• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Halo 3 E3 Campaign Trailer

Dirtbag

Dirtbag 504 said:
I saw scans... I know, I'm naughty..

but i see another weapon in the shots!!! Looks like a blue plasma flamethrower thing.. it looks hot!

edit:and don't ask where please, I'm not getting banned for anybody.

requote for page fold....

looks covenant though!

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
Dirtbag 504 said:
But looking at your post history your game of the show is Super Mario Galaxy (while you troll halo's animation, geometry, and textures)? From the looks of it, geometry, textures, and animation isn't really your bag at all.

You're knocking Galaxy's animation? Really? As for geometry and textures, we're talking about vastly different hardware here, so different expectations are reasonable.

Anyway, I based ny comments on the trailer. Seeing these shots, I take back the textures point, as they certainly do look alot better. For those of you ganging up on me and seemingly finding my comments ludicrous- get a life. My impressions certainly are shared by many others here.

Slurpy said:
You're knocking Galaxy's animation? Really? As for geometry and textures, we're talking about vastly different hardware here, so different expectations are reasonable.

Anyway, I based ny comments on the trailer. Seeing these shots, I take back the textures point, as they certainly do look alot better. For those of you ganging up on me and seemingly finding my comments ludicrous- get a life. My impressions certainly are shared by many others here.

Go away, we are discussing more interesting things than you and your crazy opinions based on a blurry video that ignored all the pictures and impressions released.'

Quick somebody post that Brute GTFO picture

Mrbob

sableholic said:
... he quoted a comment about forge though... which scares me cause now I want it.

Online co op will be in. It HAS to be. This was the most requested item for Halo 2. No way Bungie misses the boat two games in a row.

Mrbob said:
Online co op will be in. It HAS to be. This was the most requested item for Halo 2. No way Bungie misses the boat two games in a row.

Just saying either he quoted the wrong thing or both forge and online co-op are up in the air now so to speak.

raYne

Dirtbag 504 said:
but i see another weapon in the shots!!! Looks like a blue plasma flamethrower thing.. it looks hot!
Looks plasma cannon-ish.

4kx3jar.gif

sableholic said:
Just saying either he quoted the wrong thing or both forge and online co-op are up in the air now so to speak.
He edited the quote out of his post so no doubt that he is talking about online coop.

RattleHead_ said:
He edited the quote out of his post so no doubt he is talking about online coop.

Right you are... whew Forge is safe...
or is it? dum dum dummmm

I wish I could read the part about the ARG.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
SpudBud said:
The Hornet looks great.

It does. I can imagine strafing around a base... the design of it looks really, really good.

So do the Elite armour permutations. The variety of Elite and Spartan armour types are really going to make multiplayer a lot better looking.

Dirtbag

Cocopjojo said:
It does. I can imagine strafing around a base... the design of it looks really, really good.

So do the Elite armour permutations. The variety of Elite and Spartan armour types are really going to make multiplayer a lot better looking.

The tall visor (Haze style) has really grown on me. I think it's going to be how I outfit my spartan.

SpudBud

Dirtbag 504 said:
The tall visor (Haze style) has really grown on me. I think it's going to be how I outfit my spartan.
Has Bungie said anything about the hud changing with different permutations?

REV 09

CreepingDea7h said:
Has anyone found confirmation yet if the Arbiter will be playable outside of co-op (and MP)? I think what they've done is a good compromise since people who love the Arbiter will still get to play as him, and those who dislike him aren't forced to.

:lol @ Ghaleon, thanks for answering my question!
if the arbiter is there full time, then why not let players choose at their leisure which of the 2 they wish to play as for a certain level? I really like the arbiter.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Son of Godzilla said:
Also it's nothing like that, the article very clearly states that Forge is playable. From what I make of it, you basically have the option of becoming one of the monitors at will and run around causing create-a-world chaos while puny humans run about.

I've been curious from the beginning about the "spectator mode" option discovered in the customs menu from the Beta. If you play as a Monitor in Forge, would it be possible that in spectator mode, you also play as one?

raYne

Dirtbag 504 said:
6bwu9es.gif

SpudBud said:
Has Bungie said anything about the hud changing with different permutations?
A better question one would be if the Elite models have an Arbiter inspired HUD? Hmmm..

Dirtbag

Striker said:
Damnation! If they decide any Halo 1 remakes!

I'm done with remakes.
I got the two I wanted (Zanzibar / Lockout ), I selfishly want all new maps for the rest.

KachoMakura said:
If this game doesn't have online co-op I'll seriously have to reconsider my purchase. That is unacceptable in 2007.

sucks for you :D

sableholic said:
Cosmetic changes only so no hud changing I believe.

A hud is like the definition of cosmetic :eek:

Also the Forge stuff is insane. It's multiplayer, although no listing on player count, and it drops you into a map where you can switch between a spartan and a monitor. Monitor has full control over spawns on the map, and the spartan is treated like any given spartan tracking k/d, score, etc.

Basically allows for as much crazy user created gameplay as Crackdown did. They describe a faux RTS where you play Team Slayer and each team gets one monitor to supply them.

ferrex

voltron said:
Wow I bet EGM are really happy they shelled out for that exclusive now.
"Shelled out"? We don't pay for coverage, if that's what you're implying or mistakenly believe.

And regarding the quote on page 72, look even closer.

I'm confused, it mentions they played two singleplayer levels, one called
Tsavo Highway (or something like that)
, and another called
The Storm
. Are these supposed to be chapters of Sierra 117? Any way, I like the sound of a level called
The Storm

ferrex said:
"Shelled out"? We don't pay for coverage, if that's what you're implying or mistakenly believe.

And regarding the quote on page 72, look even closer.

Right spiritual successor, not remake. Sorry bout that.

CreepingDea7h said:
I'm confused, it mentions they played two singleplayer levels, one called
Tsavo Highway (or something like that)
, and another called
The Storm
. Are these supposed to be chapters of Sierra 117? Any way, I like the sound of a level called
The Storm

Nah, both of those come later in the game.
Tsavo
was the first level EGM actually got to play, but it's the third level in the game.

armubaba

Is forge multiplayer only? Or is it singleplayer as well.....?

I can't read anything on these damn pics. :p

Jub Jub=Guardian?

Dirtbag

sableholic said:
Right spiritual successor, not remake. Sorry bout that.

Hmmmm... So they took what worked from lockout and made a map with the same idea.
I wonder if it will best lockout as the best non-vehicle map in a multiplayer game (ever!!!).

Recoil

KachoMakura said:
If this game doesn't have online co-op I'll seriously have to reconsider my purchase. That is unacceptable in 2007.

Huh, so Crackdown is the only game you've bought this year?

Alternative comeback: So, I guess you're not buying Mass Effect, HL2, Call of Duty, GTA4, Blue Dragon, Bioshock, PGR4, Asassin's Creed, or Lost Odyssey then, eh?

armubaba said:
Is forge multiplayer only? Or is it singleplayer as well.....?

I can't read anything on these damn pics. :p

Jub Jub=Guardian?

Answering that would mean giving away whether or not co-op gets online!@!

But really, I can't imagine Forge not being SP at least on some level. The ability to save game data suggests that being able to alter data before hand should be rather easy and Frank/luke have chided each other on rotating spawns. After learning that Forge will be mulitplayer while in editting mode it's alot easier to believe that campaigns will be alterable. And maybe shareable.

Dirtbag 504 said:
Hmmmm... So they took what worked from lockout...

So you are saying they recreated Lockout then?

SpudBud

Son of Godzilla said:
A hud is like the definition of cosmetic :eek:

Also the Forge stuff is insane. It's multiplayer, although no listing on player count, and it drops you into a map where you can switch between a spartan and a monitor. Monitor has full control over spawns on the map, and the spartan is treated like any given spartan tracking k/d, score, etc.

Basically allows for as much crazy user created gameplay as Crackdown did. They describe a faux RTS where you play Team Slayer and each team gets one monitor to supply them.
Forge sounds awesome!

Top Bottom