• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Guardian |OT| In my memories, the monster always has kind eyes

Not a plushie, but I think people will find it cool anyway

dczr2gvuwaa2elh0eura.png

https://twitter.com/Nazegoreng/status/875477488964468736

She is taking silent bids for it, so there is a chance you could land it.

StoneFox

At this point I'm just going to give up waiting for Amazon to give me a delivery date and just wait for the day it suddenly arrives. It'll be a fun surprise that way.

Especially if I get a month from now or something crazy like that. ;_;

Has anyone tried playing it with remote play? How is it? I played about an hour on my PS4 and it seems like it would work nicely on the Vita.

Is it still easy too find physical copies of this game or is it a Gravity Rush: Remastered situation?

It's definitely not a GR:R situation where physical was only available for one vendor. For instance I picked mine up at Target a couple months ago, and also seen it at Best Buy and Wal-Mart.

I was surprised to see new physical copies out of stock on Amazon, though. Might be good to snatch one while you can. Wal-Mart online has the physical version for $35.

xclk07

My book arrived today! I am so excited about this...looks gorgeous with great info! Thanks to Future Press once again for knocking it out of the park!

Courage

Mine also came in today. I usually never buy anything like this, but I'm impressed by the effort put into it. The amount such a special game deserves.

xclk07

Has anyone gone through the Ueda interview in the book for any juicy details?

It's not just the interview, there are questions and answers throughout the book. I'm reading cover to cover (about halfway through now) and it's fascinating. One thing I keep coming back to: I am utterly amazed this game exists! The development process is touched on here and there and it sounds like a true Odyssey!

ScOULaris

It's not just the interview, there are questions and answers throughout the book. I'm reading cover to cover (about halfway through now) and it's fascinating. One thing I keep coming back to: I am utterly amazed this game exists! The development process is touched on here and there and it sounds like a true Odyssey!
Ey, man. It was an Odyssey for all of us waiting and worrying all the time that it would never see release. They put us through hell! An entire console generation came and went without a single Team ICO game. Shit was crazy.

StoneFox

Has anyone gone through the Ueda interview in the book for any juicy details?
Saw this on another site.

"I’m not saying that it connects The Last Guardian and Shadow, directly, but the spring is a thing like the Mirror, and the underside of the Mirror could be connected to the world on the other side of the pool. Another world could exist on the other side, though…Maybe it’s a world of things that haven’t happened, or maybe it is the world of Shadow…You think about what it means."

Of course, Ueda is the kinda of developer who will put things in a game without much world context and leave it for players to decide on the lore over it. Like the hawks in Shadow.

DOWN

Banned
Alright so I just finally played this game and whew I'm in love. The art, directing, atmosphere, and central character relationship are so beautiful. Here's my cross post on it
I just played through The Last Guardian and I think it made me fall in love with Sony as much as the game itself

Like thank god they keep up these really spirited and artistic visionary projects, even when they aren't ripe for franchising or massive sales. What a beautiful game. Sony seems to have long been less averse to letting their projects be ambitious and risky. Microsoft seems to pick either ambitious and mainstream or take a creative risk but make it a small release... sorry Gears/Halo/Forza box

I seriously am so happy with Sony's vision for exclusives.

Alright so I just finally played this game and whew I'm in love. The art, directing, atmosphere, and central character relationship are so beautiful. Here's my cross post on it

I fully believe without the outcry of the fans this would have been scalebounded

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I fully believe without the outcry of the fans this would have been scalebounded

I believe Shuhei has said as much but him and Ueda have a long history since before even Ico and seem to be on very good terms even more so that probably doesn't hurt either.

Gbraga

I would normally feel weirded out by this kind of post, but I'm not gonna lie, I felt similarly after playing it for the first time on Christmas. It's a miracle this game came out, and I'm really thankful for it.

More than 6 months and the game still won't leave my mind for a day. :')

ScOULaris

Yup.

I'm still at disbelief this game even came out and ended up as wonderful as it did.

Honestly I'd have no complaints if the performance was up to snuff on the base PS4. It's an amazing game on the whole, but there's no excuse for those framerate drops IMO. They ruin so many otherwise impressive moments in the game.

Agram

Honestly I'd have no complaints if the performance was up to snuff on the base PS4. It's an amazing game on the whole, but there's no excuse for those framerate drops IMO. They ruin so many otherwise impressive moments in the game.
Agreed
It's probably in my top 5 games ever, but still, it had some of the worst framerate drops I have ever experienced.

BTW, after finishing the book, I can say it was worth every penny. Amazing book and commentary from Ueda-san, a perfect way to conclude this 10 year journey.

StoneFox

Currently on my third playthrough with the intent to clean up all my missing trophies. The companion book is quite useful with getting the hints I haven't gotten yet (seriously, there's no way I would have gotten some of them naturally) and Toriko is being such a twit in this run. I loved Toriko in my second playthrough because he was very affectionate and did things almost immediately, whereas the current one is daydreaming half the time and would rather take a nap than progress. It was kinda cute how he couldn't figure out how to eat a barrel on a set of stairs, it's like I am playing with two distinctly different beasts hahahaha

Such an amazing game. I keep finding new things in every run.

Agram

Currently on my third playthrough with the intent to clean up all my missing trophies. The companion book is quite useful with getting the hints I haven't gotten yet (seriously, there's no way I would have gotten some of them naturally) and Toriko is being such a twit in this run. I loved Toriko in my second playthrough because he was very affectionate and did things almost immediately, whereas the current one is daydreaming half the time and would rather take a nap than progress. It was kinda cute how he couldn't figure out how to eat a barrel on a set of stairs, it's like I am playing with two distinctly different beasts hahahaha

Such an amazing game. I keep finding new things in every run.
Finding all hints is the last thing I need to do for a platinum trophy but it is soooo tiring and half of the hints wouldn't trigger during my last playthrough.

And yes, Trico is something really special so every playthrough is different and personal, no game will do anything similar for a very long time.

Agram

In the book it says that the boy has a name spoken during the game in his native language and there is a theory that his name is Ichi. However, there is no confirmation, it could really be any word spoken at the end of the game, but ichi is shouted several times and it means number one in japanese connected to the way Fumito refers to the boy saying he is the 'chosen one.'
Full post here

How do you get the barrel in the hole on top of the bird's head on the top of the white tower?

I don't even see this barrel mentioned in any guides??

Yeah, gave up and moved on, and it was immediately used in the next cutscene. Heh.

Edit:

Finally finished the game, despite having pre-ordered the CE way long ago (I'm a big Ico and SotC fan with little time for gaming these days). I'm tempted to do a LTTP thread.

The game is so good, and so polished in so many ways. The Beast is easily the most impressive "living" thing every created for a game.

However, that camera can be straight fucked at times. And why did they never fix the puzzle where the boy gets stuck in a watery cave and needs to get Trico's tail to drop down to climb out? Had to resort to a walkthrough to get through, and they all had the same problems I had. You'd think it would've been patched.

Top Bottom