• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Kingdom Hearts Music Appreciation Thread

GhaleonQ

I prefer Chain Of Memories Game Boy Advance soundtrack to the Playstation 2's. Otherwise, what needs to be said? I haven't listened to the latest 3 (Coded) soundtracks outside of the games, but I trust they're great. So far, 1's my favorite, but I think it's because it included Pinocchio, Peter Pan, and Aladdin. They exhausted my 3 favorite Disney movies in 1 go! Shimomura's the best.

This thread has reminded me that I still would like to get that multi-cd collection that was released a few years back.

I think my favorite track respectively is Sinister Sundown. I have & can listen to it on loop for hours its so calming

hamchan

Great thread. The music is one of the main factors that has me hooked me to the KH series.

Roxas's theme is so great, it makes me feel sorry for the character. His life was too short :(

I can remember that late title card popping up with this theme playing.

Luuuuurve this music. I'm so, so excited to play Birth By Sleep, and I am seriously looking forward to what Shimomura will do on FF Versus XIII. Here's hoping we hear about some more KH projects sometime soonish this year too.

Scarecrow

One of my assignments for my film class in high school was to go to one of the performing arts shows and film it. I was filming some interpretive dance some of the other students were doing for an audience. I was super surprised when the theme to Hollow Bastion (probably my favorite theme from the first game) started up midway through the show and they danced to that. In a later Q&A session, someone asked what it was and the audience laughed when it was revealed to be from a video game.

deathberry

Neo Member
Kickass OP!

While I don't have the time to listen to the whole OST, I do have a playlist set with all versions of Dearly Beloved + Hikari and Passion (and remix versions of both of them) that I listen to once every week religiously.

While I don't care much for the second game, I've played through it a few times only to experience the fantastic boss fights and amazing music that accompanies it. It's a real thrill to have such action packed, intense compositions blasting along with so many of the crazy over-the-top battles throughout the game, especially the second half. It's a shame most games can't seem to get a good match with boss battles and music like this game can.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
When I hear Monochrome Dreams, this image always pops up into my mind:

j8psn7.jpg

man, do i want this mickey image as a tag

El Sloth

Banned
Awesome thread and awesome songs.

Though I'm still partial to Kingdom Hearts more overlooked cousin The World Ends With You OST.

Yoshiya

El Sloth said:
Awesome thread and awesome songs.

Though I'm still partial to Kingdom Hearts more overlooked cousin The World Ends With You OST.
They're both great, but extremely different collections of music. KH is a more traditional soundtrack, while TWEWY is a collection of catchy j-pop. While they both stand as some of my favourite collections of music, I've come to prefer the Nier soundtrack to both of them. Words cannot express how incredibly beautiful and atmospheric that soundtrack is.

El Sloth

Banned
Yoshiya said:
They're both great, but extremely different collections of music. KH is a more traditional soundtrack, while TWEWY is a collection of catchy j-pop. While they both stand as some of my favourite collections of music, I've come to prefer the Nier soundtrack to both of them. Words cannot express how incredibly beautiful and atmospheric that soundtrack is.

It's not all J-pop, but yeah I agree that they are mostly different kinds of music.

Nier? Never heard of it. Mind posting a track from the game or something?

Kyoufu

This thread covers pretty much all the songs I love from the series. Shimomura is my #1 composer of the decade.

However, one track I failed to spot in this entire thread (maybe its under a different name?):

~Tension Rising~

Gets me pumped to play KH2:FM+ again!

edit: oh wait Fim beat me. oh well, still a great track!

J-Rzez

Love the music in this game. After FFXIII, I think they should be investing their time into KH's more. This thread reminds me how bad I want a proper console HD KH3. The series deserves a high powered visual and high quality audio game. Hopefully Sony will throw some money around and get them working on this.

Kard8p3

J-Rzez said:
That they are, unfortunately. It's a series that deserves a high budget sequel. :(

I have a feeling KH3 will come after KH3D so you probably won't have to wait through too many more handheld games (though you'll likely need to play them if you don't want to be confused.)

I'm a huge KH fan but to be honest even if I wasn't I would want more games just so we could get more of this amazing music.

Alucrid

Banned
The opening songs for both I and II are great. I ended up buying both in Japanese and English so I could have both versions.

Top Bottom