• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Importance of Taking an L

I should be a celebrity. I've taken so many Ls in my time that I ain't even effected anymore. I wouldn't need a PR team or nothing.

Anytime someone says "take the L" to anyone I can only assume that person is an insufferable douchebag. Like, you're just throwing salt in the wound. It's super petty and I just think less of you as a the person.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Anytime someone says "take the L" to anyone I can only assume that person is an insufferable douchebag. Like, you're just throwing salt in the wound. It's super petty and I just think less of you as a the person.

I see we have an L taker here.

PSqueak

Banned

Personally i have never seen people us the phrase neither out of the internet nor in a situation where the person who should take the L isn't making an ass of themselves already.

Personally i have never seen people us the phrase neither out of the internet nor in a situation where the person who should take the L isn't making an ass of themselves already.

Look at the responses given to me saying someone who says it is petty. They're insufferable. The message isn't to help them get past anything or accept their wrongdoing, it's to rub it in their face in an obnoxious way. Communication skills aren't everyone's forte but at least folks should try.

zeemumu

We've reached the test. People tryin' to backfire the thread to see if LionPride will take his post's advice on the L.

TMZ for black people

All this does is remind me why dudes keep fucking with Mia Khalifa

Thanks Slayven.

I really was super curious, like what the fuck is this I am too old, is this some new thing?

Yes, old man, it is some new thing.

When is S3 of Luke Cage though?

OP needs to do this for this thread:

CjXPrs.gif

Tater Tot

"My God... it's full of Starch!"
best way to take an L is to just get offline a week if your L goes viral

dentist who killed the lion last year took his L perfectly

I dunno. The term originated in the black community, no? Cultural appropriation?
It's pretty literal. Sports teams records are often shown kind of this:

34W-4L

What does the L denote? A loss. Take the loss in stride and move on.

aka

Hold that L.

It was popularized in the multiracial fighting game community.

Top Bottom