• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Gundam |OT2| Another 5 years of Gunpla, Origins, and GUNDAMUUUU!

The Space-Time Continuum

2. No, because
we still ended up with Victory

Dead

Amuro was there.

1. what in the world is that...?

4. wait,
Amuro was there? I totally didn't see it. all I noticed was Lala and Char... when did Amuro popped up?

thanks for the answers~

Shun

Damn it Sunrise/Level-5. You rushed Gundam AGE so much.

Memory of Eden ova tackled a lot more stuff with Asemu's backstory and relationship with Woolf, Romary, Flit, Zaheart, etc.

You don't get to realize how close these characters are due to how they just skimmed throughout in TV anime. ova also makes Asemu look less of a loser and things make much more sense.

I really wish they did Gundam AGE better, so much lost potential. Also AGE kits might not get reprints or get very few in between so they might end up being rare due to commercial failure. Same might happen with G Reco kits...

Coppanuva

Got my next two kits in! I wanna try weathering/damage on the delta, still debating if GaoFighGar gets paint or not. The pieces are surprisingly detailed (steealthgao has the ggg crest on it) so may just go for a matte topcoat.

Any ideas on delta plus colors?

tumblr_nprb41HZxS1situd8o1_1280.jpg

My account finally got validated (on my birthday of all days), so I wanted to come straight over to GundamGAF to say hello. Been a long time lurker, I'm glad I'll be able to actually interact with you guys now.

Hey Zero! Welcome to gundamu gaf. You must post gunpla now.

How about I start off with all I currently have?

doRyrR5h.jpg

VXo44NUh.jpg

vSdl80Hh.jpg

There are a lot more I've done but they've been lost to time. Or feline-induced injuries. Or my own idiocy.

I normally just build then detail, haven't really done any custom work.

EDIT: OK there is one custom Exia I attempted. Nowhere near amazing but for my first time I don't think it turned out terribly.

bntMq9q.jpg

1. what in the world is that...?

4. wait,
Amuro was there? I totally didn't see it. all I noticed was Lala and Char... when did Amuro popped up?

thanks for the answers~
Where ever
Char
and
Lala
go
Amuro
can't be too far away because
Amuro
and
Char
are destined to fight over
Lala
for eternity.

Ingenious. I use the boxes for storing the extra parts and stuff (and the kits themselves when moving or not on display) but if I didn't that's a pretty good idea.

Anyone have any ideas for alternate storage methods for kits?

I keep all my extras in my MG Aile Strike RM box in ziplock bags. Extra stuff really doesn't take up that much space. Other boxes get folded up.

Shun

Gundam AGE

Flit Asuno is legit insane and he gets lauded as a hero. He's like next level Char + a little bit of every other crazy antagonist all thrown into a senile package.

What the hell happened to that cute little kid. AGE needs another chance to tie in these loose ends.

Also Asemu the best.

Gundam AGE

Flit Asuno is legit insane and he gets lauded as a hero. He's like next level Char + a little bit of every other crazy antagonist all thrown into a senile package.

What the hell happened to that cute little kid. AGE needs another chance to tie in these loose ends.

Also Asemu the best.
Space Hilter Flit is the best.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Dragon Momko's Sword Strike is complete, took me a few weeks to build me because I didn't want to be burn out.

This kit is advertised as MG with the detail of PG, it ended up just a Strike gundam with more panel lines and better color separation. I am not complaining, he is very handsome.

There are also a huge number of detail in the interior, but unless you plan to display it with half of the armor stripe off, no one will ever notice the details. It has movable fingers, the knee and shoulder joints are simplified copy of Rx-78 3.0. Now the problems of this stupid kit:

This pose took me 15 minutes to set up, 15 frustrating minutes.
-The wrist are too weak: movable finger is great and all that, but all the mechanic made the wrist weak, and there are no way in hell he can hold that giant sword on the air. The Rx-78 had the same problem, I wish they came with the old hand instead. it is funny seeing gundam throwing the peace sign and middle finger, but beyond that I don't really see the point of movable fingers.
-The ankle and thigh still use the old ball joints. He has no problem standing, but everything start falling apart when you want an action pose. The leg keep snapping of lower body when you move it. The ankle ball joints can't take any weight in a wide angle. Also fuck the wrist.
-Undergate, why? It is not even metal build, the undergate just double the number of sanding per pieces.
-To remove the sword pack back to normal strike, you need to disassemble the entire shoulder, because both the normal and sword shoulder shared the same parts. WHY

This is the only sensible pose, I guess he will stuck with that forever, I don't want to move him :(.

I am building the launcher packs, but I really don't want to set it up. I think I will just take the photo of the launcher itself.

yami4ct

So, Bandai did a poll of what people want from Variant MG Hyaku-Shikis. We just got the results.

GundamGuy said:
1. Gundam Delta Kai
2. Full Armor Hyaku Shiki Kai
3. Delta Gundam
4. Zero Shiki
5. Mega Shiki
6. Prototype Z Gundam
7. Hyaku Shiki Kai
8. Hyaku Shiki Kai (Ground Type)
9. Hyaku Shiki Kai (Mass Production Ver.)
10. White Shiki

A bit sad Delta came so low as I'd prefer to have it over Delta Kai. I fully expect at least the Delta and Delta Kai if not some of the straight Shiki repaints to come. The way the 2.0's leg designs are clearly made to facilitate a transformable suit, so I can say those are definitely being considered. I'd love the Kai Ground, but I can see why it didn't do well. I don't think the FA version has a chance in hell of being made as it's too crazy big and different.

I'm sure no one here like Frozen Teardrop just like everywhere else, but there's a nice color image of Scherenzarde (the rebuilt MC version, not that early AC version with the stupid headdress)

It's ridiculous that this and Prometheus are the only ones we've seen a good bit of in the past 5 years. Come on, Katoki. Show us Snow White and Warlock in full, dammit.

7S9mknn.jpg

paolo11

I'm sure no one here like Frozen Teardrop just like everywhere else, but there's a nice color image of Scherenzarde (the rebuilt MC version, not that early AC version with the stupid headdress)

It's ridiculous that this and Prometheus are the only ones we've seen a good bit of in the past 5 years. Come on, Katoki. Show us Snow White and Warlock in full, dammit.

7S9mknn.jpg

The manga is still ongoing?

The manga is still ongoing?

By manga, you mean Glory of Losers? Yep. Just now got to the first Zero vs. Epyon fight I believe.

Wing Gundam loaded with the Drei Zwergs during Luxembourg was pretty awesome.

If you meant Frozen Teardrop (which is a novel, not a manga) then yes, that also is still going.

7S9mknn.jpg
Millardo and Noin had kids?

Yeah. Kids that look just like them, but are genderswapped. A common complaint of FT, the new character designs are xerox copies.

Duo Jr. looks EXACTLY like Duo. Some random hobo called Trowa Phobos looks EXACTLY like Trowa. I could go on.

The wiki page actually has a good section on the characters.

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/New_Mobile_Report_Gundam_Wing:_Frozen_Teardrop
Whomever designed the characters should've realized that you can take cues from a character to make them look like children of another character without looking like direct clones of the character. Milliardo's daughter just looks like him...she doesn't even look female. Meanwhile Noin's son doesn't even look male. I had to read that description just to realize everything. Based on the character synopsis Trowa and Quatre are probably the gundam equivalent of Burt and Ernie.

Beth Cyra

Yeah. Kids that look just like them, but are genderswapped. A common complaint of FT, the new character designs are xerox copies.

Duo Jr. looks EXACTLY like Duo. Some random hobo called Trowa Phobos looks EXACTLY like Trowa. I could go on.

The wiki page actually has a good section on the characters.

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/New_Mobile_Report_Gundam_Wing:_Frozen_Teardrop
It's not at all random and they have a lot better explanation in place then what was originally thought.

Still sucks who they look exactly alike.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
It's come to my attention that the two in the Volume 11 image are actually young Zechs and Noin, not Milou and Naina. The OZ belts kind of give it away. An earlier volume did have the kids on it I believe (edit: volume 9 cover)

Though actually the cover makes sense, Noin did pilot Scherenzarde pre-tv series during the Second Lunar War. Oh, and Zechs piloted Warlock in its Fenrir mode. And Odin Lowe used the Proto Zero whose frame would eventually become Snow White (Quatre's Zero in GoL is newly built).

I'm cool with the Mars Century stuff, but all the excessive After Colony backstories and retcons gives me a migraine.

Beth Cyra

It's come to my attention that the two in the Volume 11 image are actually young Zechs and Noin, not Milou and Naina. The OZ belts kind of give it away. An earlier volume did have the kids on it I believe (edit: volume 9 cover)

Though actually the cover makes sense, Noin did pilot Scherenzarde pre-tv series during the Second Lunar War. Oh, and Zechs piloted Warlock in its Fenrir mode. And Odin Lowe used the Proto Zero whose frame would eventually become Snow White (Quatre's Zero in GoL is newly built).

I'm cool with the Mars Century stuff, but all the excessive After Colony backstories and retcons gives me a migraine.
Either could have worked.

The problem was neither had the time devoted to it that was needed so both sections are half baked and they tied up so many thing to plot twists that are just now happening they've had years of nonsensical garbage with utterly horrid pacing.

Shun

Gotta find out what goes on with the children Amuro had with Beltorchika and Sayla Mass.

Gotta keep that deadbeat dad trope alive.

paolo11

By manga, you mean Glory of Losers? Yep. Just now got to the first Zero vs. Epyon fight I believe.

Wing Gundam loaded with the Drei Zwergs during Luxembourg was pretty awesome.

If you meant Frozen Teardrop (which is a novel, not a manga) then yes, that also is still going.

Glory of losers is a reboot of Ew?

yami4ct

Glory of losers is a reboot of Ew?

Sort of. It uses the Katoki redesigns and carries the EW designation in the title. It's called Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz: Glory of the Losers IIRC. I have to imagine they'll also redo the EW storyline once they get that far.

Beth Cyra

Sort of. It uses the Katoki redesigns and carries the EW designation in the title. It's called Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz: Glory of the Losers IIRC. I have to imagine they'll also redo the EW storyline once they get that far.
When the Manga started our they said it would continue into Frozen and we already see Elements of Frozen in Endless, the largest being Proto Zero which plays heavily into Frozen.

The only ?? We had would be stuff like Preventer 5, the two main spin offs in Battlefield and A Scythe In My Hand along with G Unit and Ties Impulse.

Sadly it looks like G Unit, the the Trans Am mode it had and Girls was scrapped and not factored in.

yami4ct

When the Manga started our they said it would continue into Frozen and we already see Elements of Frozen in Endless, the largest being Proto Zero which plays heavily into Frozen.

I'm curious if the manga can save Frozen in the same way it's fixed up Wing. It'll be years until we find out, though, and the manga could get canceled long before then for all we know.

Beth Cyra

I'm curious if the manga can save Frozen in the same way it's fixed up Wing. It'll be years until we find out, though, and the manga could get canceled long before then for all we know.
It really could.

I don't expect it too. It doesn't sell in huge numbers but it's done solidly and theyve shown no slowing down with the manga.

Frozen has had issues, but between Sumizawa working on The Origin, issues with his Spouses health and other stuff I don't know if we can gauge Bandai's opinion yet.

yami4ct

It really could.

I don't expect it too. It doesn't sell in huge numbers but it's done solidly and theyve shown no slowing down with the manga.

Frozen has had issues, but between Sumizawa working on The Origin, issues with his Spouses health and other stuff I don't know if we can gauge Bandai's opinion yet.

I'll be happy if the manga gets through the end of the TV series and just connects up to EW as we currently know it. It's already easy for me to pretended FT isn't a thing that really exists.

Beth Cyra

I'll be happy if the manga gets through the end of the TV series and just connects up to EW as we currently know it. It's already easy for me to pretended FT isn't a thing that really exists.
I'd be totally cool with this.

The Manga has done alot to make Wing sevicable and fun. However unless they go in with a scalpel and take only certain pieces from Frozen it'd still be a train wreck.

Give the writer EW and fix it up a bit and call it good. Just give us the line arts from Frozen and we can ignore the story and just use them for upgrades in stuff like SRW.

Been working on my HG Grimoire kit. It looks fantastic... Except the legs. They look stumpy as heck.

Also: Gundam the Origin Volume X comes out next week: Solomon, in which a Great Zeon hero sees his last battle

paolo11

So on EW Glory of Losers, does it mean that SPOILERS
The mobile suits Gundam will still self destruct in the end?

Beth Cyra

So on EW Glory of Losers, does it mean that SPOILERS
The mobile suits Gundam will still self destruct in the end?
Well we know they still detonate the Gundams.

Snow White and the rest are "new" made out of different materials.

Granted they won't have the line about mobile suits never being created again, but that line was broken months after they came out when they released Preventer 5 and then Turn A Gundam.

Top Bottom