• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Gundam |OT2| Another 5 years of Gunpla, Origins, and GUNDAMUUUU!

Shun

Can't wait to see. I actually really wanted the Rouge but local stores don't have it, so gonna order when I have time.

Free Comic Book DAy though, the comic shop had a sale so I bought the Strike anyways since it was a good deal.

It should come in really soon. It's part of Bandai's May Restocks so it will be readily available at the end of the month for orders.

Acid08

Banned
Is there an English list of that restock? :p

I'm looking for the MG Qubeley, MG Gouf Custom, MG Ez8, and HG GM Thunderbolt.

Shun

Is there an English list of that restock? :p

I'm looking for the MG Qubeley, MG Gouf Custom, MG Ez8, and HG GM Thunderbolt.

MG Gouf Custom get 3000 units due May 22.

Qubeley (1500) and Ez8 (1600) get HG restocks, no MG for this month. The MG Qubeley from 2001? Look around that shows up as in stock, EZ8 isn't. Both are MGs from 2000.

GM Thunderbolt has no restock but other GM units do. I believe GM Thunderbolt is still in stock at a lot of retailers.

Have you built an MG Kampfer? Someone is offering me one for an RG Destiny. Thinking about it to see if it's worth it.

Sora_N

It should come in really soon. It's part of Bandai's May Restocks so it will be readily available at the end of the month for orders.

Is that how it works? I guess that's what that dude meant when he told me he couldn't order GX.

I'll give them a call sometime this week to see.

Yeah, was asking since my Strike Rouge is coming in a couple weeks. I'll let you know how that turns out.

Will do updates on that once I go through my giant backlog of kits. Me having to wait until I can paint delays me from updating and finishing my current builds.

The heck is happening to this thread that we will seemingly have 3 Rouges' only 10 pages in haha.

Waiting til after E3 before I buy my next kit(s) though. Trying to hold off and decide between a PS4 or a Wii U, and if neither blows me away drown my sorrows in gundams.

NEO0MJ

Current progress on the Byarlant so far.

17345232586_bcb7688841_o.jpg

It's more complex than other HGs that I built. Sanding it as I go along. I should combine parts before sanding to save time, plus it helps make the parts more even looking. Now to work on the limbs and back-jets. I want to finish this so I can work on the Z Knight.

Best option is to do what I do, poverty tier. Cardboard box + Newspaper. Adding in a tube for ventilation is optional depending on the paints you use. Mask and gloves are recommended.

I guess I can do this, would be easier than building a vent system of my own.

Beth Cyra

The heck is happening to this thread that we will seemingly have 3 Rouges' only 10 pages in haha.

Waiting til after E3 before I buy my next kit(s) though. Trying to hold off and decide between a PS4 or a Wii U, and if neither blows me away drown my sorrows in gundams.
Well the Stike RM is amazing and the rouge improves it. Best articulation over seen out of the legs as far as strength and holding a pose.

Sora_N

Some minor updates for Strike RM, done building the main weapons, probably no time to start the aile striker pack tonight..

The side skirts are a pain in the ass, always fall off.

The clear piece for the scope for the rifle is weird, it doesn't really lock in...and the sticker is total ass. I might just rip it off and leave it or dab some random metallic blue paint over it...the sticker is awful.

The shield is great but the connection is fiddly, until you lock it in, fucking amazing after that!

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
I love your willingness to mess around with bootlegs and resin kits.

Funny thing is I really want to buy and build some amazing quality build like Sazabi and Nu, but I keep getting side tracked.

Rouges is amazing, don't let the pink stop you. It has a plane backpack, missiles, laser, 2 daggers, rail guns, and a huge sword. The problem is coming up with a color scheme so it doesn't look errr pink, but don't want it to look like strike either.

Beth Cyra

Funny thing is I really want to buy and build some amazing quality build like Sazabi and Nu, but I keep getting side tracked.

Rouges is amazing, don't let the pink stop you. It has a plane backpack, missiles, laser, 2 daggers, rail guns, and a huge sword. The problem is coming up with a color scheme so it doesn't look errr pink, but don't want it to look like strike either.

Don't agree with this at all. The pink is nice, and while you can say its bad that a Girl has a Pink Gundam, alot of Women do enjoy the color pink and I think the shades they use really, really complement the design well.

Plus Pink is where it's at, the best Zeta is Pink Amuro White Unicorn Zeta.

Sora_N

While forgiving my horrible photos, someone please tell me why this MG is so amazing.

I didn't build the stand yet, might not...no space for that yet!

Decided to build it cuz I wanted to see how it looked..lol

While forgiving my horrible photos, someone please tell me why this MG is so amazing.

I didn't build the stand yet, might not...no space for that yet!

Decided to build it cuz I wanted to see how it looked..lol

Aile Strike is quickly becoming my favorite gundam. It is the closes to what I would call 'perfection.' Doesn't do anything too much or too little.

LIke, I love Nu Gundam, but it is pretty radical. The way I see it, Modern Strike beats 80's Nu, but Ver Ka Nu beats Modern Strike.

Beth Cyra

I had an itch to buy some new plastic.

The Zaku is going to the top of the next to build pile.

This might be my most shallow complaint when it comes to Gundam ever, but damn I hate the Origin Logo. The art on the Zaku Box is seriously bad to me.

Model Updates.

Finished Delta Gundam Kai. The Delta line is so damn beautiful and each suit feels like its own unlike the Unicorn line of suits.

Cant wait for Shiki 2.0 to get here. I want to comapre the whole line going from Delta Gundam all the way to Mega Shiki.

Beth Cyra

With the announcement of MB Turn A I decided to build the 1/144 NG Gold Sumo.

Goddess that awful yellow is so bad and tacky. Still it is a great way to show how far we've come and I'm happy to pose it on my shelf.

Acid08

Banned
With the announcement of MB Turn A I decided to build the 1/144 NG Gold Sumo.

Goddess that awful yellow is so bad and tacky. Still it is a great way to show how far we've come and I'm happy to pose it on my shelf.

Still want to get the 1/100 of that one. Turn A display needs MB Turn A, Sumo, and Turn X.

Also decided I should finally get an RX-78-2. MG 3.0 is what I decided on.

Beth Cyra

Still want to get the 1/100 of that one. Turn A display needs MB Turn A, Sumo, and Turn X.

Also decided I should finally get an RX-78-2. MG 3.0 is what I decided on.
Great choice. Though I'd you want that og a nime look the 2.0 is actually better.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
How well does Ka hold up? The 3.0 is so expensive.

It is for a reason, it is one of the best engineer design for a master grade. It is not 3.0 in name only, it is really the next generation of master grade. There are so many mechanical parts for the skeleton, you felt like you are building a real robot.

Beth Cyra

It is for a reason, it is one of the best engineer design for a master grade. It is not 3.0 in name only, it is really the next generation of master grade. There are so many mechanical parts for the skeleton, you felt like you are building a real robot.
I'm not going to say this is flat wrong, but I really couldn't disagree with this more.

MG 3.0'is one of the most unneeded MGs we have and while it is a nice build I don't think it stands up to either Nu or Sazabi ver ka and the design really feels like a enlarged RG 78-2.

Wubby

Speaking of 3.0 the Shizuoka Hobby Show (where the 3.0 was unveiled two years ago) is going to begin next week!! Excited!! Show starts on Thursday for press so we'll hear about new announcements then. I'll be there on Sunday.

There has to be some good stuff announced next week... Bandai has been pretty quiet and we have no announcements past July. Next RG and MG are high probabilities. I'm curious to see what else will be coming to the HGBF line and what will be the next kits in the 'revive' line. A MG Origin Zaku II or G-Self would be tempting as well... Also want to see what's coming to their Star Wars line.

What are you guys hoping for?

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
I'm not going to say this is flat wrong, but I really couldn't disagree with this more.

MG 3.0'is one of the most unneeded MGs we have and while it is a nice build I don't think it stands up to either Nu or Sazabi ver ka and the design really feels like a enlarged RG 78-2.

I do agree Sazabi and Nu looks better, but MG RX-78-2 3.0 is limited by its original design. I really don't mind it looking for enlarge RG, I personally like RG realistic design a lot more, but it is just too small for my liking. Bandai could had introduce the next-gen with another kit, but I think by now it is a tradition to have 78-2 being the first kit of every generation.

Plus having RX-78-2 3.0 mean there is a chance we'll get a Zaku II 3.0. I would really hate for those 2 classic to get outdated.

Beth Cyra

Speaking of 3.0 the Shizuoka Hobby Show (where the 3.0 was unveiled two years ago) is going to begin next week!! Excited!! Show starts on Thursday for press so we'll hear about new announcements then. I'll be there on Sunday.

There has to be some good stuff announced next week... Bandai has been pretty quiet and we have no announcements past July. Next RG and MG are high probabilities. I'm curious to see what else will be coming to the HGBF line and what will be the next kits in the 'revive' line. A MG Origin Zaku II or G-Self would be tempting as well... Also want to see what's coming to their Star Wars line.

As far as announcements?

Things I see possibly happening are

MG 78-3 P Bandai
RG Wing Gundam Ew P Bandai
RG Wing Zero Black Version P Bandai
MG Zaku Origin

What I hope for?

RE Kyshatria
HGAC Wing Gundam Ew
MG ZZ 2.0
MG 2.0 Alex
RG Shining Gundam
MG Nobell
HG Revive Wing Zero Ew

Biggest hope? MG Delta Kai

Shun

MG G-Self Perfect Pack. Please. I'll even take the perfect pack as an add on like with the Build Strike.

MG Akatsuki too.

MG Nobell yes. MG Delta Kai with no transformation issues, hell yes.

MG Kampfer 2.0.

MG/RE100 Ξ Gundam + Hathaway's Flash OVA/Movie by Tomino.

Gundam Nadleeh, Evangelion models, and Tiger Pierce reprints.

rrvv

I am thinking that they going to make complete Build fighter MG line like MG X Maoh, MG Fenice etc. Might as well thrown some Try stuff like Build Burning and Lightning. Oh an dG self

RG wise. not sure. Wing Gundam I guess, Thought I hoping for Dom and Acguy.

RE I dont really care but I guess Athene or Sammahn

Beth Cyra

I am thinking that they going to make complete Build fighter MG line like MG X Maoh, MG Fenice etc. Might as well thrown some Try stuff like Build Burning and Lightning. Oh an dG self

RG wise. not sure. Wing Gundam I guess, Thought I hoping for Dom and Acguy.

RE I dont really care but I guess Athene or Sammahn
The reason I didn't say X Maoh is because it's like they are slowly rolling out the BF MG'S.

Also given they went with Wing F/R instead of Wing F so they could skip and go Cross Maoh.

rrvv

The reason I didn't say X Maoh is because it's like they are slowly rolling out the BF MG'S.

Also given they went with Wing F/R instead of Wing F so they could skip and go Cross Maoh.

Counter argument that I have is that Fenice is slightly harder to make than Rinascita since Asymmetrical design so you have to make more remolding than Rinascita. Thought I have feeling that Bandai somehow troll us and make it P bandai

X maoh can easily used MG X mold that been recently released as opposed to Crossbone Maoh where it have more remold needed old Crossbone kit.

Either way i am pretty sure that there will be BF MG kit announcement next week.

Beth Cyra

Counter argument that I have is that Fenice is slightly harder to make than Rinascita since Asymmetrical design so you have to make more remolding than Rinascita. Thought I have feeling that Bandai somehow troll us and make it P bandai

X maoh can easily used MG X mold that been recently released as opposed to Crossbone Maoh where it have more remold needed old Crossbone kit.

Either way i am pretty sure that there will be BF MG kit announcement next week.
Possible.

Then again WING F was and is very popular and had an actual presence in the show. It'd be super weird to have it P Bandai.

Another reason I can see them going Cross is so you can recreate the Strike at the end.

Wubby

We just got a RG Wing kit so now way will it be another Wing kit (outside a P-Bandai variant). I doubt the next RG will be from 00 either for the same reason. More than likely UC or Seed I would guess. Astray red frame is the likely Seed choice I would bet being its one of the few PG releases not in the RG line yet. If it's a UC kit I doubt it would be Unicorn because they just released the PG kit not long ago. They teased a RG GM/Gouf a while ago so those are probably good bets. I'd love the Gouf personally.

Gundam Reconguista in G Episode 11

Miss Aida needs a better suit or something as its holding fights back.

Bell with that Backpack is pretty amazing, the one move where they blinded the girl then shot was fantastic.

Well that was sad :(
It was obvious after a couple episodes that this show wouldn't have a happy ending. Even though it wasn't all around tragic for eveyrbody, it just feels like the main character was screwed over so badly. I do like the scale of this show though. The emphasis on the Zeon team only being a tiny part in the war machine and the fact it all took place in a single colony really differentiates it from other Gundam shows. I enjoyed watching this and now it's time for Stardust Memory!

Yo, check your local HobbyTownUSA for some neat kits. I have no idea why there are so many new kits at my local store, but it works. There are Silver Bullets, Zeon suits, and other neat junk. Also, the Hi-Mock is $9 there.

I ended up getting a Hyaku Shiki and the V-Rave, but I'll be going back for more. Anything to deal with the mirror gold without messing it up?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Every model should have a Full Vernian version. Bearguy Full Vernian. Master Asia Full Vernian. Ball Full Vernian.

I feel like buying G-Portent or Transient. It's tough call, because I look Portent's colors better but I like Transient's design better.

It's a futile hope, but at the very, very, very top are a bunch of MGs from 0083. 2.0s of the GP01 and GP02, the Gelgoog Marines, Cima's Gelogoog, the Gerbera Tetra, the Dom Tropen.. If I'm lucky, Unit 1 and 2 will both be announced at least. Hoping to hear about some 08th MS Team 2.0s as well. Realistically I'm not holding my breath though.

I expect to see a lot of stuff from Build Fighters, a hint of 00, a dash of Wing, maybe a sprinkling of SEED, all of which are fine, I need to save money ;p. I am looking forward to hearing more from the Origin though, I'm not sure we'll see anything of the RX-78-2 in the HG or MG line, but I would love to be surprised, as I feel that that's the very best interpretation of the original Gundam.

yami4ct

What I think is likely:
MG Zaku Origin
MG G-Self. Atmospheric Pack only. Perfect pack may be announced later (P.Bandai?)
1 new UC RG. Maybe finally the RG Ground Gundam?
Announcement of other Wing EW RGs

What might happen:
MG Zeta Suit to go with Hyaku-Shiki. Qubeley 2.0? Very unlikely, but maybe Zeta 3.0.
Big new RE kit. Maybe Kshatriya. Could also see a Psycho Gundam.
MG Build Fighters Try suits, but a bit late for those.
MG V2 Assault Buster
MG Wing EWs restart
MG Guntank Origin edition. Both Prototype and regular colors. Regular might be P-Bandai
MG Origin RX-78/Guncannon

Long Shots, but maybe:
MG Gundam X series continues. Airmaster/Leopard
G gets a MG Revival series. Gundam Maxter finally gets a MG
MG Destiny Remaster series
RE/MG Xi
A big new Nu/Hi-Nu/Sazabi/PG quality style awesome MG Ver.Ka. Maybe V2 will be this?

What I really want but will almost assuredly not happen:
MG Crossbones 2.0
RG Crossbones
MG Akatsuki
MG G-Self Assault Pack
MG GP-01-GP-03 2.0
MG Turn A Grunt Suits
RG Turn A and Turn X with Moonlight Butterfly wings.

Top Bottom