• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is it okay to steal your co-workers' lunch?

Is it okay to steal your co-workers' lunch?

• Yes

Votes: 9 3.4%
  • No

Votes: 193 73.7%
  • If I hate them, it's fine.

Votes: 14 5.3%
  • What?

Votes: 46 17.6%

• Total voters

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
Do you ever hear, "Has anyone seen my ham sandwich? I just left it here about an hour ago?" Or, "Who took my hot Cheetos out my lunch bag?"

Certain co-workers, no matter how much they have to eat, have no respect for other people's food and are always swiping food or drinks at the workplace.

It's me, I do that... I'm certain co-workers.

Sorry.

200w.gif

Last edited:

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I've never really had that happen or would even think of doing it, and I would be setting up an elaborate sting operation if it happened to me. If they are an asshole I'd say it is OK though.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Do you ever hear, "Has anyone seen my ham sandwich? I just left it here about an hour ago?" Or, "Who took my hot Cheetos out my lunch bag?"

Certain co-workers, no matter how much they have to eat, have no respect for other people's food and are always swiping food or drinks at the workplace.

Sorry.

200w.gif
No because they could be broke and that was their meal they budgeted for etc and you ate it.

i think lunch especially home made is one of those things you just don’t cross the line on.

Last edited:

BlackTron

The word steal is key to this quandary.

I have had people take my pizza my chicken and my coffee creamer all because they wanted it.

I use the Xbox mini fridge for my creamer in my office.

But what if they hate you? In some jurisdictions, this status condition makes it "fine"

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
Back in 2000 I was working in a call centre and some employees started reporting to management some of their lunches were being scavenged.

My friend even sent an email after a handful of cold spaghetti was snatched from his tupperware 😆

They finally caught the culprit. She was a sweet old aunty with 20 years seniority.

She had a work leave with some psych consulting. Turns out she would just raid the fridge & impulsively just grab anything and eat it.

When she came back she was pretty much ostracized.
And then I quit this place because fuck call centres 😁

BlackTron

No. And if I were the rule of Earth I would make it a law that the coworker who had his lunch stolen can fucking murder the shit out of the perpetrator and display the perpetrator's innards publicly in the company forum.

Whoa. Thought you were gonna say the coworker who had his lunch stolen can be compensated with 3 free lunches by the perpetrator or something like that.

reinking

Gold Member
Several years ago we had a dude that was stealing lunches. We literally had to install a security camera to figure it out. He was bringing his lunch in daily, a frozen meal, and he would swap it with another that was someone else's in the freezer. He rotated frozen lunches so nobody would catch on that it was him because they all knew he brought his lunch in each day. It was a nice run for a few years but then it cost him his job.

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
Several years ago we had a dude that was stealing lunches. We literally had to install a security camera to figure it out. He was bringing his lunch in daily, a frozen meal, and he would swap it with another that was someone else's in the freezer. He rotated frozen lunches so nobody would catch on that it was him because they all knew he brought his lunch in each day. It was a nice run for a few years but then it cost him his job.
I don't understand it! Is it a little "fuck you" to society or something? A chance to be passive-aggressive and get away with something? The behavior seems so alien to me.

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
It was weird. Thing is, this dude was always nice to everyone. I really think it was just him thinking he was smarter than everyone else and he did it just to get away with it. He had a good run.
Grrrr... no, dude-stealing-lunches; most people could be evil if they wanted to. Preying on the good nature of people that dictates how we operate as a society doesn't make you smart. It makes you an evil asshole. See, if he was actually smart, he would've gotten away with it even after the camera was installed, but he didn't.

Last edited:

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Stealing work lunch is like a quadruple crime, man. The first wrong is the stealing, but then by time they find out they won't have time to get a different lunch, so then they will be hungry and angry so the rest of the workday will suck, then trying to immediately recover from starvation and shitty day will be cutting into their limited evening time that they could have enjoyed in a more balanced manner. It's just an absolute asshole thing to do to someone.

BlackTron

Stealing work lunch is like a quadruple crime, man. The first wrong is the stealing, but then by time they find out they won't have time to get a different lunch, so then they will be hungry and angry so the rest of the workday will suck, then trying to immediately recover from starvation and shitty day will be cutting into their limited evening time that they could have enjoyed in a more balanced manner. It's just an absolute asshole thing to do to someone.

B b but I get to do the Dr. Evil pinky! omg I'm sooo nefarious how many ppl think it's cute and funny? Ima make a poll

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day

Sorry.

200w.gif
By your own admission You don't shower, you're lazy and you steal co-workers food? What in the actual fuck? 🤣 how do u still have a job?

Top Bottom