• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Giant Beastcast - Episode 62

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
OIX7atg.png

2873566-8405809501-Pilot.JPG

From Pokémon to more NX rumors, Nintendo is the talk of the town this week. We've also got our impressions of Headlander, Quadrilateral Cowboy, and We Happy Few as well the worst phrase ever uttered to another human.

1h 34m

DRgF8Dx.png

Site url
Download

JordanKZ

I got kind of used to the larger Beastcasts, these short ones feel like a bit of a weekly disappointment now. Which is a really odd thing to say.

daveo42

Banned
it's funny because the original intention of the Beastcast was to have a shorter podcast, but then it sprawled out to 2.5 hours.

Those were some of the best beastcasts tho. They need a 4th if they want to bring back the longer casts.

Mupod

damn it's gonna be weird if Vinny overtakes me in Zero Time Dilemma.

I wonder if he's curious about checking out the real version of 999 now that he's seen the puzzle format the games use.

Jeffrey

Yeah the lack of Austin still hurts because his interests are vast, and he brings a lot of topics onto the product.

Love the folks, but the cast's perspective on the gaming landscape is pretty limited, even compare to bombcast, which has crazy Gerstmann and with the Bombcast recording on tuesday, the amount of repeat discussion over same games and news is gonna grow.

Going to be curious what their long term plans are.

Yeah the lack of Austin still hurts because his interests are vast, and he brings a lot of topics onto the product.

Love the folks, but the cast's perspective on the gaming landscape is pretty limited, even compare to bombcast, which has crazy Gerstmann and with the Bombcast recording on tuesday, the amount of repeat discussion over same games and news is gonna grow.

The podcasts are still ok because Jeff adds another personality to the mix, but the video content has really suffered without Austin.

Mr. F

Banned

Yeah, I hope they bring someone that shared Austin's tendency to highlight some deeper/niche stories that get less attention elsewhere. Really helped the shows stand apart.

Khezu

I wasn't Austins biggest fan, but even I'm missing him.

They need a 4th sooner then later.
Especially because Alex is like a non person and barely counts.

J_Viper

I made the mistake of taking a sip of water during Vinny's Lee Petty song and I nearly choked to death

You guys are outta your minds. These guys haven't missed a beat since Austin left

Jintor

balance still seems off. they need a news dog.

i've actually been listening to the entire run of the gbeastcast again (not always taking time notes unfortunately) and it's really apparent to what extent the 'fact' section of the podcast revolved around austin putting in work and them being able to riff off that factual basis. Not to say that jeff, vinny or alex don't read up but they don't go in on things the way austin did.

I made the mistake of taking a sip of water during Vinny's Lee Petty song and I nearly choked to death

You guys are outta your minds. These guys haven't missed a beat since Austin left

seems to me theyve mostly devolved into gimmicks and goofy voices while spending about 2 minutes on each news story

The Big Indie thing comes from two things:

1. it's filling in for...well, the lack of lineup of Big Tent Full MSRP Games that so captivated in the last generation. They're getting that trade show stage time.

2. People filing into this hype (No Man Sky, Rime, Cuphead) are walking into rather specific games here. These ain't All-Games For All People. They must be met halfway. They have a budget.

For Urinal Guy im going with "mad comedic genius" with no sense of others.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
seems to me theyve mostly devolved into gimmicks and goofy voices while spending about 2 minutes on each news story

I agree. Vinny especially seems like a parody of himself lately. My opinion of course.

sanhora

Never thought I'd say this about a podcast with Vinny in it but the past few weeks have been brutally boring at times. They need someone who plays a lot of games to fill the Austin role asap. Also if Vinny is spending over 20 hours on a game like VLR it'd be nice to hear him talk about it for more than 2 or 3 minutes.

I like Alex, I think he's funny and I really value hearing what he has to say, but the amount of 'uuhhhhhhh' in this week's show was almost unbearable. I know it's a difficult habit to get out of, but oof magoof

FluxWaveZ

Never thought I'd say this about a podcast with Vinny in it but the past few weeks have been brutally boring at times. They need someone who plays a lot of games to fill the Austin role asap. Also if Vinny is spending over 20 hours on a game like VLR it'd be nice to hear him talk about it for more than 2 or 3 minutes.

The problem is neither Alex nor Jeff seem like the kind of people who would care to hear about a game like VLR. I think that's probably why Vinny hasn't bothered to bore them with in-depth opinions on either 999 or VLR.

Top Bottom