my interest and attention over the past 10 years. I doubt it will be topped, especially since the model for modding that Bethesda is now going for, with the Creator's Club, makes it no longer interesting and has effectively destroyed what was once a very fertile ground for budding developers.

I'm just happy that I had a PC that could handle all of the mods and what-not back when the modding was at its hey-day. I'm not sure we will ever see such a commercial game be open to fans meddling with its internal workings in some time.

I stopped playing Blur (360) when I saw the in-game stats showing 7 weeks. It became an addiction. Those 20/10 people races were amazingly fun. Never had that much fun in MP.

I played a lot ME3 multiplayer (700h) and Destiny 1 and Titanfall 1, but Blur will be always my all-time favorite MP

Crazy to see the amount of hours some people has spent on non-MMORPG games ^^

lumzi23

I have something like 399 in Guild Wars 2 since launch. I possibly played more or Rainbow Six Vegas and Gears of War in my limited time with it.

I stopped playing Blur (360) when I saw the in-game stats showing 7 weeks. It became an addiction. Those 20/10 people races were amazingly fun. Never had that much fun in MP.

I so miss that game. Between the beta, the demo and the full game I played tons, I think at one point I was top 10 global and had over 50% wins (with 10-20 car short races it's pretty tough). Surprised no one else tried the "Call Of Duty with cars" approach the game had with its loadouts, XP, perks, medals and so on. Also why the hell did it need to release together with Split/Second, they cannibalized each other's sales and despite getting solid reviews none received a well deserved sequel. Sad.

Wiped89

Pokemon Sapphire: 1,500 hours. All other Pokemon games 100-580 hours.

150 hours: Mario Kart 8
100+: Burnout Paradise, Wipeout HD, Wipeout Fusion, Gran Turismo 4, Forza Horizon 3

ViciousDS

Banned
Easily guild wars.......months before the 2nd one came out I had checked my age in game. I had over 15k hours clocked......

yes.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Greedings

I don't even want to know how many hours I put into WoW. Hundreds of days.

All other games pale in comparison to that.

Pokémon Crystal had me playing well into the 300 hours. I just can't remember for sure, it's been too long.

Three playthroughs of Dragon Age: Inquisition; the first took me 140 hours, the second playthrough took 80 hours and the third 60 hours.

Also, Magic 2014, about 250 hours. Played a lot of the multiplayer mode with a friend.

I probably spent over 120 hours on The Witcher 3 as well.

13yrs of World of WarCraft

Prior to that was 5.5yrs of EverQuest 1

Some perspective:

I was 29 when WoW launched. I am 42 now. If I play another 13yrs, I’ll be 55.

EQ1 launched in 1999. I was 24yrs old and played until I was 29.

Team Fortress Classic - I played from 1999 until late 2004. I spent several years playing in leagues. My normal day during part of this was go to college, come home before wife got off work, hangout in IRC, play some TFC, hang out with wife until she went to bed, and play some more TFC while she slept.

This was before Steam so no hour count. Steam did come along later. I remember being in the Steam beta and staying up late one night to get a low Steam number (I ended up with something like a 6 thousand Steam ID).

Over the past 6+ years I've fought nearly 60,000 battles in World of Tanks. At an average of maybe 6 minutes per battle, that's 360,000 minutes, or 6,000 hours, or 250 full days worth of time played... and that doesn't include time on the forums, time doing management and garage-keeping tasks, time playing the little extra games they throw out from time to time like Chaffee racing or T-62 soccer or 8-bit Karl...

still, for all it's faults I love the game... still reminds me of playing with Airfix 1/72 scale tank models in the park with friends when I was a kid...

Ensoul

Arcade it has to be the street fighter games. Consoles has to be black ops for the xbox. I must have 500 hours online with that game.

xviper

those who play a certain game for like 2k+ hours, do you play any other game or just the same one for like a year or so ?

phant0m

My all-time high on Steam is GTA IV at 104 hours, with Bad Company 2 in 2nd with around 90 hours.

Is there a way to check play time in D3 ?

A lot of the hours were pre Steam logging days, but it's probably Counter Strike Source, because I remember playing zombie and glass modes on and off for several years.

Recently? Easy, Mario Kart 8 (when I take WiiU and Deluxe together, it's somewhere around 300 hours of gameplay, local multiplayer amounts to a lot of that) and Zelda BotW (around 160 hours now).

In the past... In the 90s I would play and replay RPGs such as Baldur's Gate several times.

In general, it might be possible that I've played Metal Slug X and 3 quite a lot, as well as Last Blade 1/2 and Real Bout Special/2. Those are still regular "go-to" games for me on several systems. But not sure about "most hours", probably more something like "gets played most consistentely" as I have no option of calculating this over 15-20 years of gaming time :D

World of Warcraft. My in-game time is counted in days. Hundreds of days. I'm not proud of it, but what is done is done. I quit the game in 2009 or so and I'm unlikely to return to MMO games any time soon.

SJRB

Gold Member
Assassin's Creed II.

I've spent God knows how many hours running around on Venice rooftops. What an amazing game.

Probably RuneScape or counterstrike, tbh. They dominated the early teens when I had basically unlimited time to play games and no money to spice up my library.

Aiustis

Tetris. The Gameboy version. I started playing that game when I was very young, like 2 or 3; I stopped playing it when I got a GBA when I was 15. I could play Tetris all day every day.
Sims 3. Don't know the exact amount but probably around 10,000.

void666

Banned
Destiny 1 - 1875 hours
Battlefield 3 - 600+ hours
Fallout 4 - 500+ despite it being a mediocre piece of crap
Bad Company 2 - 300+ hours
Destiny 2 - 266 hours

Everything else is under 100 hours

Cepheus

Either TF2 (800 ish hours), Brawl or 3rd Strike. I have no idea how long I spent on the latter two but I played them religiously for years so yeah.

I know someone who has put about 6-7000 hours into Dota 2. That's almost a solid year.

those who play a certain game for like 2k+ hours, do you play any other game or just the same one for like a year or so ?

For me, I always either a) go back to the game with a ton of hours in it or b) just play it straight and sort of put everything else on the backburner. As a kid, it was much easier to play just one thing constantly, since I didn't have a ton of money to get new games.

Em3112

Neo Member
Counterstrike 1.1 till 1.6

Easy to learn, hard to master. Damn, what an addiction that was.
Watching demo's of the pro's, doing training sessions against bots to increase my aim.
I did not even bother with other games for 3 or 4 years, especially shooters because they would mess up my aim at CS.

CS source and CS go don't give me that old feeling anymore. Something is just off in the gameplay.

Must have played it for thousands of hours...

Without doubt The Witcher 3 + expansions.

I don't usually spend a lot of time on games but it was so easy and such a pleasure to sink almost 300 hours into it. The expansions are a dream to play as well.

I spent close to 200 hours in MGSV (though there was a lot of frustrating grinding in that).

I think Black Ops 3 is my most time-consumed multiplayer game.

Top Bottom