• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Gundam |OT2| Another 5 years of Gunpla, Origins, and GUNDAMUUUU!

Granted they won't have the line about mobile suits never being created again, but that line was broken months after they came out when they released Preventer 5 and then Turn A Gundam.

I find it funny that they still repeated that line at the beginning of the FT picture drama.

By the way, anyone know if there are MG-sized Drei Zwerg parts that some third party has made? My Wing EW needs them.

YZqmZDj.jpg

EDIT: The other two pages if anyone is interested.

ZmC72vn.jpg

DXOzeeQ.jpg

Beth Cyra

Nothing in 1/100, at least as far as I've seen. At this point it's likely we would only ever see that on a Wing Zero Remaster / 2.0 if it happens.

Wubby

Wish I bought more of those Drei Zwerg HG addons when they were in the bookshop. I only bought two and regret it now. Hope they will see a re-release at some point.

Beth Cyra

Wish I bought more of those Drei Zwerg HG addons when they were in the bookshop. I only bought two and regret it now. Hope they will see a re-release at some point.
I bought two as well and so far haven't even opened them. Still trying to wait out a Revive Wing Gundam EW

Shun

Ah well. RG version it is then.

You could wait for an eventual 1/100 version from a 3rd party like with the Caledbwich for the MG Astray Red Frame to make it into the Red Dragon.

A lot exclusive weapons end up being scaled up by 3rd parties in due time. It's just the build quality isn't always up to standard but they look pretty good for what it's worth.

Also I wish Marida Cruz got the happy ending she deserved. Kshatriya is my favorite monoeye suit too, more so than Kampfer, Sazabi and Sinanju. Fuck Riddhe.

Welp... I officially need a display case... with a big fucking lock on it. Cousin and her kids came to visit, and put their hands on EVERYTHING. Game consoles, games, and worse the gunpla.... Every damn time I say don't touch them, they do it. Everytime they break....

Ugh. Banshee is missing its feet and shield, R-Gyagya missing its gatling gun, Jehuty is missing its blades and a wing... -sigh- decided I don't want kids. EVER FUCK IT.

Wubby

Welp... I officially need a display case... with a big fucking lock on it. Cousin and her kids came to visit, and put their hands on EVERYTHING. Game consoles, games, and worse the gunpla.... Every damn time I say don't touch them, they do it. Everytime they break....

Ugh. Banshee is missing its feet and shield, R-Gyagya missing its gatling gun, Jehuty is missing its blades and a wing... -sigh- decided I don't want kids. EVER FUCK IT.

That sucks! It happens though kids will be kids. Thankfully my nephews and niece didn't really care too much about my models. All they every wanted was my iPad. Kind of amusing I don't mind them messing around with a $600 device but don't want them touching my plastic kits that only cost $15 haha.

Shun

PG Banshee Norn? And it's NOT a P-Bandai exclusive? Holy shit.

Seriously, but the MG version is still exclusive. Bannam why you do this.

Ugh. Banshee is missing its feet and shield, R-Gyagya missing its gatling gun, Jehuty is missing its blades and a wing...

Time to go for that Banshee Repair Riddhe Marcenas Custom? It worked out for duckroll's Exia.

robot-damashii-side-ms-banshee-norn-final-battle-ver-limited-edition.jpg

I hope you find your accessories, I've always been around well mannered children but they'll learn in due time I guess. Bargaining chip against family members?

Hopefully a majority of your belongings are still intact.

yami4ct

Also, calling it now. That PG Banshee will have a LED set like the Unicorn. And the Armed Armor BS and VN will be P-Bandai.

The Unicorn set is actually white LEDs that react to the plastic for the coloring. They just have to change the color of the psychoframe (Which of course they're doing) and the same LED set will work perfectly. Unless they do it for some bigger weird accessory pack, they don't need to release another.

Got Volume 10 of Gundam origins today. I really love the book covers.

When I see them all lined up, I get really proud of my collection. Its like having the volumes of encyclopedias.

Sweet a Gunpla thread, subscribed! I recently just got into Gunpla ever since I randomly started watching the Gundam Build Fighter show on Youtube a few weeks ago. Recently bought a HG 1/144 Hi-Mock and Grimoire this week to get started along with some tools. Their not really impressive compared to all the Gundams and other mobile suits but they seem like good starting points and I actually like their simple Gundam fodder designs lol. Hoping to get a Sinanju in the future whenever I'm good enough because it's design is amazing.

By the way, is Gundam "Reconguista in G" good/enjoyable to watch? The designs from the series look pretty unique in comparison to the usual Gundam designs imo and it kinda got peaked my interest.

Sweet a Gunpla thread, subscribed! I recently just got into Gunpla ever since I randomly started watching the Gundam Build Fighter show on Youtube a few weeks ago. Recently bought a HG 1/144 Hi-Mock and Grimoire this week to get started along with some tools. Their not really impressive compared to all the Gundams and other mobile suits but they seem like good starting points and I actually like their simple Gundam fodder designs lol. Hoping to get a Sinanju in the future whenever I'm good enough because it's design is amazing.

By the way, is Gundam "Reconguista in G" good/enjoyable to watch? The designs from the series look pretty unique in comparison to the usual Gundam designs imo and it kinda got peaked my interest.
Hello, and welcome! You'll hate it here.

Reconguista is... a bit of a mess. While an enjoyable mess due to the designs and the free-spirited characters, the story makes it a bit hard to get into due to how the pacing is constantly changing, character's motives are not always clear, and the world-building aspects are lacking unless you do research on your own.
If it is your first Gundam show apart from Build Fighters, I would say no.
Also, are you watching Build Fighters or Build Fighters Try?

Wubby

They're gonna do a HG G-Self Reflector Pack after all...
It's P-Bandai

ZBq2Tza.jpg

Sweet! I'll have to get this one. Speaking of P-Bandai I forgot to pre-order the recent Mac Knife and Elf Bullock editions they had. Won't lose any sleep on missing those two though haha. Reflector pack for sure I'll get though. And the Perfect pack will be coming soon two... Here's hoping that the Torque Pack will be regular release!

yami4ct

They're gonna do a HG G-Self Reflector Pack after all...
It's P-Bandai

[ig] http://i.imgur.com/ZBq2Tza.jpg[/img]

Now that enough P-Bandai middlemen have popped up for Gundam stuff, this is less of an issue. I still really wish Bandai would open a Premium shop for their stuff for their Western customers. They already tested it a tiny bit with their western Tamashii Webshop.

Got Volume 10 of Gundam origins today. I really love the book covers.

When I see them all lined up, I get really proud of my collection. Its like having the volumes of encyclopedias.

This has been exactly my feeling. They look so good together and seeing them grow has been really fun. It's a super impressive show piece in addition to being my favorite piece of Gundam fiction ever.

Hello, and welcome! You'll hate it here.

Reconguista is... a bit of a mess. While an enjoyable mess due to the designs and the free-spirited characters, the story makes it a bit hard to get into due to how the pacing is constantly changing, character's motives are not always clear, and the world-building aspects are lacking unless you do research on your own.
If it is your first Gundam show apart from Build Fighters, I would say no.
Also, are you watching Build Fighters or Build Fighters Try?
Haha thanks and ah, I see, I guess I'll watch it another time then. Are some other series like Gundam 00 or Unicorn better by any means? I'm not really up to date on newer Gundams shows but they seem pretty cool.

And I actually used to watch most of the Gundam shows that appeared on Toonami way back in the day from Gundam Wing, G-Gundam, original series, 0080, 0083, 8th Team, etc but stopped at Seed. I enjoyed them all in their own way but my fav is probably 8th Team...though my memory on all of the series is a little hazy now :/. Would be fun to go back and watch them all again if I can. Also I'm about 10 episodes in of the first GBF so far, does it and GBF Try get more crazier lol? The different takes/updates on the older Mobile Suits is pretty neat, seems like they made this show just sell Gunpla haha.

Sorry if my grammar or so is off, I'm on mobile.

NEO0MJ

Sweet! I'll have to get this one. Speaking of P-Bandai I forgot to pre-order the recent Mac Knife and Elf Bullock editions they had. Won't lose any sleep on missing those two though haha. Reflector pack for sure I'll get though. And the Perfect pack will be coming soon two... Here's hoping that the Torque Pack will be regular release!

I wish they made a version of the Elf Bullock that Bellri's instructor piloted.

yami4ct

Haha thanks and ah, I see, I guess I'll watch it another time then. Are some other series like Gundam 00 or Unicorn better by any means? I'm not really up to date on newer Gundams shows but they seem pretty cool.

And I actually used to watch most of the Gundam shows that appeared on Toonami way back in the day from Gundam Wing, G-Gundam, original series, 0080, 0083, 8th Team, etc but stopped at Seed. I enjoyed them all in their own way but my fav is probably 8th Team...though my memory on all of the series is a little hazy now :/. Would be fun to go back and watch them all again if I can. Also I'm about 10 episodes in of the first GBF so far, does it and GBF Try get more crazier lol? The different takes/updates on the older Mobile Suits is pretty neat, seems like they made this show just sell Gunpla haha.

Sorry if my grammar or so is off, I'm on mobile.

My suggestions: Read Gundam The Origin as a sort of catch up on UC. It's also easily the best version of the 0079 story and one of my favorite Gundam things ever. After that check out 08th MS Team, 0080, and Zeta. You can watch ZZ if you want. I think it's terrible and you're better served reading the wikipedia entry, but give it a go if you feel like it. Watch CCA after that. It's bad, but real pretty and it closes off the major OYW storylines. Unicorn is good and follows that up, so catch that.

From there. you're open. I would go watch Turn A as it's the best Gundam show of all time. It'll also have some UC surprises if you're familiar with that. From there, maybe check out the Gundam Wing: Glory of the Losers manga. It's a fantastic update on a source I found to be pretty mediocre.

My suggestions: Read Gundam The Origin as a sort of catch up on UC. It's also easily the best version of the 0079 story and one of my favorite Gundam things ever. After that check out 08th MS Team, 0080, and Zeta. You can watch ZZ if you want. I think it's terrible and you're better served reading the wikipedia entry, but give it a go if you feel like it. Watch CCA after that. It's bad, but real pretty and it closes off the major OYW storylines. Unicorn is good and follows that up, so catch that.

From there. you're open. I would go watch Turn A as it's the best Gundam show of all time. It'll also have some UC surprises if you're familiar with that. From there, maybe check out the Gundam Wing: Glory of the Losers manga. It's a fantastic update on a source I found to be pretty mediocre.

Much thanks for the recommendations man, just added The Origin to my wishlist on Amazon! And Unicorn is UC? Cool, didn't know that and will definitely get to it last after I catch up to everything. Also didn't know that Gundam Wing had an update, definitely gonna read up on that since I enjoyed GW a lot as a kid and I loved most of their suits, both Gundams and baddies, in general. :)

yami4ct

Much thanks for the recommendations man, just added The Origin to my wishlist on Amazon! And Unicorn is UC? Cool, didn't know that and will definitely get to it last after I catch up to everything. Also didn't know that Gundam Wing had an update, definitely gonna read up on that since I enjoyed GW a lot as a kid and I loved most of their suits, both Gundams and baddies, in general. :)

The Origin manga volumes are totally gonna be worth the $20 or so a pop they charge. They are huge really nicely produced hardcover books. As someone said here, having them all on a shelf feels like a set of encyclopedias. They're great.

Yeah, Unicorn is in the UC timeline. It's also is sometimes abbreviated as UC which is sort of dumb and a bit confusing. It comes after Char's Counterattack in the timeline. So far UC looks like this

0079 (Original Show/The Origin)->Zeta->ZZ->CCA->Unicorn->(After a long Break) F91->Victory->(Another Long Break) Reconguista.

The F91/Victory stuff is so future UC that it's unrecognizable. It's also mostly bad, so I don't necessarily recommend checking it out.

The Origin manga volumes are totally gonna be worth the $20 or so a pop they charge. They are huge really nicely produced hardcover books. As someone said here, having them all on a shelf feels like a set of encyclopedias. They're great.

Yeah, Unicorn is in the UC timeline. It's also is sometimes abbreviated as UC which is sort of dumb and a bit confusing. It comes after Char's Counterattack in the timeline. So far UC looks like this

0079 (Original Show/The Origin)->Zeta->ZZ->CCA->Unicorn->(After a long Break) F91->Victory->(Another Long Break) Reconguista.

The F91/Victory stuff is so future UC that it's unrecognizable. It's also mostly bad, so I don't necessarily recommend checking it out.
Thanks for the timeline man, makes it easier for me to get into :). Will try to track all of the series movies and add them whenever I finish The Origin, probably gonna buy like 2 volumes at a time to get started I guess.

And just browsed some Gunpla sites and it seems like some old Mobile Suits like the GunCannon and RX-78-2 will get a new Gunpla this and next month. I guess it seems like a good time to get into Gunpla lol.

RangerBAD

No way, he/she should watch those.

I'm addendum to that timeline, if you feel like watching 08th MS Team/0080/0083 they all fit in between 0079 and Zeta, in the order I listed them.

IGLOO is worth a watch too, imo.

G-Saviour is a lie, it doesn't actually exist, don't be fooled.

yami4ct

No way, he/she should watch those.

I like certain things about Victory, but that show is real dumb. It does have the Victory 2 Assault Buster, so it gets huge points for that. I also like the super dark atmosphere. I just can't really recommend it on the whole.

I'm addendum to that timeline, if you feel like watching 08th MS Team/0080/0083 they all fit in between 0079 and Zeta, in the order I listed them.

IGLOO is worth a watch too, imo.

G-Saviour is a lie, it doesn't actually exist, don't be fooled.

I was listing the main series, but yep those fit in there too. 08th MS team is set during the events of 0079, 0080 is during and after and 0083 is between. 0083 probably isn't worth watching, but if you want to check it out the compilation film is likely the way to go. You get the amazing animation without having to deal with all the terrible story of that thing. Haven't checked out much IGLOO, but what I've seen of it was neat.

I like certain things about Victory, but that show is real dumb. It does have the Victory 2 Assault Buster, so it gets huge points for that. I also like the super dark atmosphere. I just can't really recommend it on the whole.
Was it the
bikini bazooka squad
that pissed you off?

It's more that the villains are silly as hell and their plans make no sense.

I actually like Victory. Way more than most at least. I just can't really recommend others check it out.
I honestly think Zanscare was driven insane through years upon years upon fucking years of inbreeding. Victory is actually one of my faves, but man it's weird.

Looks alright but it's such a disappointment after how cool Metal Build Destiny was.

Also holy shit Victory is not 'dark'. It's just a stupid bad cartoon where women are murdered like flies without any plot reason or remorse to the point where it just makes Tomino look like a fucking lunatic. Victory suckssssssssss, don't recommend people watch that trash. Don't even go into it with morbid curiosity. There is nothing to find there. Some people like the soundtrack and suit designs but you'll likely enjoy them more by not watching the series.

NEO0MJ

I also like it for Katejina's arc and transformation.
She started off all sweet and innocent, by the end she was a lunatic playing off the sexual frustrations of Uso and just toying around with Chronicle.

Wait a minute. I didn't wantch Victory but
isn't Uso a kid?

That Metal Build Strike Freedom is sexy.

And today I really wish I had wood floor instead of carpet. I decided I'd pose my MG Destiny (extreme blast ver.) even though I have the RG with its Wings of Light up elsewhere.

I get it set up, then as I'm turning it one of the wings of light falls out of the wing. The stupid clear plastic connectors on the WoL that can't stay connected for shit went... Who knows where.

I did manage to jury rig it though. The other wing had both connectors, took one off and slapped it on the other wing.

Metal Build Strike Freedom suffers from being a Strike Freedom. Ain't nothin gonna save that design.
Is the problem with Strike Freedom the fact that it's a busy over complicated design with random pieces of gaudy gold strewn all over it or is it something else?

Top Bottom