• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will you end buying the new Series X Refresh ?

Will you buy the newly designed Series X ?

• Yes

Votes: 34 7.1%
  • No

Votes: 417 86.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 31 6.4%

• Total voters

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
The new leaked Xbox Series X is technically unimpressive relative to a high-end PC, but it does have double the internal storage, is adorably all digital, and includes a splendid newly designed controller.

But will that be enough to make you take the plunge come holiday 2024?
Or will you simply skip over Microsoft's mid gen refresh?

xbox-xbox-series-x.gif

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Wifi 6 is cool n all, and would allow me to set my router to AX Only, but naw.

I have to use Mixed because the Series X doesn't have wifi 6, but the PS5 does.

Last edited:

JackMcGunns

The situation with the Xbox One and One S, I don't see anyone buying an S if they already bought the One. The only real upgrade was the Xbox One X, otherwise that shit is reserved for new Xbox purchases, likewise, no one with a PS3 fatty, with the 4-usb ports, card readers and hardware BC upgraded to a slim, or regular PS4 to slim.

Kings Field

Yes. I gave my series X to my nephew recently and I figure if it comes out next holiday or so that will be good. I only buy physical on PS and Nintendo so this is good for me.

dem

Eh Probably not.

I only upgraded from the Xbox One to the One S because the original One was noisy as fuck.

Not really much reason to upgrade to a refresh Series X.

If there was a Series X Pro I'd upgrade.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Mid gen refreshes are for a small minority, there are several people that skipped this gen but now see the mid gen refresh as a potential option.

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
If anything I will buy one of the last releases of the standard x before they phase them out and keep it in the box

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
Never got a Xbox console, and this one do not have any reason to tempt me. If the rumors of a early next gen Xbox are true, maybe that one will do the trick?

I'll get it if the Series X fat trade-in value is good. The storage and controller will be nice upgrades. Hopefully they pivot and release at $399, though.

Last edited:

GHG

Not Gonna Happen No Way GIF by FaZe Clan

Here's who gets my money for hardware:

Nvidia - whatever the next flagship GPU is.

Sony - PS5 Pro

Nintendo - Switch 2

Steam - Deck 2 and the next VR headset

Facebook - Quest 3

The above covers everything I could ever need across all of gaming. Phil, if you're reading this, ya fucked it up.

No. What would be the point. It has more internal storage; big deal, I have a 2TB SSD card. It might be smaller and cylindrical; big deal, I like the existing box design which suits the name 'Xbox'. The leaked specs suggest there will no CPU or GPU improvements, which is the main reason I would have upgraded, and it removes the disc drive which is the killer for me as a collector of physical media.

And if you ask me the same question about the PS5 Slim, which I suspect will not be a Pro enhanced model either, then I will say exactly the same.

Last edited:

Marvel14

Banned
Think I'm swearing off Microsoft videoame products for the foreseeable future. Don't want to encourage their network monopoly ambitions and all.that...

Muffdraul

It still weirds me out that I never bought an Xbox One X, even though that model actually did add some horsepower. But in this case, no, I see absolutely no reason why I'd bother since I already have a perfectly good Series X that's only a little over a year old.

I'm absolutely thrilled with the new storage and sleek design. Xbox truly understands my preferences, offering tailored game suggestions. Going digital has not only been a breeze but also more cost-effective. Thanks to Xbox, I haven't missed physical discs one bit. 💚👬👫🙅‍♂️

We're elated to hear that you're enjoying the enhanced storage capacity and sleek design of the new Xbox! Tailored game suggestions are just one of the many ways we strive to personalize your gaming experience. Embracing the digital era not only streamlines your gaming journey but also offers a cost-effective advantage. We're delighted to have made the transition from physical discs seamless for you. Your support and enthusiasm mean the world to us! 💚🎮🌟

Mossybrew

Eh, I've been waiting for a compelling reason to buy an XBox, maybe by this time next year there might be one? So maybe.

Top Bottom