• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Guardian Pre-Order Up for PS3 at Portugal Retailer [Image inside]

I'm glad Sony isn't dumping the PS3's support just because they launched a new system. Makes me much happier that I bought one back in 2009 knowing that they will still support it for years to come.

Cool, so another game that I get to add to my infinite backlog :<

Empty

well that would certainly be something. would prefer it still on ps3 tbh, though i think it's almost certainly a ps4 game.

The_Monk

It's now up on their Website too:

nkqktiU.png

Salaadin

I thought a reliable gaffer who used to work for Sony said that TLG was restarted for PS4 development...

Im actually hoping its a PS4 game.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
If it's still PS3 only, it's one more reason to hold off on buying a PS4 at launch or anytime soon. Dat lack of BC.

Liamario

Banned
I want to play this game, but I've stopped playing the PS3. I'm not interested in getting it for PS3. Make it cross-gen at the very least.

TrutaS

People that think that The Last Guardian would sell well on PS4 are silly. Sell it on PS3 and hope the huge install base supports it.

I'm not saying it would sell great for PS4, but if the graphics were indeed incredible, it would be a hardware showcase, something that Killzone is failing to be (despite looking good). These games are not really about the sales potential but raising awareness for the potential of a console as well as core gamer recognition. But maybe I'm biased for some reason.

As much as I do think TLG would be awesome on PS4. I'm not sure Sony should risk so much money. ICO was somewhat of a failure (at release especially) and SOTC was only a mild success, and remember those games were on the biggest selling console ever. Putting TLG on a console at launch, which may sell 3-8 million units in the first year is just silly.

Minyobi

I don't care how reliable the place is. I'm not getting hyped over that,
I've got five Bison Dollars on a relatively upbeat ending.
Come at me, bros.

grumble

Thing about releasing a game on the PS4 is, for the first year the owners of the console are made up largely of hardcore gamers who will buy lots of games, and there are relatively few games to buy. It's also the best time by FAR to build a new franchise.

KAL2006

Banned
I honestly feel Last Guardian is one of those games that would garner more attention if it releases in the launch windows of the PS4. Even though the user base for PS3 is big, a game like Last Guardian gets caught under the radar with a system with many games. Just look at Shadow of Collosus on PS2.

DieH@rd

Banned
I'd say it's a possibility, it's in Sony's best interest to use these games ( Beyond, The Last of Us, GT6) as a way to push sales on two platforms.

Maybe it would be better to leave those PS4 HD ports for summer. Good 6+ months of sales on PS3 and then 2nd strike with 1080p60 versions.

Danneee

Glad to see Sony letting the PS3 go out with a bang rather than a whimper.
And minimizing late up-ports, might be a sign that the availability of PS4 consoles might be limited this year too.

Qvoth

noooooooooo
stop toying with my heaaaaaaaaaaaaaart
e3 2013 tlg and ffxversus LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Goldrusher

Why would they put it on a system with a current userbase of 0 and say, end of 2014, may have like 10 million, maybe 15.
Vs what, 80 million PS3's by then.

Are you for real? Can't tell, honestly.

I'd rather have it on PS3. More people will be able to play it.

why does it not make sense for this game to be on PS3? It's obviously been in development for ps3 for quite some time

Better than releasing it as PS4-exclusive and selling a few copies only. They can theoretically release it on PS3+PS4.

the game was announced as a ps3 title, anyone yapping about ps4 need to take their meds and dial it down a notch.

People that think that The Last Guardian would sell well on PS4 are silly. Sell it on PS3 and hope the huge install base supports it.

glad it's still ps3, won't be touching next gen for a long while if at all.

Every.

Single.

Time.

Just release both.

You guys want the game running in sub-HD, at 20 fps with tearing, frame drops, pop-up, pop-in and horrible aliasing? Have fun, get the PS3 version.

But give the rest of us a choice to get the game on the best platform out there, running at the highest possible quality. Running in a way it deserves.

If third-parties can do it (Assassin's Creed, Watch Dogs, Call of Duty, Destiny, Battlefield, NFS, Wolfenstein, Diablo III, Dying Light, etc.), so can Sony.

Dabanton

With the dev times they've had I would expect nothing short of excellence.

What I expect in reality is a badly compromised game that looks nice.

Top Bottom