• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Exposing German Hops

Sleepwalker

As it happens to be, usually when I get bored I start pondering on random stuff. As I reflected on the events of this past few weeks my brain started connecting the very scattered dots, you see these events might seem completely unrelated to each other but once you look into it with a keen investigative eye the truth begins to appear.

Let me start with an introduction for those who aren't aware:

"Who exactly is German Hops German Hops ?"

German Hops is a relatively new member to the GAF community having joined in 2019, despite this he has quickly risen the GAF ranks and has accumulated a gargantuan 12,215 posts and a mighty 31,938 reaction score. Over this period of time he has been able to cement himself as one of GAF's most famous (or infamous) posters. Clearly this person is not a beginner when it comes to online communities.

Sleep are you on drugs? Where the fuck are you going with this.

This is going somewhere, I promise. but I need to lay down the introductory facts before explaining my theory in depth.

German Hops recent erratic behavior is not actually erratic, he has been leaving breadcrumbs for us all along.

Some of you might remember his recent threads in the off topic section over the past few weeks but I will reference them for clarity:

In this thread he expresses his desire to steal his coworkers lunch and is looking for validation online, he clearly doesn't like his place of work or the people he works(ed) with. He's lashing out and wants to get it off his chest but can't really go into detail for fear of doxxing himself and sharing too much about his work (this becomes important later on). Fast forward to the next day and we get this thread from him.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/im-tired-of-being-the-nice-guy-at-work.1660328/

In this thread we get to take a deeper look at the German Hops German Hops persona, his motivations (or lack thereof) and his hatred for his place of work, he doesn't care about the company or his coworkers and doesn't care to socialize with them, this I find understandable should my theory be true, as the place of work I believe he worked at comes across as very unpleasant on social media.

and finally this one:

The big showdown, the culmination of the events over the past few months and threads that lead him here, his coworkers have gone after his head. In the end, in this thread, he pays for his "mistakes" with his job. A sad event.

Now that the introduction has been laid out, let me get into the meat and potatoes:

German hops and the current gaming landscape.

Based on these previous facts and the suspicious timing of everything that has happened recently, I have no more choice than to believe that German Hops German Hops is or was a high ranking employee at Microsoft corporation, particularly Xbox. His disdain for his boss (Phil Spencer) and his coworkers (Sarah Bond, Aaron greenberg, Jason Ronald), his hatred for the many evangelization events at microsoft and having to pose as the good guy in gaming finally got the best of him.

Was German Hops actually stealing lunches?

See I believe German here is under heavy NDA's so he came up with a way to talk to us in code, when he talked about stealing lunches he was actually collecting private and confidential data on Xbox, his bosses and the inner workings at Xbox. He was actually preparing a killswitch in case he got stabbed in the back by one of his coworkers (probably greenberg). I believe he spent the better part of his last days at Xbox (from August 26th to september 13th) collecting emails, letters, powerpoint presentations and every type of communication he had access to within the company servers. Of course we have seen the magnitude of the leaks so he couldn't have been some minor level employee, he was probably a very high ranking executive.

The timeline of events

- ??? to August 2023

We have no idea when German joined Xbox but probably after he joined GAF, we only do know that things reached a boiling point in August 2023, 2022 and 2023 in particular have been very difficult years for Xbox (no exclusives, activision acquisition problems, court leaks and what not)

- August 26, 2023

Hops makes his thread about stealing "lunches"

- August 27, 2023

Hops makes his thread about being tired of being the nice guy, this show us he was still conflicted about going in the warpath, however this wouldn't last long.

- September 13, 2023

Hops is summoned into Phil Spencer's (P3) office, in short, he gets fired. Phil Spencer is famous for making major mistakes as head of Xbox, however this one would prove to be very costly. Hops puts his plan in motion. Before exiting XBOX offices forever, he takes his killswitch and uses a different employee's computer in order to upload it to the FTC's public website. The dynamite is set and the Doomsday close ticks ever so closely to nuclear fallout.

- September 14-18, 2023

I believe Hops used this time to decompress and give thought to the small things in life, he probably gained a new appreciation for things, but more importantly he sent anonymous tips to gaming journalits pointing them towards the site where he hid the documents. Nothing to do but sit down and wait.

September 19, 2023 Hell lets loose

The xbox leaks have hit the mainstream, many rejoice, many console wars explode in intensity, many cry, Spencer wants to buy Nintendo? Xbox once more becomes a laughing stock. Many will probably lose their jobs and perhaps legal action will occur.

For a more detailed view of the events, you can check this thread:

September 20, 2023

After presumably spending his whole day laughing like a maniac watching his old boss and coworker scramble to save their business, eating some delicious food and partaking in his favorite drinks. Hops posts a disguised celebratory thread asking people if they are going to buy Xbox shitty series X revision for a final laugh. The threads goes exactly as planned by him.

I believe the facts speak for themselves, but do let me know your thoughts, GAF.

FIN.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Always Sunny Reaction GIF

Or it could all be true? What do I know ?

Last edited:

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
What about the thread where he complained about his co-workers calling him out for being lazy not because he's not lazy but because he got called out for it. How does that tie in? Oh and the fact that he doesn't bathe often cause it makes him ill? You have to tie up the loose ends.

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

What about the thread where he complained about his co-workers calling him out for being lazy not because he's not lazy but because he got called out for it. How does that tie in? Oh and the fact that he doesn't bathe often cause it makes him ill? You have to tie up the loose ends.

Not bathing often goes in line with the community guidelines at xbox HQ

CjfH2HkUUAAE1pg.jpg

As for him being mad that someone called him lazy, the workplace was probably just toxic to begin with. Is he really lazy or did his bosses fail to motivate him properly?

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Given his username, Is he even really German who works at a brewery? or is that a lie too ?

How far does this rabbit hole go ?!?

I mean someone lying on the internet. I’d never thought I’d see the day. Oh the Hugh manatee

Disgusted Design GIF

Last edited:
I saw German Hops at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Sleepwalker

I saw German Hops at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Huh, I had this same experience with Charles Martinet the other day

Pretty much this but also I saw Charles Martinet at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” in his classic Mario voice, I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “Oki doki? letsago? oki doki?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me while saying "letsago". I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning in Mario's voice really loud.

Last edited:

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
I don’t understand this thread.

Is it supposed to be bants or funny?

If it’s a personal thread and you’re all friends offline, use the private messaging functionality or chat amongst yourselves on WhatsApp.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I don’t understand this thread.

Is it supposed to be bants or funny?

If it’s a personal thread and you’re all friends offline, use the private messaging functionality or chat amongst yourselves on WhatsApp.
Magic Fingers Family GIF

You just got to believe!!!

Top Bottom