• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Importance of Taking an L

giphy.gif

(I'm just trying to do the meta thing of taking an L in this thread)

(And the good thing is it's fool proof. If I fail in my goal to take an L, well that's just the scenic route to the L)

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
It's pretty literal. Sports teams records are often shown kind of this:

34W-4L

What does the L denote? A loss. Take the loss in stride and move on.

aka

Hold that L.

It was popularized in the multiracial fighting game community.
holla

I associate it with fgc making it a popular term. Sports scoreboards were commonly written out as W L T. P.S. I've ran scoreboards at local games before and it is not pleasant when you click the wrong button. I had to accept that L. From ever single parent.

"Alright I put 30 seconds back on the timer damn, calm down. These are third graders."

I can't fucking stand the "take the L" thing. Might as well be a meme with how often people want to push it whenever anything happens
It's been slang within the black community for as long as I can remember. You're only just now catching wind of it cause the internet likes to steal shit from black Twitter.

akira28

Maybe it was funnier then. But this alongside "yas queen slay" makes me age 50 years and scream at clouds

Lord Woofington, I do believe you may have to make a decision. To hold the L, or to fight it for all that you're worth. you may have to fight on the seas, on the beaches. you may have to defend your little island until there is no choice but to surrender.

Until all that remains is yourself, and the L. And then only the L is left.

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
Lord Woofington, I do believe you may have to make a decision. To hold the L, or to fight it for all that you're worth. you may have to fight on the seas, on the beaches. you may have to defend your little island until there is no choice but to surrender.

Until all that remains is yourself, and the L. And then only the L is left.

No need to belittle his island.

Damerman

Anytime someone says "take the L" to anyone I can only assume that person is an insufferable douchebag. Like, you're just throwing salt in the wound. It's super petty and I just think less of you as a the person.

whats ur frustration homie? was someone being too loud when they called out ur L?

Top Bottom