• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Guardian: The Last Guardian will be at E3

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotLiquid

Eurogamer

itshappening.gif

Honestly this article just tells me that this is another year where TLG rumors are prevalent. They even point out that this is something they hear every year.

Not that I'm denying that there's more "credibility" with most of the talk as of late but I don't think this sentence is the reason why.

crimilde

Banned
Honestly this article just tells me that this is another year where TLG rumors are prevalent. They even point out that this is something they hear every year.

Not that I'm denying that there's more "credibility" with most of the talk as of late but I don't think this sentence is the reason why.

Yeah, but these rumours have been shot down by Sony in previous years. We heard nothing so far so that's also keeping people's hopes up.

NotLiquid

Yeah, but these rumours have been shot down by Sony in previous years. We heard nothing so far so that's also keeping people's hopes up.

Have they? I don't remember them debunking rumors about E3 appearances - only debunking rumors that the game is cancelled. I think the closest thing I recall is Geoff tweeting some year ago about interviewing Sony about TLG which at least implied that it wouldn't show up.

crimilde

Banned
Have they? I don't remember them debunking rumors about E3 appearances - only debunking rumors that the game is cancelled. I think the closest thing I recall is Geoff tweeting some year ago about interviewing Sony about TLG which at least implied that it wouldn't show up.

I might be remembering it wrongly. Now I'm not so sure anymore haha. Anyone?

Well that would be some positive Sony news at E3. Hope its true as E3 has been looking really barren for them.

Quasar pls, seeing as you're from the future, tell me how Horizon looks.

Are dino bots as cool as I think they are?

Eurogamer

itshappening.gif

Hmmm.

Well even with the rumblings that the game is in development, I'm not sure its a lock for an E3 unveiling.

I want to believe but at the back of my mind I feel like TLG is more of a PSX 2015 showcase

N30RYU

PnmlEfO.jpg

Its like the story of the boy that cried wolf at this point. I used to be excited about The Last Guardian, but then I just stopped believing or caring about anything related to it like, 5 years ago. I'll be excited when its actually released but until then any news about it is pretty much falling on deaf ears.

cheesekao

Well it seems like it to me in terms of 1st Party titles for this Christmas. Not that any theoretical Last Guardian would be that, even if its real.
You said that Sony's E3 seems barren(something which nobody but Sony and co knows), not their holiday first party lineup.

Auctopus

Not that I'm not looking forward to it but it's funny how to some people this announcement represents Sony winning E3.

It's like, if you want to win E3, make plans 5 years prior and make a game announcement before never talking about it again, re-revealing and having the megaton to drop 5 years later.

It's like, if you want to win E3, make plans 5 years prior and make a game announcement before never talking about it again, re-revealing and having the megaton to drop 5 years later.

The early beta footage got leaked in May 2009 and Sony felt forced to announce the project earlier than expected at E3 2009. It wasn't their original plan to announce it then.

That doesn't totally excuse the long delay, though.

Even Ico and SoC wouldn't have justified this kind of religious anticipation. Even if a surprise E3 launch occurred, I doubt it would even come close to meeting the fan expectations.

Well it seems like it to me in terms of 1st Party titles for this Christmas. Not that any theoretical Last Guardian would be that, even if its real.

But... they haven't even had their E3 yet. We have no idea what they might be announcing. Of course it's going to look barren beforehand when we've had barely any real leaks this year.

Even Ico and SoC wouldn't have justified this kind of religious anticipation. Even if a surprise E3 launch occurred, I doubt it would even come close to meeting the fan expectations.

That's because they established itself when the developers are still relatively unknown. No fanbase simply grew out of non-existent entities. Were there great anticipation for COD before COD was even created?

NotLiquid

they came out and squashed the cancelled story from IGN last year

That's different. That kind of rumor gives them bad press going into a conference, especially since the game ended up not being shown. When it comes to actual "will this thing be shown" rumors they never really confirm or deny. They might make a "you'll totally want to see this conference" kind of post to hype it up but that doesn't really say much and they did the same last year to my recollection. Hell I remember people thinking TLG or at least equivalent megatons was a lock because of them adopting the theater approach last year.

Danielsan

I'm keeping my expectations in line. I've been burned year after year and who knows what the game may look like at this point after its troubled history. That said, this news is making me reevaluate my decision to skip live watching the Sony conference in favor of getting some decent sleep (European and I need to get up at 6:30 for work).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom