• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch Gaming |Thread4| NOT Doomed

Status
Not open for further replies.

biocat

71Angry_Birds_Space_Logo.png

2 (Us only) codes avaialble. PM me and quote this. First come, first served....

Thanks a lot!

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
What's the point of making that picture so huge? Are you getting paid to dish these out?

Seriously, can't we have another thread for giveaways?

Hereafter

Finally!

jDXzqbvfq65qF.jpg

Some quick tips:

Range heroes are very useful in the beginning. Melee heroes are useless.
Barracks are not that useful

Big Bertha > Tesla Towers
Rangers > Muskets

Edit: Skydrive link didn't work. The picture is of my 75/75 stars in Kingdom Rush. Best TD game on IOS.

The iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch Gaming Code Giveaway |Thread 5| CODES!

:p

mods dont seem to care. we had our fun with the whole posting pics and quoting and whatnot(ill even stop pics altogether and stick with PMs only). but people are going to complain no matter what. until we've been forced out the topic for our acts of GOODWILL, we'll be here letting people have codes.

The day my kindness is relegated to a thread designed for beggars is the day I stop being kind.

you have a better way with words than i do......

PaulLFC

mods dont seem to care. we had our fun with the whole posting pics and quoting and whatnot(ill even stop pics altogether and stick with PMs only). but people are going to complain no matter what. until we've been forced out the topic for our acts of GOODWILL, we'll be here letting people have codes.

you have a better way with words than i do......
I'm only joking, I have no problem with it personally, although as I'm not in the US I don't get much chance with the codes anyway unless I can be bothered juggling two accounts, which I can't most of the time.

The only thing slightly annoying is the picture quoting, but that's not so much the fault of the code sharers as it is the people who quote the posts.

cackhyena

Finally!

jDXzqbvfq65qF.jpg

Some quick tips:

Rangers > Muskets

Edit: Skydrive link didn't work. The picture is of my 75/75 stars in Kingdom Rush. Best TD game on IOS.

Good things to know. I've only just begun playing and am about 5 levels in. This game really keeps you on your toes. Def agree it's the best on iOS. I kept thinking it would be useless to save up stars for heroes at all seeing all there was to upgrade.

Heel

Yep. I do get that it can be an issue but even when I was iPod only I wanted apps to be universal. Ticket to Ride grrr.

The worst thing is when the separate apps don't have feature parity.

I almost want to get TTR Pocket for the iPad because it has async multiplayer. Haven't been able to put together a live game on the iPad version.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
The day my kindness is relegated to a thread designed for beggars is the day I stop being kind.

The day my shilling is relegated to a thread designed for freeloaders is the day I stop being a shill.

We hopefully have our next game coming out this week, and GAF might get a code or two. I'm working on how we will give them away exactly using a method that satisfies all. Game will launch at a $1.99 price point too so they are twice as valuable as normal! (not to mention the game is universal with Retina support)

fuck this PM shit. no disrespect to those who asked. but im not giving out codes and going through a box of pms. ill just stick to 'quote to reveal'....

The day my shilling is relegated to a thread designed for freeloaders is the day I stop being a shill.

I'm working on how we will give them away exactly using a method that satisfies all.

the problem is these guys say they want devs to give away codes, but secretly they dont. code giving is getting in the way of 'heated discussions'. i just sifted through and answered 10 people in my PM box asking for codes(i only had 1 code to give). i can only imagine how worse it would be for you. you wont be able to satify all the people complaining cause each has their own level of how they feel the thread should be.....

all i can ask of you is to keep being generous, we appreciate it.

I have one in the shelf that we bought for the company. Tried it out for 15 minutes, realized the colors are pretty fucked up (way too saturated, like areally bad cheap lcd tv - the reds look like they are about to explode, very surprised that it's not talked abot that much. it's especially surprising as apple's screens are always so nice), put in the box again, will start using it when we're further along with our next ios game. until then, I'll just continue to use my ipad 2. iPad 3/new ipad/whatever they are calling it is definitely the least impressive and unecessery apple device I've ever tried out.

I thought I noticed reds being pushed slightly more when I switched from iPad 2 to iPad 3rd gen (sadly no side by side comparison was possible since the iPad 2 left my hands the day before the iPad 3rd gen launch) but either I got used to it or it was a problem that was resolved over time. I remember reading some units shipped without having allowed the adhesives between the glass layers to cure properly which caused some brightness/color distortion for a few weeks.

I also turned the brightness way down from the default because it was burning my eyes, which seems to help a lot.

I can't agree on it being an unnecessary upgrade, from the standpoint of someone who uses it to read most of the time. The insane DPI makes for a night and day difference in text rendering, and I can't see myself ever going back.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I find all the jabs with giant and tiny pictures to be hilarious but I hope we get a red name (Stump?) laying down the law on the code giveaways soon because this discussion has been on and off for days and it sometimes gives the thread a weird vibe.

This thread is definitely a different beast and I personally don't mind them being in here like they've always been. It's just as cyclical as people dropping by and asking "what's the best ___" or "I just got an ____ and" like someone pointed in another post. I don't think it gets in the way of anything, really.

I find all the jabs with giant and tiny pictures to be hilarious but I hope we get a red name (Stump?) laying down the law on the code giveaways soon because this discussion has been on and off for days and it sometimes gives the thread a weird vibe.

This thread is definitely a different beast and I personally don't mind them being in here like they've always been. It's just as cyclical as people dropping by and asking "what's the best ___" or "I just got an ____ and" like someone pointed in another post. I don't think it gets in the way of anything, really.

Spot on with how I feel. And I know what you mean by the weird vibe. It's odd seeing arguments like that in here.

Captain N

Finally!

jDXzqbvfq65qF.jpg

Some quick tips:

Rangers > Muskets

Kingdom Rush is only on iPad?

People complained.

I've no problem with you giving your own games away.

If we're going to have two pages a day of people posting random codes and people quoting to say the codes have gone and other people quoting to say they've redeemed a code, I don't see why it can't sustain its own thread. It's just so tiresome now, it's making me want to avoid this thread when it was one of my favourite threads on GAF, because I know when I come in there's going to be nothing of worth to read.

Give codes their own thread, then this thread can go back to actually discussing iOS games like it used to, I don't really see why that'd be a problem. There's a code giveaway thread for Steam and XBLA and PSN, why should iOS be any different?

Either that or can we have a new iOS gaming thread where we discuss games, and then people can do whatever the fuck they want in this thread.

If we're going to have two pages a day of people posting random codes and people quoting to say the codes have gone and other people quoting to say they've redeemed a code, I don't see why it can't sustain its own thread. It's just so tiresome now, it's making me want to avoid this thread when it was one of my favourite threads on GAF, because I know when I come in there's going to be nothing of worth to read.

Give codes their own thread, then this thread can go back to actually discussing iOS games like it used to, I don't really see why that'd be a problem. There's a code giveaway thread for Steam and XBLA and PSN, why should iOS be any different?

Either that or can we have a new iOS gaming thread where we discuss games, and then people can do whatever the fuck they want in this thread.

Ok so can we please also keep out the page long discussions on Kairosoft games? Because I don't like those and it makes the thread pointless for me.

I don't remember the code giving quotes ever stopping the flow of a conversation about ios games. Classic case of making something out of nothing

Ok so can we please also keep out the page long discussions on Kairosoft games? Because I don't like those and it makes the thread pointless for me.

lol, bless.

Discussion about Kairosoft games interests 150 people for every 50 people that skip past. Two posts about a code giveaway are good for one single person and pointless to the other 199.

Can you seriously think of a single good reason why codes shouldn't be dumped in another thread?

QP3

Hope this is the correct thread...

I need a new phone and will be getting a smartphone. That said, how does gaming on the iPhone compare to gaming on an android phone? Thanks!

I am currently leaning toward the iPhone

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I don't remember the code giving quotes ever stopping the flow of a conversation about ios games. Classic case of making something out of nothing
It's just that it's gotten worse and made the flow of conversation a bit harder to have. Not to give you my sob story, but I've been stuck in the hospital for the last 100 days, and the only way I get to view GAF is on a terrible Internet connection via its mobile site on an iPad, and it really does affect how easy it is to follow actual conversation. I'm not trying to be a bother, but I didn't think that asking this simple request would get people mocking it. I feel bad I even brought it up.

It's just that it's gotten worse and made the flow of conversation a bit harder to have. Not to give you my sob story, but I've been stuck in the hospital for the last 100 days, and the only way I get to view GAF is on a terrible Internet connection via its mobile site on an iPad, and it really does affect how easy it is to follow actual conversation. I'm not trying to be a bother, but I didn't think that asking this simple request would get people mocking it. I feel bad I even brought it up.

I hope you get well, but the irony in all this is that YOU have stopped the flow of iOS gaming talk

GeekyDad

Also Spider Bryce Manor (iPhone and HD) by the same devs will be dropping to $0.99 ... sales on all these titles scheduled for tomorrow / later tonight.

Ah dang, looks like I'll have to get both. That one's been on my Appshopper wish list too. Meant to check it out last time it went on sale, but there's so many...fucking...games to play. Shit's startin' to feel like work. :p

Heel

These paragraph long rants are about the size of pictures, and probably outnumber them to boot. Can you guys stop clogging the thread? I'd quote them but I don't want to be a part of the problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom