• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Good Place S2 |OT| Well, Fork Me - Thursdays 8:30/7:30c

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So I just started watching Season 1 last night on Netflix on a whim, and finished it today, only to find out Season 2 starts tonight?

Talk about good timing!

Dice//

Banned
So I just started watching Season 1 last night on Netflix on a whim, and finished it today, only to find out Season 2 starts tonight?

Talk about good timing!

ME TOO.
*hi five

Heard about the fancy twist ending the season had and got curious (plus Michael Schur stuff hasn't let me down yet). To my surprise, yeah wow that twist indeed delivered on an otherwise very saccharine show and really change things up.

Geist-

I'm glad to see they didn't fork it up after that amazing finale. This episode is really damn good.

Edit:fork

TripOpt55

I loved the premiere. Seeing the behind the scenes stuff with all the bad place people was hysterical. I forget the exact line but the bit about the penis flattener cracked me up. Just them casually mentioning all these horrible torture methods is always gold. Can't wait to see where this season goes.

Kas

I actually left work just a touch early to get home to watch it, and it was well worth it.

I loved how all of it just went to shit all at once. Especially Jason, oh my god.

Seesaw15

I wonder if there's gonna be a thread about all the short guy shaming lol.

Good start to the season. Didn't realize how much I missed all these characters.

aparisi2274

I laughed the hardest when Elenor said Janet's name when she was talking to Chidi and Janet scared the hell out of her, and she said "Ahhh, get the fork outta here!"

PK Gaming

The real Bad Place is having to wait a week for this show to come back, because jesus christ that season premier was fire.

I want to see more of Tiya "Ferrari" Sircar's character. Master of None fucked up badly by making her a one-off.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I'm loving the scenes with Real Eleanor

dLMN8R

Oh man I love that these first two episodes sped through what I was worried the entire season would spend doing.

W-00

So, bets on "Real Eleanor"/Denise being the one to throw the wrench in Michael's plans this time around?

It probably won't just be her. There's a very strong chance that Janet will play a part in it as well. It takes a few days for Janet to reboot, and the last part of the episode takes place the next day, so there wasn't time for Michael to kill her again. She should still have her memories of that day, and Jason hugging her and proclaiming her his friend. And she might mention the note to Eleanor, which might make Eleanor ask for a copy of the note.

MartyStu

At this point, I am not sure if it is not the demons being tortured, and this entire thing is a human rehabilitation experiment.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
At this point, I am not sure if it is not the demons being tortured, and this entire thing is a human rehabilitation experiment.

They certainly need a big twist on that level if they want to top S1's ending.

And so far, the writing has given me no indication that they won't.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Hm...so Mindy/the Middle Place wasn't a part of Michael's plan, right? That's actually a place that legitimately exists, right? I wonder if that'll come into play again.

Season premiere did a great job in resetting the stakes of Michael's plan.

Seeing the demon perspective was great with gym guy, biting demon, and Denise getting frustrated in her new role.

Also really weird seeing Tahani in regular clothes.

Jason's genuine affection for Janet is actually sweet to see.

JettDash

Hm...so Mindy/the Middle Place wasn't a part of Michael's plan, right? That's actually a place that legitimately exists, right? I wonder if that'll come into play again.

Nope. Janet told them about that and took them there and she isn't part of his plan.

Top Bottom