• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The greatest scene in a cartoon history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AAK

Katara played a key role in making that fight scene legendary. Watching Azula break down when she realized that all the power in the world won't bring her friends back was hard to swallow. She was alone, her father didn't care about her and Azula even believed that her Mother considered her a monster. The flaming terror that stalked team Avatar was reduced to a mere match.

brilliant stuff

You should spoiler it. I agree it was definitely brilliant.
But that still doesn't give Katara any reason to interfere, that was Zuko and Azula's fight. And when she interfered it ended up screwing Zuko over.
Hence why that scene is overshadowed by the true Final Battle, which was an awe-inducing spectacle from the start to finish.

Pimpwerx

sJ2g2.png

March to Arlong Park

Ooh, I loved the march to Arlong Park. That was pretty awesome.

However, my favorite moments are probably:

Luffy punching the Celestial Dragon at the auction house

Dark King Rayleigh's grand entrance, saving Zoro from Kizaru

Naruto going sickhouse on Sasuke at the End Valley

Sasuke fighting Orochimaru during the chuunin exam

Asimov using the red eye on some henchmen

That is actually the scene my avatar come from.

Spike Spiegel fighting Vicious in Ballad of Fallen Angels

No scene had a better song than that, but my favorite is probably

Rock Lee removing his weights against Gaara

That was probably my biggest mark-out moment during any cartoon/anime. PEACE.

Pimpwerx

Oh yeah, I forgot Jubei vs Tessai in Ninja Scroll. One of my favorite movie scenes.

Also, fuck those idiots that think putting anime scenes to music is a good idea. Just about every uploader out there thinks Linkin Park is some uber-cool soundtrack for every great anime action scene. No...it's not. It just makes you look like a tool, and makes the clips unwatchable. I can't be the only person that despises this. Most scenes either have awesome sound effects or great music already. The Sasuke vs Orochimaru and Ballad of Fallen Angels scenes are prime examples of that. I had to search long and hard to find links that weren't butchered by Linkin Park or some other crappy emo music. PEACE.

Hindle

Banned
The final showdown between Zuko and Azula in Avatar, the music is incredible.

For Cowboy Bebop I'd go when ED leaves the crew, and he leaves a goodbye in the sand, it's the one scene that rarely gets mentioned.

My favourites have always been the moment when they unleash the monster mouse in "an american tail"

minsk.jpg

And the standoff in Fievel goes West

MV5BMjE3NDMwMjA4Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjQ2NDgwMw%40%40._V1._SX640_SY419_.jpg

(couldnt find a better picture)

I dont if "who framed Roger Rabbit" counts, but the scene where Judge Doom reveals himself to be a cartoon blew my mind back in the day.

Jd.jpg
tumblr_lrsyh0YH651qjb2cw.jpg

fantasia10.jpg

The Devil in Fantasia.

Great choice!

X-men.jpg

Hands down, the best arc in cartoons ever was the appearance of the Phoenix in the 90's X-Men cartoon.

God, I'm trying to remember the show that ran around the same time as Xmen. In this show, they series built up to when they fired this planetary weapon called the Graft Cannon. I remember it sending a chill down my spine and blood draining from my face leaving me filling this sense of epicness that was practically tangible. God I wish I remembered the name. It felt like a mature show back then since characters died and there was even romance.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
bugs-slap.jpg

My all-time favorite.

probably mine, too. my complete favorite moment is when the bull swallows the gun, is traumatized, but slowly realizes he can shoot bullets when he smacks his tail on the ground. watch the slow grin as it spreads across his face and his eyes look to the left mischievously. the character of that bull is astounding. but i love all the LOONEY TUNES mentions, as well as the DEXTER'S LAB mention, and several others.

i don't think this has been mentioned yet, but are there any fans of "BOOK REVUE", the old looney tunes one-shot that used lots of puns on classic lit and books coming to life? it features one of the best daffy duck performances in any of his cartoons, if you're into him (if you're not, die).

watch it now!

5OLYT.jpg

iGMn6.gif

RC

Banned
God, I'm trying to remember the show that ran around the same time as Xmen. In this show, they series built up to when they fired this planetary weapon called the Graft Cannon. I remember it sending a chill down my spine and blood draining from my face leaving me filling this sense of epicness that was practically tangible. God I wish I remembered the name. It felt like a mature show back then since characters died and there was even romance.

Exosquad.

It dealt with war with a sense of maturity rarely ever seen in the animated form.

serfr

Neo Member
Great thread.. My fav is when Stimpy has Ren inside his mouth and is forced to chew him (sorry cant post video)

Vyroxis

Banned
What's Opera Doc and the one cartoon involving the squirrel and the coconut were both pure genius. They just don't make cartoons like that anymore.

Everyone's covered some real good shit here. :)

This one though is my personal best since I always catch genuine feelings. ;__;

UrWGQ.png

G Gundam - Domon vs Master Asia Final Fight

For all the corniness that G Gundam has, this particular episode and the one before it ended two of the main conflicts spectacularly and in such a dramatic but gripping fashion, while giving a great nod to Fist of the North Star at the end.

zlatko

Banned

As good as that scene from One Piece is, the part where everyone is looking over at Robin across the way and she is telling them to go away and she hates them, then Luffy orders the flag to be shot and burned. The second Robin bursts out into tears saying she wants to live chokes me up every damn time!

My favorite cartoon scene is from Full Metal Alchemist when that doctor transmutates his daughter with his dog. That whole episode is just all sorts of fucked up. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom