• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The J Pitts Show w/ DJ Nicerec f. Jerome, and Zemba a Hip Hop Podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocwell

http://jpittsshow.com/

http://jpittsshow.com/meet-the-crew/

pitts-00_mini-480x396-420x300.jpg
nice.rec-00_mini-480x396.jpg

jerome-000_mini-480x396.jpg
zemba-01_mini-480x396-420x300.jpg

Hey I just wanted to big up this podcast I've been listening to . I don't think there's ever been a thread made about it but I know there's a hip hop loving contingent on gaf, and I've been listening to it for years but tonight just listening in the background kinda thinking about it, and this is probably one of the definitive pieces of Hip Hop Music documentation that's been done that I can think of so far, and it kills me to think that they might not make another episode.

The site is literally falling off the internet as we speak, it's working for right now but it's been up and down periodically on the homepage so it might not be around for much longer. I'm trying to make an archive of every episode so it can be preserved somewhere at least on the internet, but for now you should go hit up the site.

I love listening to the music they play but, even more than that it's serious discussions about Hip Hop and List Wars and random drunk bullshit that's so fun to listen to. You feel like one of the homies, with these guys shooting the breeze on these intermissions. It's one of my top five things in the world right now.

These guys had over 200 episodes featuring a great breadth of different styles and history, featuring episodes not just of random mixes but episodes dedicated to artist's discographies, holiday themed episodes, 9/11 memorial instrumentals. If you really love Hip Hop J Pitts has something for you.

There's an episode like right around the time when J Dilla dropped either the Shining or Donuts and J Pitts was kind of lukewarm to it at first blush and like all these years later was like "Damn what were people thinking back then? That shit was like Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel for J Dilla. It might not be your favorite but it was a defining piece for his career. That's like saying yo Leonardo was pretty good when he was fresh but he fell the fuck off later." While he was actually painting that shit lol

I've started going to concerts more recently and these guys were a big influence that got me into it, and just in the past month I saw Slum Village with Guilty Simpson live playing J Dilla beats and Heiroglyphics performing with the original members closing with Motherfucking Gorrillaz Clint Eastwood with the whole crowd singing along OMG that shit was an epiphany for me lol.

So give it a listen tell me what you decided to check out to my recommendation is Episode 202
the guys gave me a shoutout on the internet about 18 minutes in for liking them on facebook and it was probably the most surreal thing that's ever happened to me lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom