• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Guardian |OT| In my memories, the monster always has kind eyes

This game is wonderful so far. I'm curious as to how far I am in the game though.

I just
fell off a tower with Trico after getting attacked by an evil Trico, and I'm now dangling off a tree branch with the world's strongest shirt

Long ways yet. You're probably only 25-30% of the way through.

tSSRlrv.gif

Fuck them up, Trico!

I have more gifs btw, if anyone is interested!

Fuck... Every time this thread gets bumped I always want to do another playthrough, seeing those gifs isn't helping 😂😂😂 trico is amazing

I just finished this game today and while I wasn't crazy about it for most of my play through, the endgame was really good and I finished it with positive impressions

Gonna pick this up when I finish RE7 now that is half price. Since people have been critical of this game but I'm willing to ignore it & make up my own mind. Ben looking forward to this game for a long time & the Gifs really sell me on it.

What's the performance/visuals like on the Pro/4k?

Gonna pick this up when I finish RE7 now that is half price. Since people have been critical of this game but I'm willing to ignore it & make up my own mind. Ben looking forward to this game for a long time & the Gifs really sell me on it.

What's the performance/visuals like on the Pro/4k?

You get a pretty much stable 30fps if you set you Pro to 1080p and occasional dips if you go for the higher resolution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g48ZELS0tyw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq-HUC20ehI

Keep em coming, Karspankey. Any way to clean up the grain though?

Ok! And the grain is a bi-product of using Imgur's video to gif feature. I can post the gif in it's raw format, but you all wouldn't want that as it is 100mb ;)

Currently figuring out how to make a higher quality gif, but one that stays small in size

c0Zm1c

According to Amazon the book has now been delayed to last week in June / first week in July.

Amazon UK still has the 12th June but I got an email from them that updated the delivery estimate to "June 14 2017 - June 15 2017". My order status also updated to "preparing for dispatch"

That's at least in line with this:

Last week they replied to my message saying
Maybe not exactly June 9th but a few days later. The books are shipping to retailers now!

--

Someone beat me to the joke. Its going to get delayed indefinitely till the PS5 comes out.

Till it disappears until its re-announced for the PS5.

It will release when the PS5 comes out to stay consistent with the game

Okay, okay we get it already!

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
So maybe not the best thread for this but there are rumors with some reliable sources saying Sony might show off something related to Shadow of the Colossus. I've heard everything from a PS4 compatible version of the remastered Team Ico collection to a full on remake to SotC or even a sequel. Who know's but I guess we'll see in a few short hours!

Grieves

If they released SotC for the PS4 I'd buy it again.

And yeah, every time I see this thread bumped I keep thinking I must do another play through.

NateDog

Amazon UK still has the 12th June but I got an email from them that updated the delivery estimate to "June 14 2017 - June 15 2017". My order status also updated to "preparing for dispatch"

That's... weird. They emailed me with the updated date, and I ordered it almost the second it appeared on the site.

rhino4evr

So I bought this during the E3 Sale and I think it's amazing. I can't believe I waited this long to play it. I've had little to no problem with the controls, camera, frame rate, etc. The game plays remarkablely well based on all the negative reviews it got. Trico feels like a real living creature, and that alone is amazing in itself.

ScOULaris

@c0Zm1c

Please post more impressions of the book when you get a chance. I'd like to live vicariously through you until mine arrives.

c0Zm1c

@c0Zm1c

Please post more impressions of the book when you get a chance. I'd like to live vicariously through you until mine arrives.

It's a really nice, and nicely laid out book with photos of the devs and from the genDesign studio: there's a chapter profiling each developer asking them what they worked on, what they're most proud of about the game and what their favourite games are. Lots of concept art as you'd expect, both traditional and what appear to be rough 3D concepts (?) and a ton of shots from the game itself. I've still only scratched the surface but it looks like it really digs deep into the design and technical side of the game, which really interests me. A chapter of storyboards for the cutscenes. There's also chapters on ICO and Shadow of the Colossus and also, a reasonably lengthy interview with Fumito Ueda transcribed at the end of the book.

It'll be something to treasure by any fan of the game, and Ueda's games in general I think.

ScOULaris

It's a really nice, and nicely laid out book with photos of the devs and from the genDesign studio: there's a chapter profiling each developer asking them what they worked on, what they're most proud of about the game and what their favourite games are. Lots of concept art as you'd expect, both traditional and what appear to be rough 3D concepts (?) and a ton of shots from the game itself. I've still only scratched the surface but it looks like it really digs deep into the design and technical side of the game, which really interests me. A chapter of storyboards for the cutscenes. There's also chapters on ICO and Shadow of the Colossus and also, a reasonably lengthy interview with Fumito Ueda transcribed at the end of the book.

It'll be something to treasure by any fan of the game, and Ueda's games in general I think.
Thanks. Now I continue to wait impatiently for my Amazon order to ship.

I'm replaying TLG right now in preparation for the book's arrival.

NateDog

Amazon now said my order for the book has been pushed forward to June 23rd or 24th.

does anyone know if the cute artwork on the t-shirts is available anywhere? would love to use it as a desktop wallpaper....

There was a thread regarding TLG around last E3 which had discussion about it since it was released then, and I know someone had it as their avatar at least but I'm not sure if I saw one that big to have as a wallpaper. It's probably the E3 trailer thread from last year anyway, see if you can find it.

Got my copy of the book yesterday.

This book is incredible.

To quote myself from reddit:

296 pages long (loads of stuff in here!)
There's maps of all the areas, showing how they fit together (sketches, 3d model images, level geometry, top down maps with full annotations). It goes through in the order you see the areas, so kind of a quasi walkthrough at the same time.
One section is storyboards of all of the major cutscenes with annotations. There's annotations all over this book!
Another section is a trophy guide, full collectible guide with images, unlockable items.
There's also an interview with Ueda at the end, and also some notes on connections with SoTC and Ico.

Going to have a detailed read of it at the weekend (and also play some TLG as well).

Should add I am in the UK.

c0Zm1c

Future Press is located in Germany and assuming the books are coming directly from there it might explain why Amazon UK get them quickly while shipments to Amazon US will be a little later.

ScOULaris

Future Press is located in Germany and assuming the books are coming directly from there it might explain why Amazon UK get them quickly while shipments to Amazon US will be a little later.

Yeah, I'm assuming that all of the people getting theirs already are in the UK.

Still waiting on my Amazon US shipment over here.

Top Bottom