• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Guardian Pre-Order Up for PS3 at Portugal Retailer [Image inside]

raven777

Reliable because:
- They leaked out GT5's release date
- They leaked out Rayman Legends for Vita
- Revealed Jak and Daxter HD Collection
- They leaked out the delay of The Last of Us

well, that does sound reliable to me. Now I am more excited for E3

Darkangus

Don´t take this image as confirmation of anything because this boxes are placed in the store since last year...

So NO confirmation!!!!!! This is very old.

zakislam

Reliable because:
- They leaked out GT5's release date
- They leaked out Rayman Legends for Vita
- Revealed Jak and Daxter HD Collection
- They leaked out the delay of The Last of Us

Shiny new trailer incoming, I'm sure. Gameplay would be pushing it but here's hoping.

argj8i.gif

Zeroth

Can someone explain to me why so many people beloeve it will be on the ps4? Isn't the ps4 architecture different from the ps3? Wouldn't changing the platform in the middle of the development pretty much kill years of development?

I'm not being facetious, just curious.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
It looks like Sony wants to use the PS3 install base to push the game, which is understandable. Still, would love to see it on the PS4 though.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
SCEA told Kotaku, "The listing is pure speculation."

dont get your hopes up for it at E3

teiresias

It's a Japanese niche game, it won't move hardware. PS3 is the smart business decision.

The smart business decision would have been to get this game out the door years ago. That ship has sailed and we're well into Square Enix levels of development management incompetence when it comes to this game.

sense

last guardian and versus 13 almost confirmed. now just agent left and i hope for the love of god there is a way to play these games on ps4 as well!! i don't think sony would stop people from upgrading from ps3 to ps4 by releasing amazing games during its launch. i really really hope there is an add on or something.

Elios83

4 years ago when the PS3 was in its prime and the PS4 was but a twinkle in Kaz's eye.

There's no logic in not moving it to the PS4 at this point.

Who says it won't? :p
Sony has already hinted that a few key PS3 title will jump on PS4 as well particularly because of the lack of BC.
Just wait until E3 :D
Still the best news is that the game is supposedly (?) coming out soon.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
I'd be really disappointed if the game hasn't been moved to PS4. I love Killzone and InFamous, and Driveclub and Knack look cool, but those games can't really compete with Beyond: Two Souls, The Last of Us, Gran Turismo 6, Puppeteer and The Last Guardian.

I just want the game to finally be mine. I don't care about the platform - although if it's PS4, I guess I'll be waiting even longer to get it.

Pooya

there is too much smoke for it now to not happen, even Sony didn't deny E3 insider thing, saying "it's speculative" only hints the other way actually.

zeopower6

SCEA told Kotaku, "The listing is pure speculation."

dont get your hopes up for it at E3

That was the E3 Insider page. I am pretty sure they got their info from Sony anyway. Why would the E3 official site speculate?

This is a brick and mortar store...

Issun23

Can someone explain to me why so many people beloeve it will be on the ps4? Isn't the ps4 architecture different from the ps3? Wouldn't changing the platform in the middle of the development pretty much kill years of development?

I'm not being facetious, just curious.

An ex-SCEE employee said it changed platform in 2011. Between June and August 2011 Team ICO filed numerous new technology patents for the game. The only time that happened was back in 2009 when the game hit full production. The only reason for that would be a drastic change happening half-way through the development cycle.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
But think about how many more PS4s it'd move if it was a next-gen exclusive.

Besides, PS3 has GT6 so it'll be fine.

How many? What's your estimate?

Team Ico games are niche. Add in the cost of entry for a new console and I don't think you'd see even a million sales. And the people who would buy a PS4 for a Team Ico game are more likely to be die-hard Sony fans anyway, so many of them would buy a PS4 regardless.

Who knows, maybe it would be a better move to put it on PS4, but I don't think one strategy is obviously superior.

Everyone is getting hyped because some unknown retailer put this game up for preorder? What am I missing here?

Edit:
nvm....completely read OP....lol

I'd be glad if it came out, period.

Ideally it will be PS3 this holiday, including a DD code for a PS4 version sometime during the year.

BibiMaghoo

Though I want this to be on PS4, they do kind of owe this game to PS3 owners.

Like seriously, owe it to them. They never promised a release date. But they did promise the game. Moving platforms would be.....unkind.

Top Bottom