• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Halo 3 E3 Campaign Trailer

GhaleonEB

godhandiscen said:
why they didnt announce this at E3? They would have made the MEGATON of the show and surely win the GOTS if they had demo'd this on stage. Seriously, the loyalty to EGM is astounding.
They are just spacing out their coverage; this issue wasn't supposed to land for another week or so. I'm sure there's even more they haven't talked about that we'll hear about after this dies down. (They gave the last cover to Gamepro.)

Rolling Thunder

Digital Limit said:
Shouldn't have unquoted that!

People are going to miss it, now, heh.

We can do better than stealing half arsed summaries of other's half arsed summaries!

Ghaleon I expect a five mile long OP edit by morning.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
GhaleonEB said:
They are just spacing out their coverage; this issue wasn't supposed to land for another week or so. I'm sure there's even more they haven't talked about that we'll hear about after this dies down. (They gave the last cover to Gamepro.)

Rolling Thunder

I agree. In fact, I still think that there is something huge coming in the area of online co-op. Whether it be some sort of four-player survival mode, or playing as marines in the campaign, or something. But, I expect something major in that area to be announced soon.

Bungie keeps dropping bombshells. The game is going to be absolutely epic. Beyond epic.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
GhaleonEB said:

Rolling Thunder
Are you talking about the old GP issue? Or is GP going to get a new Halo exclusive preview?
Son of Godzilla said:
We can do better than stealing half arsed summaries of other's half arsed summaries!

Ghaleon I expect a five mile long OP edit by morning.
QFT Get on it stat!
jk man, we know you got a family to attend

GhaleonEB

godhandiscen said:
Read past posts for a good explanation and also a little bit of hope.
And to be clear, the article doesn't shoot it down - just says Bungie is working on it but they don't commit. And Frank came in earlier to confuse the heck out of everyone. :lol

I'm content to wait for the official word. They must go gold in about a month, and EGM saw them nearly that long ago. A lot can happen in two months when they're already deep into working on it. We'll see.

GhaleonEB said:
Aw FUKC I forgot this was my thread. :(

Tsk tsk, I feel for you man but come on, you brought this upon yourself. You have a standard to keep up!

Aw, I see that you updated the OP. If you want to avoid this sort of headache in the future, be like me and keep those expectations real low.
Keep up the good work

Wow this Forge feature sounds a lot more interesting than saved film editing that for sure.

Quasi-RTS monitor players... amazing.

Finally the human small aircraft appears, the ability to carry a small squad around the map is going to back for some amazing fights.

Not to sure on the one-way shield. Sounds like a recipe for sniper slaughter. And my experience with flash bangs from Counter-Strike is not positive...
Possibly no Live co-op is a little disappointing but if the scale of the game is there as promised I have no problems with it as long as local co-op remains.

Need way more specific info on these features, like the elephant.

Halo 3 is sounding somewhat like a most amazing ultimate version of Tribes. A Tribes that gets vehicle and personal combat correct along with the scale of the maps.

Can't wait, the features and game play of Halo 3 are (hopefully) going to be amazing.

GhaleonEB

Spaceman Spiff said:
Tsk tsk, I feel for you man but come on, you brought this upon yourself. You have a standard to keep up!
I didn't sign up for the EGM stuff when I made the thread! You see the title? E3 Campaign Trailer. OP has the official screenz'n movie links. And now, all the EGM info you could ask for. :p

I only made the Beta thread because I caved in to nagging requests from GAF. :lol

raYne

Man, why didn't EGM reveal what the other shown "new" weapon is? The one that the custom Spartan on the right is carrying? The more I look, the more I speculate and it goes into "wtf" territory. :lol

-It's not the Plasma Cannons from H2. The Brutes carried those in the vid doc and they seemed unchanged.
-It's definitely not the Fuel Rod guns (too big, plus we saw those in the E3 trailer and they were still yellow).

I'm still eh on the flamethrower issue, however... a Plasma Thrower on the other hand. :D

SpudBud

GhaleonEB said:
I didn't sign up for the EGM stuff when I made the thread! You see the title? E3 Campaign Trailer. OP has the official screenz'n movie links. And now, all the EGM info you could ask for. :p

I only made the Beta thread because I caved in to nagging requests from GAF. :lol
You know you love making Halo threads.

GhaleonEB said:

Your mere presence in these threads is asking enough. You know that better than anyone. :lol

GhaleonEB

I finally found the Penny-Arcade this reminds me of.

When OXM got the world-exclusive debut of Halo 2 in their issue right before E3 2003, it leaked onto the web from the distribution center, a week before it was supposed to hit subscribers. PA did a comic on it:

20030430h.jpg

Everything comes full circle. :lol

godhandiscen

GhaleonEB said:
I finally found the Penny-Arcade this reminds me of.

When OXM got the world-exclusive debut of Halo 2 in their issue right before E3 2003, it leaked onto the web from the distribution center, a week before it was supposed to hit subscribers. PA did a comic on it:

http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2003/20030430h.jpg

If it was really such a leak then I would feel really sorry for EGM. I would buy the mag if I see it on stands just for honesty's sake.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
GhaleonEB said:

if true, i hope to post spoiler marked impressions of a french copy of halo 3 a few weeks in advance again

They should create soft copy only. And when time comes, print it (computer printer) and mail it immediately. :lol

I think this partially spoiled 1up web specials too if they had anything planned at the time of this issue.

GhaleonEB

MirageDwarf said:
They should create soft copy only. And when time comes, print it (computer printer) and mail it immediately. :lol

I think this partially spoiled 1up web specials too if they had anything planned at the time of this issue.
They did NINE articles on the three map pre-alpha build they played. Something tells me 1up is going to cover this. :p

Do people that see the leaks read the magazines? Just wondering. I'll glance at the stuff, but wait until the magazine is in my hand before I actually read the stuff.

GhaleonEB

Buttonbasher said:
Do people that see the leaks read the magazines? Just wondering. I'll glance at the stuff, but wait until the magazine is in my hand before I actually read the stuff.
I read what I could, but I have a subscription. I've purchased every magazine I've ever read scans of. (And incidentally, every magazine I've ever hunted down scans for were Halo-related). Mostly out of guilt, partly for completion. This has led to me owning an issue of Gamepro, though, so it has drawbacks. :(

GhaleonEB said:
I read what I could, but I have a subscription. I've purchased every magazine I've ever read scans of. (And incidentally, every magazine I've ever hunted down scans for were Halo-related). Mostly out of guilt, partly for completion. This has led to me owning an issue of Gamepro, though, so it has drawbacks. :(
:lol Gamepro is a bit bad. I do the same. It's part of my "Must own cuz it's Halo" frame of mind.

*Takes sip of Kool-Aid from UNSC Water Bottle.*

godhandiscen

I havent read the whole thing yet. However, is Forge online or only sys link? Also, does it work for SP?
Buttonbasher said:
:lol Gamepro is a bit bad. I do the same. It's part of my "Must own cuz it's Halo" frame of mind.

*Takes sip of Kool-Aid from UNSC Water Bottle.*
pfff... nothing beats asking a friend to pic this up for you!
galacticwarrior.jpg

GhaleonEB said:
They did NINE articles on the three map pre-alpha build they played. Something tells me 1up is going to cover this. :p
*crossing fingers*. I guess 1up will save something exclusive for web.

I haven't seen scan yet. But I will buy this issue for sure, if my subscription doesn't start.

SpudBud

godhandiscen said:
I havent read the whole thing yet. However, is Forge online or only sys link? Also, does it work for SP?

galacticwarrior.jpg
I'm so buying that.

puebla

Digital Limit said:
(Thanks Lucid and Legend, respectively)

Elephant:
-Giant floating base which players will spawn on, have vehicles spawn on, and hold objectives such as flags.
-The Elephant is drivable by players making for moving base games
that sounds like amazing fun

raYne

Stinkles said:
hay guys wuts goin on?
Hey Stinkles, make sure the elephant has thermal exhaust port weakness. That way I can blow it up with one Banshee fuel rod blast, kthnbye.

godhandiscen said:

galacticwarrior.jpg
I dunno. I liked the concrete textures that was on the first Galactic Warrior. This pic kinda screams the d-word.

raYne said:
Hey Stinkles, make sure the elephant has thermal exhaust port weakness. That way I can blow it up with one Banshee fuel rod blast, kthnbye.

I dunno. I liked the concrete textures that was on the first Galactic Warrior. This pic kinda screams the d-word.

It isn't destructible, sadly!

squicken

I'm really trying to work this through. Why is this a print exclusive? Does Bungie demand a print cover instead of a website blowout? It seems like it would have been best for ZD to reveal this story on 1up, and have us all read the site and get ad served. Instead, we are venturing into the nefarious realms of the intertubes, with ZD losing revenues. Many of us also have EGM subscriptions, so I guess there's no loss there.

Top Bottom