• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Interracial Dating Thread |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm half Mexican, so technically any time I date it's interracial, but since I'm white in complexion I'm sure no one cares or bothers to bring it up.

tehfryguy

My GF of 4 years is persian and I'm white.

My cultural background has been so similar yet so different with hers. We get along but her family has this......full of shit attitude towards everyone

soul creator said:
cleavon1-sized.jpg
The sheriff is a n--::churchbells:: One of the greatest comedies ever made, and deals with racism in the most head-on manner possible. Mel Brooks had balls the size of fucking planets.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Current "girlfriend" is white. Current fuckbuddy is too (well, she's a cute little jewish thing)

All about the interracial over here!

(I'm a black dude)

Caerith

Drkirby said:
But that example is an Ethnic issue, not a Racial one. Race is a badly treated biological term, it refers to genetic differences. This topic is equivalent of asking "Experiences of Dating people with different hair color", rather then "Dating someone from Anther Country" or "Experiences of Dating Different Ethnic Groups".
Not saying it isn't, just that people have always been lazy and discriminated against others for categorical differences rather than take five minutes to get to know someone and have a legitimate reason to dislike them.

But yeah, I enjoy dating outside my ethnic whatever. My kids will look nothing like me.

Alfarif

This picture? uhh I can explain really!
I'm black.

My wife is a pale as fuck, gray eyed, red head with a nice round ass, handful of chest, gaming/movie making hottie.

Interracial dating is good.

Don't think I like the wording of the OP.

My wife is from a different culture to me. It took 3 years of hard work to get her parents to accept the marriage.

So for the people that have shall we say, 'sheltered families' have you ever clashed with your family about your partner's skin colour?

Let me first say I'm all for free love interracial dating, same-sex marriage so on and so forth. That said I'm part of a very tight-knit family whose opinion of me I find important. Were I to marry outside my race, it would certainly be an issue. Yeah I know, "don't care what they think", "if they were your REAL family" etc, but family effects decisions for a lot of people and it is worth being explored.

Sidenote: I'm not looking for a pep-talk to interracial date and I've dated outside my race numerous times; just curious on people's experiences.

Pirabear

Banned
I'm black, GF is Asian, my brother and sister are in a relationship with others outside our race, my dad is half-Chinese. Family just taught me to be with whoever makes you happy.

I'm white, and somehow I just naturally gravitate towards women of any ethnicity other than my own. I couldn't really explain why if I tried. Even sexually I just somehow find it really appealing. This has mostly manifested itself in a way that looks like yellow fever, but I chalk that up to circumstance more than anything.
Sullen said:
My girlfriend is Mexican and I am white. I guess we are an interracial couple, but I never really think of it that way. Why do people get caught up on that as some kind of point of interest?
I guess it's sort of an old fashioned way of thinking, and really I never hear people referring to it as a point of interest, but I guess it can be an interesting topic of conversation, maybe from a psychological standpoint at least.

Dali

I don't think I've ever really "dated" outside my race. I've had more "relations" with white women but only really "dated", as in something meaningful and possibly longterm, one white girl. I just pulled back on this one white woman that I could have seen myself. She had kids though and that's usually a deal-breaker with me. She could have been number two.

I've alo dated an indian girl. She was nice but felt she was disrespecting her parents by dating me so fuck her.

BamYouHaveAids said:
I don't know if it fits but the only girls that really turn me down based solely off skin color are dark skinned black girls. Light skinned black girls, white, and spanish girls are all game but I get turned down by dark skinned girls for not being dark enough semi frequently, it's really starting to annoy me. It happened twice this month. What is this nonsense and is it common?

I'm black, btw about the same or a shade lighter than Obama.
What? Really? Light-skinned girls usually seem uninterested in me which sucks because I love light-skinned girls. Where do you live so I can get in on sme this action.

Uchip said:
never gone out with a girl of the same ethnicity
Neither have I.

The closest I've been was with a girl who was half Polish and half black. A beautiful girl, I still get a little annoyed that I let that one go. But, c'est la vie.

After not dating girls of my color/ethnicity for my whole life, I desire them the most now. =(

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Lost my fucking post...Goddamn browsers and their maximize button being so close to "X"

1. Familial pressure. As some have noted, there are still enough traditional families out there that influence their children to date within their own race. Asian families, Jewish families, Muslim families, etc etc etc.
2. Societal and Cultural influence. These subtly create discrimination and prejudices and many people fall into their trap without realizing it. These are reinforced through the media and is often defined by people who have their own perceptions of beauty and desirability.
3. Pecking order. Whether people want to admit it or not, there's an unspoken chart for desired ethnicities to date.

In my own experience with the above
1. Mom would not want me to date black girls. My father-in-law didn't want his daughter to marry a white guy (he finds out I'm Chinese Canadian and says, "Oh, that's ok")
2. I'm Chinese and even I don't want to date Chinese girls (other Asians yes, Chinese no). I've also seen enough to know not a lot of girls want Chinese guys.
3. Related to the above, I think it was some dating site that put Chinese guys and...was it black women at the very bottom?

Interracial dating is a good thing imo and should be promoted, but I think it'll be a long while before these influences go away.

Uchip said:
never gone out with a girl of the same ethnicity

(I'm white)

Same. I haven't had a gf, though...just dates. Only time it had a chance of actually being a relationship was with a black African girl.

Steelrain said:
My girl is Asian so yeah...I pretty much have dated every ethnicity I can think of so now Im making sure they can cook before I get in a relationship. Current girlfriends is like a fuckin chef, my last girlfriend was Mexican, and the girl before that was White but couldn't cook worth shit so that didn't last long.

People are just people man. Unless they can't cook. Then they're garbage.

Misogynist! (lol)

Steelrain

My girl is Asian so yeah...I pretty much have dated every ethnicity I can think of so now Im making sure they can cook before I get in a relationship. Current girlfriends is like a fuckin chef, my last girlfriend was Mexican, and the girl before that was White but couldn't cook worth shit so that didn't last long.

People are just people man. Unless they can't cook. Then they're garbage.

Air

Banned
captmcblack said:
Just gonna pitch a tent in this here thread and watch.

Also, my current girlfriend is Hispanic and I'm black.
My previous girlfriends were black women and white women.
I don't discriminate. No one ever should.

Pretty much, but I get weak in the knees with mixed girls (of a light brownish persuasion)

Black btw.

White here. By high school most of my friends were Asian. Dated 4 Chinese girls and currently dating a Korean. Yeah....I don't know how this has happened, it just has.

So far in my life I've dated:

2 Caucasian
1 Japanese
3 Chinese
My next hopeful adventure lands me with a Dutch-born Chinese.

I admit, I like my orientals. I'm white btw.

In case anyone asks: I live in Scotland where you don't see that many Chinese/Japanese, however I would say my uni has the highest concentration of Chinese students in Scotland.

My family try their hardest for my to date White Scottish chicks, they don't like the idea of me being with anyone else.

-PXG-

Brotha here. Dated nothing but white girls (with the exception of one asian). Current GF is white. Mmmmm. Delicious vanilla.

Whooty/PAWG (look them up) are a black man's dream. Feels good to say I'm living it.

I'm black. Have dated mostly outside of my race, mostly white. However, I know if I ever married a white female, my mom would in the back of her mind and not out loud, hate her guts and to an extent my children too.

Luminate said:
I'm black, GF is Asian, my brother and sister are in a relationship with others outside our race, my dad is half-Chinese. Family just taught me to be with whoever makes you happy.
im counting on you to spreading the blasian invasian!

Bleepey

Raguel said:
I though this thread was was about Oreos. Seriously. My mind just skipped to the oreos part. What a dumb and misleading title. Anyways, on topic, I've never had an issue dating outside my "race." No one should. I'm asian and I've dated almost every "race." The most annoying were, not surprisingly, asian girls. I am hugely turned off by asian girls.

Edit: I actually have a date with a Haitian coming up. She's a real cutie.

Kuro Madoushi said:
2. I'm Chinese and even I don't want to date Chinese girls (other Asians yes, Chinese no). I've also seen enough to know not a lot of girls want Chinese guys.
y.
Lol, what's with the asian girl hate?

Anyhow black guy here: I lost my virginity to a Chinese girl (fob) but she did not have a strong accent. The first girl i ever went out on a date with was Mauritian and i still lust after her curves to this day. She however payed hot and cold so much it was annoying. I had yellow fever for a brief phase during uni and a little while after. I don't know why i kinda just found Asian girl sexy. The Chinese girls at my uni i think thought i thought they were servile or some shit, lord knows why, and i once got rushed (somewhat playfully0 by a girl i knew. One of my boys was a Ghanaian guy in a long term relationship with a Chinese girl told me of some of the shit he went through with her as well as her dad. He was a medical student and her dad still hated him. He also told me of some of the dumb shit she did, i saw this Korean chick cheat on her man (some black dude who wanted to wife her up and she got scared since she was younger) and rumours of other girls doing scurvy shit. if i ever thought Asian girls were these cute girls who did not get up to anything, i realised from uni that that's far from the case. As for my to her dating history, i have gone out on dates with everything. I used to be scared shitless of talking to white girls cos my parents drummed into me the things they 'd do to me if i dated a white girl. I now don't care and talk to girls of every ethnicity. I have slept with a girl of almost every race although not a black girl curiously enough. It's not like i don't fancy black girls or that they don't like me, it just hasn't happened. My friends at uni game me so shit for not going for this black girl who was apparently crazy over me, but i was too concerned with a non-black girl who was not all that into me. I still laugh about it to this day. "Bleepey, you have the perfect black girl wanting your knob. Smart, intelligent sexy, non-ghetto, curvey with a great womanly body and probably the sexiest black girl in our uni if not the sexiest girls in our school. And you go for a girl who is not interested in you and is no where near as cute. This is how i know you're gonna marry a Chinese girl. You fool!" Nowadays i mostly seem to get white girls numbers. Now that's surprising. My pre-uni self only looked at black girls, my uni-self pretty mostly tried and failed to talk to oriental girls and my post-uni self just does not give a fuck.

-PXG-

Bleepey said:

Anyhow black guy here: I lost my virginity to a Chinese girl (fob) but she did not have a strong accent. The first girl i ever went out on a date with was Mauritian and i still lust after her curves to this day. She however payed hot and cold so much it was annoying. I had yellow fever for a brief phase during uni and a little while after. I don't know why i kinda just found Asian girl sexy. The Chinese girls at my uni i think thought i thought they were servile or some shit, lord knows why, and i once got rushed (somewhat playfully0 by a girl i knew. One of my boys was a Ghanaian guy in a long term relationship with a Chinese girl told me of some of the shit he went through with her as well as her dad. He was a medical student and her dad still hated him. He also told me of some of the dumb shit she did, i saw this Korean chick cheat on her man (some black dude who wanted to wife her up and she got scared since she was younger) and rumours of other girls doing scurvy shit. if i ever thought Asian girls were these cute girls who did not get up to anything, i realised from uni that that's far from the case. As for my to her dating history, i have gone out on dates with everything. I used to be scared shitless of talking to white girls cos my parents drummed into me the things they 'd do to me if i dated a white girl. I now don't care and talk to girls of every ethnicity. I have slept with a girl of almost every race although not a black girl curiously enough. It's not like i don't fancy black girls or that they don't like me, it just hasn't happened. My friends at uni game me so shit for not going for this black girl who was apparently crazy over me, but i was too concerned with a non-black girl who was not all that into me. I still laugh about it to this day. "Bleepey, you have the perfect black girl wanting your knob. Smart, intelligent sexy, non-ghetto, curvey with a great womanly body and probably the sexiest black girl in our uni if not the sexiest girls in our school. And you go for a girl who is not interested in you and is no where near as cute. This is how i know you're gonna marry a Chinese girl. You fool!" Nowadays i mostly seem to get white girls numbers. Now that's surprising. My pre-uni self only looked at black girls, my uni-self pretty mostly tried and failed to talk to oriental girls and my post-uni self just does not give a fuck.

I hope you typed this out on an iPad or something. God damn.

Bleepey said:

i swear the black/asian and the white/black interracial stories are the funniest shit you'll ever read, haha

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Archer said:
I stopped going out with girls of my ethnicity a long, long, long time ago.

My long term gf is Persian.
You don't know what you're missing.

She's very pretty. Great smile.
Damn. Persian girls are fucking smoking. If I ever bag one, I will be able to die as an accomplished man.

-PXG-

Black Republican said:
i swear the black/asian and the white/black interracial stories are the funniest shit you'll ever read, haha

The father of the last girl I dated was afraid of me. I just knew it. Just the look in his eyes....I imagine he had nightmares of me tearing his daughter's pussy apart with my massive black cock. I'd tell her that and she'd laugh her ass off.

jaypah

I'm black my girlfriend is white. Previously I dated multiple races, mostly black though. Never really had a preference, just whoever I'm attracted to at the time. My current relationship has been the best 3 years of my life and we're going to get married some day. Both of our families have accepted us with open arms so no drama there either. We've had some rude moments in public with strangers judging us but considering we're in the South (new Orleans) it's not as bad as people think it is.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
robert_de_niro_wife.jpg

EDIT: Too late, but still.

I'm black and grew up in the burbs, so by coincidence my first girlfriend was white. Being raised in a highly integrated community exposed me to many different cultures at a young age. I've basically had my share of everything. I just can't see myself exclusively dating one ethnicity of women, nor could I imagine myself being exclusively attracted to one either.

Dabanton

I'm black. I have gone out with most girls went through a period of serious asian obsession been out and been in :D women of

Indian
Pakistani
Chinese
South Korean
Japanese
Lots of women of different european standards both black and white.

I just love women i can't say i have a 'type'. Maybe growing up in london makes it less strange because there are so many chances to come across many different ladies and hang out.

captmcblack said:
Also, my current girlfriend is Hispanic and I'm black.
My previous girlfriends were black women and white women.
I don't discriminate. No one ever should.
seriously? not dating certain kinds of people is discrimination?
if you truly think that and don't date men, ugly girls and fatties i've got some bad news for you...

as for me, i'm white and only attracted to white and hispanic girls
black and asian girls do nothing for me, barring certain very rare exceptions

Air

Banned
scar tissue said:
seriously? not dating certain kinds of people is discrimination?
if you truly think that and don't date men, ugly girls and fatties i've got some bad news for you...

as for me, i'm white and only attracted to white and hispanic girls
black and asian girls do nothing for me, barring certain very rare exceptions

He's basically saying keep an open mind in regards to who you pursue. Because yes we all subconsciously discriminate, like you said with fatties, etc, but because we do that already, why must you narrow it down even more? Eventually when you do enough of it you'll shrink your dating pool to something ridiculously small. Think about it of all the 3.5 billion women or so, if you are an average male (lets say in america with a population pool of about 308 million people). If you stay in the states, but are able to travel to any which state you please, than you already have a pool of 308 million people. That's fine right, but only if you're bisexual. Let's assume half of that are females. So about 154 million females to select from. Not bad, but the pool is getting smaller. How many of those woman are of legal age, or an age desirable for sexual activity?

If you're starting to understand than you realize that your pool of woman suitable for you get smaller and smaller. So let's say you only date Indian woman between the ages of 18-50. That selection pool is EXTREMELY TINY. By pursuing such rare woman, and cutting off the other few millions, you're making life for yourself needlessly stressful. People usually say "oh I can never find the girl for me". Those people are so picky that their pool of women can only take up a n incredibly small fraction of the population.

So maybe mc phrased it wrong, and a better way would be to say: "Don't discriminate more than you already subconsciously do".

I hope you understand, and if you need me to elaborate I will try

EDIT: Another example is if you're only into white girls, but somehow all the ones you ever dated, never seemed to jive with you. But you meet a black girl who you say you're not attracted to, but her personality melds very well with you. You would be doing YOURSELF a disservice by ignoring such a compatible mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom