• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Guardian: The Last Guardian will be at E3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been so long waiting I can't get excited with yet another rumour. I'll only believe it when I see it.

And then I'll probably faint and die from the excitement.

He won't be back at Sony.

He'll crawl on to the stage and murmur in to the mic "It's... finished" then commit Su-Doku.

<3

Skux

One week later...

Ph0u7DZ.gif

Mononoke

Banned
I want the conference to cold open with a TLG trailer and release date. That would make brains explode.

Still think the opener will be Blops III or UC4. TLG will be the closer. Or UC4 will close with TLG being one last final surprise.

I kind of feel like Sony likes those finale/encore type of surprises, and TLG would be the best way to end the entire thing. Any missteps in the show (in terms of pacing, or it being boring in spots) would also be forgotten, as all the focus would be on TLG and what an epic way they announced it. Also, waiting till the end will keep everyone on the edge of their seats and will even convince some it was never going to happen.

Then BAM! GAF is down. The Internet loses it's damn mind. TLG is real, and it's coming out on PS4.

Fade to black. The show is over.

todd360

Imagine the hype of not pulling the expected end of show card. Instead shu starts by saying we kept you waiting long enough. Bam last guardian. People go crazy. Even if we expect it this e3, We wouldn't expect it to go first.

Crap someone else already wrote this idea. Carry on

Here's how I see this going down, in my dreams

Shu Yoshida comes out on stage. There's already a murmur in the crowd and excitement in the air. " I am incredibly excited to announce this next game, but I will have someone else do it, as this has been a long time coming ". Suddenly curtains open behind the stage and there is a giant orchestra. Otani is at the helm and begins to play some of his epic tunes. You see a short video of Ico playing , morphing into a short video of Shadow of the Colossus and then the lights go out and the Prelude song begins to play. Ueda steps out on stage to introduce The Last Guardian. Otani plays a new song from the soundtrack of the game and we are treated to a nice long 8-10 minute epic trailer. Crowd goes berserk. GAF goes down. Internet dies and there's nothing but the griffins face wherever you go.

Then Shu comes out on stage to shake hands with Ueda and then goes, " oh and one more thing guys "

Suddenly you see Sakaguchi come out on stage

No one knows what happens next because there is no internet anymore.

Imagine the hype of not pulling the expected end of show card. Instead shu starts by saying we kept you waiting long enough. Bam last guardian. People go crazy. Even if we expect it this e3, We wouldn't expect it to go first.

Crap someone else already wrote this idea. Carry on
I feel like that's not a good idea. All the excitement would used up at the beginning and so much of the conference would pale in comparison when inducing excitement. If you save it for the end then everyone walks away from the conference on a high note.

Not that there aren't other games to leave on a high note with. Just nothing that would inflict as much hype IMO.

todd360

I feel like that's not a good idea. All the excitement would used up at the beginning and so much of the conference would pale in comparison when inducing excitement. If you save it for the end then everyone walks away from the conference on a high note.

You end with persona 5. The hypest hype.

Mononoke

Banned

Yeah and like I said, waiting till the end will erase all the bad moments in the show prior. Opening with it will just make evrything after not as exciting and will make the missteps feel even worse.

And while I agree that the "end of the show surprise" is cliche and expected, I feel like TLG is in everyone's mind, so unlikely to happen (due to all the delays), that it would blow everyone's minds.

You end with persona 5. The hypest hype.

Persona 5 is the most hyped I've ever been for any game. Persona 4 is my favorite game of all time. Persons is my favorite series. It's really, the one thing I care the most about at E3....

But could it really close the entire show? TLG might not be a mainstream seller, but it has a massive legacy and so much hype that it would make sense to do it as a crowd pleaser and its pretty much a guarantee to work finale.

I know for me, Persona 5 would be the best thing ever to open or close the show.

I watched the trailer again just now. Does anyone feel like the Griffin is still one of the most beautifully rendered creatures ever in a video game? Seeing every feather move individually just completely mesmerized me lol If (When) this game ever comes out I will play the SHIT out of it!

janoDX

If TLG appears on Sony's conference I will make the Hylian Shield tattoo I wanted to do during July. Yes, it makes no sense, yes, It's nintendo, but I've been debating this and I want to decide to do it now or later.

Play some Ico
Play some SOTC
think about the kid dying
think about the Cat dying

Now you no longer need to play Last Guardian, move on with your life.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
The longer the thread, the angrier the reaction when it's not shown on Monday.

Oh it will... You'll see... The screams from the E3 crowd will be glorious and go down in history.

We only need to fear that it might look different than before and not in a good way. But I'm not too worried on that^^

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Another year, another rumor that this horribly managed product is actually a thing that exists. have you all learned nothing

Shu Yoshida comes out on stage. There's already a murmur in the crowd and excitement in the air. " I am incredibly excited to announce this next game, but I will have someone else do it, as this has been a long time coming ". Suddenly curtains open behind the stage and there is a giant orchestra. Otani is at the helm and begins to play some of his epic tunes. You see a short video of Ico playing , morphing into a short video of Shadow of the Colossus and then the lights go out and the Prelude song begins to play. Ueda steps out on stage to introduce The Last Guardian. Otani plays a new song from the soundtrack of the game and we are treated to a nice long 8-10 minute epic trailer. Crowd goes berserk. GAF goes down. Internet dies and there's nothing but the griffins face wherever you go.

Then Shu comes out on stage to shake hands with Ueda and then goes, " oh and one more thing guys "

Hahahaha, brilliant!

My brain can't even comprehend that kind of awesomeness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom