• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Halo 3 E3 Campaign Trailer

Finally found it, good hint

Orlics said:
Forge sounds a lot like Garry's Mod to me, just with fewer tools.

Garry's Mod is awesome.

Yes, thats exactly what it sounds like. Very, very cool.

The Elephant sounds amazing for a large CTF type of game. Roving super-bases with spawn points and defenses in a huge map with lots of vehicles... sign me up.

The campaign meta-game sounds similar to a kudos system, but counting head shots instead of power slides. :D

They say the Terminals dispense information on the back story, but in an interesting way...

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
raYne said:
Hey Stinkles, make sure the elephant has thermal exhaust port weakness. That way I can blow it up with one Banshee fuel rod blast, kthnbye.

I dunno. I liked the concrete textures that was on the first Galactic Warrior. This pic kinda screams the d-word.
The first galactic warrior was a bullshot! Ask Stinkles.

Proelite said:
Pillar of autumn had some 30 elites, and 100 grunts. Plus a platoon of allied npc. There is no way a halo 3 battle is that large. The processing power required is beyond what xenon can output.

Not quite sure what this means, but I am pretty sure Dead Rising had areas with close to a thousand AI characters onscreen at once (in the tunnels).

Really quite impressed with how Halo 3 is turning out though.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
raYne said:
It's true... the DVD clothes hanger couldn't hold all that texture goodness. :/
Obviously, the concrete finish was too heavy. Silly Bungie.

voltron

Is it widely assumed that if we are going to get a glimpse of video of the behind closed doors demo that it wont be until after the embargo lifts for Egm/1up? Seems to make sense to me.

So just when does that embargo lift?

voltron said:
Is it widely assumed that if we are going to get a glimpse of video of the behind closed doors demo that it wont be until after the embargo lifts for Egm/1up? Seems to make sense to me.

So just when does that embargo lift?

August 1st, unless I've taken that date from somewhere else.

Orodreth

a Master Ninja said:

:lol well played

Im gonna try and lurk for those scans...eveything sounds really good except for the online coop still not being confirmed and Stinkles having a great time watching everyone here weep like sissies (which i hope is a good hint about having the feature working).

ilmhalo2as0645.jpg

"Long have you lead your fleet with honor and distinction but your inability to save god-online coop at halo3 would be a colossal failure...nah it would heresy!!

C´mon Bungie, make it happen :)

danwarb

NeXuSDK said:
My take on the map remains the same; it's gonna the spiritual succesor to Carmageddon!

Was so funny when Frankie showed the part where a Warthog came driving along the roof of this building. Only the roof was divided into several pieces with pretty big gaps, so it was quite the bumpy and difficult ride.

Who attempted the foolish thing of driving there Frankie?

BTW this is where the level presentation ended (read: where Brian became too big a coward and turned his back on the incoming rockets)

H3_E307_3P03.jpg

Ah, I've only just noticed it's the MC standing behind the pylon there. Gameplay angle:

14.jpg

NJ Shlice

GhaleonEB said:
Remember all that arguing about how the deployable shield was just redundant to the bubble shield? Check out the description (paraphrasing): It's narrow, but it also allows for one-way fire, like a one-way mirror. So you deploy it and can fire through it, but the enemy shots are blocked. The downside is that it's narrow so you're exposed to grenade/rocket fire.

Jesus, Bungie thought of everything. :lol

oOH oOH I remember!

Now of me thinking the jackal shield would have been a downgrade, it seems with this new information the jackal deployment shield might be dominant.

someone sitting behind that thing in a convenient place where grenades can't reach him is crazy.

Mojovonio

Banned
Frankie,

Listen very carefully.

In online co-op, if you get too far from your friend, why don't you just do what you always did and warp?

If that's what's keeping you guys from having online co-op, I just, I don't know.

100% of the people here want co-op, and I doubt they would mind getting warped.

Wolffen

Being on the East coast and trying to go to bed at a decent hour means I miss all the cool stuff around here. =/

I have a subscription (free) to EGM, but it's always 2 weeks or more behind the newsstand release, so I'll be paying for a copy of the magazine in August.

I can't believe all the cool stuff Bungie is throwing into this game. Other than online co-op being in the air, they are delivering the total package. People can bitch about the graphics, people can bitch about the gameplay, but I know of no other console game delivering this much on a single DVD. And we probably still don't know everything.

NJ Shlice

Rowsdower said:
My speakers just exploded.

If by speakers you mean anus, then we're on the same page.

wolffen said:
Being on the East coast and trying to go to bed at a decent hour means I miss all the cool stuff around here. =/

I'm with you on this. I'm on east coast and have work at 7am so I'm usually off internetz at around 9:30/ 10PM. And then I come to work in the morning to find this stuff.

Frenck

Banned
NJ x Falkor said:
I hope you are kidding.

7610850178bb6be1cf4.jpg

This is the Mauler, not the Shotgun

That thing was in the Brute Vidoc as an untextured prototype.

Back then I said that it probably is a Covenant shotgun because it was shooting 4 or 5 blue beams that spread like a shotgun blast. It was revised to be part of the Brute sandbox since then and I bet it shoots projectiles instead of blue plasma now.

Wolffen

Oh, and it appears I was very close to correct on the new equip being the Covie stationary shields. I just didn't guess the "one-way shield" part. :p

*pats self on back*

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Nice catch, Frenck.

TEH-CJ said:
Man i wish halo took the more mature approach

i wana feel intimidated fighting these aliens not lmao at how a grunt called me a bully

Yeah, Bungie should have added some other enemies besides Grunts.

NJ Shlice

TEH-CJ said:
Man i wish halo took the more mature approach

i wana feel intimidated fighting these aliens not lmao at how a grunt called me a bully

Well during the time Halo 3 takes places Grunts are pre-teens between the ages of 9-12yrs old.

It's expected.

Frenck

Banned
@ TEH-CJ

You mean "Brute stinky bad bad" isn't a mature approach to combat chatter?

The Grunts have a certain charm, almost like those cat photoshops.

TEH-CJ

Banned
Frenck said:
@ TEH-CJ

You mean "Brute stinky bad bad" isn't a mature approach to combat chatter?

The Grunts have a certain charm, almost like those cat photoshops.

Oh i know im not downplaying halo at all :lol

halo has its unique charm and it works

than again halo is halo cant realy change its style

Orodreth

That audio clip is terrific.

Everything from dialogue to explosions sound much more bigger, stunning and dynamic. The big battles later on must sound incredible.

Orodreth

Btw, got the take a look at the scans and even with that poor picture quality the graphics hint at being much more sick and stunning than what the trailer gave us.

And the Hornet looks like an ornithopter. Is it a kind of rendition to Dune?

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Heh, no surprise that that truckload of Halo 3 goodness overload found its way to GAF - I saw it was shown here earlier, but I had to leave so I missed out on some of the discussions, and I gotta leave again now too, but good Lord, Halo 3 is gonna be a beast...

I don't know how I can stop playing it long enough to play anything else based on the stuff shown now... this is yet another EGM that I have to buy to add to the collection...

That's all I'm gonna say now... I'll be back later...

voltron

Mojovonio said:
Frankie, 100% of the people here want co-op

Apparently they know that already ;)

I agree it would be real shame to not have online co-op but I think Ill save my pleading until after the game ships, in the hopes that they will tack it on via DLC.

There is much hope yet!

Dirtbag

NovemberMike said:
Not quite sure what this means, but I am pretty sure Dead Rising had areas with close to a thousand AI characters onscreen at once (in the tunnels).

Really quite impressed with how Halo 3 is turning out though.

While Dead Rising is awesome, I'm not trying to downplay it's accomplishments... I just don’t think the ai is comparable.

Top Bottom