• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King of Fighters XIV |OT| ¡VIVA REY DE DINOSAURIOS!

Amedo310

April 5th for Whip release. That leaves enough time for three more weekly character trailers.
I hope they are get release at the same time or really close to each other.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
April 5th for Whip release. That leaves enough time for three more weekly character trailers.
I hope they are get release at the same time or really close to each other.

I do wonder about that. If they need time to work on them, it could take longer... SFV takes 2 months between characters, for example. If they are to release around the same time, I'd love to see a bundle priced set for getting everything.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
C6ebjjZU0AAK4Ip.jpg:large

Pretty embarrassing to be whipped in view of your own followers.

BadWolf

Btw the art director said via twitter that instead of going for realism with how the whip looks they worked to make it easier to see during gameplay.

Pretty embarrassing to be whipped in view of your own followers.

Lol, knowing him he probably had some kind of enlightenment during that.

Vyse24

The more I look at it, the more I'm certain the middle character in the picture is Vanessa. Tall build, short-looking hair, and what looks like long pants that goes down to the top of the shoes all fit the profile of her.

As far as the one on the right goes, I'm 99% sure it's Yamazaki. Massive build, short hair, and it looks like his hand is being covered with something. Once we see more of his outline, I'll be ready to move it up to 100%.

I find it interesting that a lot of the predictions for the remaining DLC are mostly female characters. If we really end up getting Whip, Blue Mary, Vanessa and Yamazaki as our four DLC characters, then that would be really neat; nearly 100% of the DLC would be female characters.

I think one of these DLC characters will end up being Shingo or Rock Howard(just for popularity's sake).

stn

I'll be buying this to support SNK even though I'm not a Whip fan. I'm personally hoping for Yamazaki, Rock, Rick Strowd, or Krauser.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I'd actually rather see Aldeheid than Rock at this point. So little representation of a KoF Staple (Rugal), but we've already got a lot of things to remind us of Rock in the game (including, but not limited to, his awesome father).

Whippy's turned out well enough for me to personally be happy already, but I'm totally looking forward to how everyone else turns out, and who they are.

If Mary and Yamazaki both manage to get in together, I hope they get some nod to their "97 Special Team" with Billy. Vanessa, Mary, and Ramon could also form a Nostalgic to XI team...

I hope these new guys get to come with some special intros as well. We need a bit more than Billy's bow to the Howard!

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
shermie_dancing.gif

Probably a dude this time? C'mon... LIN? *shrug* Would they blow the Yamazaki so early on? Are all character DLC releasing at the same time? Will we see more than just this character? How about the incoming stages?

latest

Loona

Probably a dude this time? C'mon... LIN? *shrug* Would they blow the Yamazaki so early on? Are all character DLC releasing at the same time? Will we see more than just this character? How about the incoming stages?

Yamazaki's the most obvious one out that outline, might as well get that out of the way while introducing an oft-requested character, and the can ride the anticipation and specilation for the 2 remaining less obvious characters for a while - at least to me that makes some modicum of sense.

Pompadour

There's 3 more DLC characters to reveal, 3 Wednesdays before the Wednesday release date of Whip, and Whip's trailer was released last Wednesday. I think all characters will be revealed before April 5th and there's a good chance we get all of them at once.

yella

Any word on who the next character is? Don't have a Twitter account and have been checking here every hour to see if it was revealed lol

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Hmm, no Release date or price in THIS email, unlike the Whip one. HMMMM.

Ryuji looks FANTASTIC. I'm glad they gave him something silly like multi-object beatdowns. Also notice how his CDM has him shift from Crazy-tounge-out look as he pulls Billy in for the final blows, to calculated and mean. That perfect mix of smooth, violent, and frickin insane.

Also, we see Whip and Yamazaki talking in a story mode sequence. Noice. And the sign he beats Tung with also seems to be a promotion for the Kyokugen Dojo, with a Mr. Karate on it? He beats Mai with an Athena promotional sign, ha.

Great, Great, Great work, really. I love how well they've bough so much of the SNK 2D motion and attack personality into these DLCs. They really are finding their stride with the engine and inner style as they go on. It's refreshing to see.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
No jump to air super..... Of course there's the new version of it, but there was no reason to change that one super.

I'm wondering if he'll have a straight A version and an upward C version... would be nice, but we'll just have to wait and see. I've gotten AA's by that thing SO many times in my life, but I wouldn't mind seeing it still there, ha.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
They do know how to do trailers. Bravo

Yup, also i got the impression that the DLC characters are more refined and better animated than the regular cast.. @__@

Hyun Sai

WOW, my boy is back. I always considered him the best addition of any Fighting game ever in the underrated Fatal Fury 3, I'm especially glad he got his Fatal Fury costume and not the jacket one.

Great trailer, big smile on my face...

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
While I'm more for Mary than 'nessa from a play perspective... from that pic, it'll be nice to see another mature-looking lady in a fighter again. As the fans that started with these fighters grow up, I'll never understand why companies think that at least a female design that's well aged to at least their 30s is a bad idea. The changes in voice tone, character experience, and world perspective should be great to explore more. Not everyone likes youthful neophytes all-the-time, y'know?

It'll be good to have someone to compliment Luong here. I hope she and Nelson get along well, too. And maybe we'll see Seth pop up in a story event or something... (-_-;)

Bonus Screenshot of the What the Heck is Yama Doing t'Day?! AA DM?

C7CEhenV0AAl-at.jpg:orig

BadWolf

I like how he smashes Mai with the Athena sign lol.

He looks great, well animated and they got his facial expressions just right. The white shoes are a nice touch (guessing they are a reference to his white fur coat).

His animation/mannerism is more yakuza like compared to his 2D version.

While I'm more for Mary than 'nessa from a play perspective... from that pic, it'll be nice to see another mature-looking lady in a fighter again. As the fans that started with these fighters grow up, I'll never understand why companies think that at least a female design that's well aged to at least their 30s is a bad idea. The changes in voice tone, character experience, and world perspective should be great to explore more. Not everyone likes youthful neophytes all-the-time, y'know?

Very much agreed, though XIV has been pretty good in this regard since it already has Mature, Luong, Vice, Love Heart etc. I think Zarina might count as well? With Vanessa being in all we need now is Shermie.

But yeah, the more mature ladies the better.

Lame, the guy seriously couldn't wait for a week?

Gotta get them clicks/follows I guess.

Either way, Vanessa being in was expected and pretty damn awesome. I've been waiting forever for her and Angel to come back so XIV got me covered.

Looking forward to seeing her in motion and her move set.

Top Bottom