• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Guardian review embargo lifts on December 5th at 7am PST/10am EST/16.00 CET

Jacob4815

I'm playing on a PS4 Pro, and it's smooth so far. Haven't seen it on a standard PS4, so I can't compare (but maybe the Pro isn't even supported yet, and it's the same on both). I'm not really good at estimating framerate, but it seems steady 30+ without noticeable hiccups.

Are there aliasing or jaggies? So we can have a hint at the resolution.

I kindly request that if you post screenshots in this thread then spoiler tag them please. Want to go into this game as blind as possible from here on in.

As expected i see a lot of speculation on how the game will end.

How will the game start in your opinion?

How will Trico and the boy meet?

probably going to be the "lost boy meets a wounded fearsome creature, pulls out the sting from its foot and they spend their lives together" one.

I don't dare to be too hyped for that game.. just hate being disappointed so much..

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
So mine will be here tomorrow. Early I guess. Should I livestream or something? haha

I would rather play this than FFXV first I think.

mazur

Neo Member
probably going to be the "lost boy meets a wounded fearsome creature, pulls out the sting from its foot and they spend their lives together" one.

I don't dare to be too hyped for that game.. just hate being disappointed so much..

Lol, almost, 90% accurate. At least the meeing part, I don't know about the ending (yet).

So mine will be here tomorrow. Early I guess. Should I livestream or something? haha

Smarter move as well. This game won't be as long as ffxv and that's not a complaint, just the type of game it is. Hope to hear good things from you about the game.

jett

D-Member

Do you have a Pro? I'd like to hear about image quality and performance on there.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Do you have a Pro? I'd like to hear about image quality and performance on there.
Do I have a pro. Of course I have a pro. I'm not poor.

As you know I'm pro.

I'm really excited actually. I hope this is a ps2 game since gaming in the last ten years or so has really gone to shit.

I guess we do need an early impressions thread if people will be getting the game this soon. I imagine people will want to discuss the game

Mifune

Mehmber
Watching some gameplay on Youtube. It plays like butter and looks the part for sure. It is going to deliver.

I think we're taking for granted the magic of Ueda's games. And we're underestimating how wonderful a new one on more powerful hardware will be.

ironcreed

Banned
I think we're taking for granted the magic of Ueda's games. And we're underestimating how wonderful a new one on more powerful hardware will be.

Yep, it has been a long road and I had all but written the game off. And even after we found out that it was still coming I was half expecting it to end up being a mess. But some of the latest footage and now seeing footage from the game out in the wild has erased all doubts. It's the game we were all wanting based on what I am seeing.

Rozart

Clunky controls and framerates dips will surely prevent that. But perhaps your personal rating will differ from the metacritic rating.

Don't worry. I've already got it covered. That deduction of 0.5 pts would obviously cover any downsides that clunky controls or framerate dips might bring.

dracula_x

3rd Japanese commercial – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eT0y9LS_MtM

yzQnGQy.png

Going to bed now and hopefully I wake up to some good news tomorrow. I just like to add again that if anyone deserves critical acclamation in this industry it's Ueda, hope we deliver it :')

Tomorrow will be awesome!!

Top Bottom