• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us' autosave has a glitch. Read if you're playing. [Apparently fixed]

Damn, I just noticed this on my menu and went to check gaf to see if it was common. Hopefully I haven't lost too much progress but damn this sucks.

The game works but seeing people compare it to essentially an unplayable broken mess is a little extreme.

I'm getting the glitch as soon as I start the game now. I can't progress, so yes, it's unplayable. God knows how much I love ND and how much I have defended them but not this, not today.

I got that glitch right at the end of the game. I just finished it and the let the credits roll. It's stuck at the end of the credits with a black screen. I can pause, but the game tells me it's autosaving...

Off-topic, but woah that game was awesome. What a trip. 7.5/5

Dire

This bug seems incredibly common. Does it seem unusual to anybody that apparently not a single reviewer ended up with it? Or are they just happy to give 10/10 greatest game ever type reviews to games that ship with progress destroying bugs? Or... hmmm....

magawolaz

I managed to save manually twice.

PS3 40GB, no patch, no internet connection.

Will wait for a patch though lol. Guerrilla, fix this shit

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Exactly. This game is unplayable for me, as the bug comes back at the same spots - manual saves are doing nothing. I'd say a broken game warrants some frustration.

Yeah, i'm 14hours in, and i'm enjoying the game a great deal, but i lost like 2-3 hours earlier and it put a bad taste in my mouth since i'm near the end according to the save % and shit is getting intense, having to restart and replay all that was disappointing.

Marcel

This bug seems incredibly common. Does it seem unusual to anybody that apparently not a single reviewer ended up with it? Or are they just happy to give 10/10 greatest game ever type reviews to games that ship with progress destroying bugs? Or... hmmm....

I don't think there's some kind of cover-up. Kind of a stretch. Probably a QA fuckup going from the review copy to the release candidate.

panty

OK, I'm done. It seems to get worse as I go on. Game is unplayable, glitch kicks in as soon as I start playing. This was shaping up to be my favorite game of this gen and now thanks to this it became my most frustrating experience with a game in years.
It is extremely disappointing but it's not the end of the world. They are aware of the problem and we can just hope for a quick fix.

Mr Swine

Banned
So naughty gods aren't gods anymore?

Anyways can't you do a normal save or is that out of the question if there is only auto save?

buffi

Banned
Happened to me as well. Only lost about 15 minutes of playtime but still, waiting for the patch before proceeding :(

Sucks quite a bit.

Zemm

The game is literally unplayable unless you want to marathon this for however long i takes to complete. I've deleted the patch and gonna see if that helps any, if not then I'll have to wait for another patch to fix it I guess.

Marcel

Eh, well their Facebook page is already getting flooded with people getting the same issue.

I wasn't looking at it so that's good to know that the comments are probably flooding in too quickly to be deleted. It means they have to respond in a swift way.

darkwing

The game is literally unplayable unless you want to marathon this for however long i takes to complete. I've deleted the patch and gonna see if that helps any, if not then I'll have to wait for another patch to fix it I guess.

please tell us the result asap!

Hung_real

Will hold off playing this for a day then

Kind suck for people in this thread pick this up day one and have to suffer from the bug.

Hmmm, sounds like the issue is more widespread than I initially thought.

Really wanted to spend this weekend playing it, but I may opt to wait for a patch if there's one incoming. I'd rather not let a bug hurt my initial experience with the game.

Zemm

Some of the reactions in here are ridiculous.

Yeah it sucks that a bug like this got through and you found you lost a couple hours of gameplay, but damn.

You do know losing a few hours of gameplay is enough to turn anyone off the game? Who the fuck wants to go through 2-3 hours of gameplay they just did again. luckily for me I've only lost about 20 minutes total but even that is quite annoying.

The game works but seeing people compare it to essentially an unplayable broken mess is a little extreme.

It is unplayable.

Slair

I'm still playing fine with the patch deleted. If people insist on playing it even though the save bug is going around, maybe try deleting the patch. I'm getting far more mileage out of it without the patch than i was with.

Valtýr

At least allow the company attempt to fix the problem before we get too out of control. This isn't the TWD scenario where they refused to fix the problem at all... at least not yet.

Skilletor

Hmmm, sounds like the issue is more widespread than I initially thought.

Really wanted to spend this weekend playing it, but I may opt to wait for a patch if there's one incoming. I'd rather not let a bug hurt my initial experience with the game.

I don't have all day to play games. I have limited amounts of time and if I can't progress, I won't play. Period.

Ezi0

I've had the autosave glitch happen twice now. Each time I've quit and reloaded I'm back in the same spot before I exited. So losing no progress.

I'm going to delete the 1.01 update and play offline and see if it happens again.

Just encountered the same auto-saving issue. Didn't have any trouble yesterday (pre-patch), it would auto-save and manual save worked perfectly too. I had played for almost 7 hours without issues.

Now after the patch I immediately get struck with it the moment I check. Seems like the patch caused it, yeah.

Stuart444

Okay, the bug just kicked in for me, 10 minutes after I had started todays session.

At least it's not long to play through to get back to where I was.

Valtýr;63581051 said:
At least allow the company attempt to fix the problem before we get too out of control. This isn't the TWD scenario where they refused to fix the problem at all... at least not yet.

Point is it shouldn't have happened in the first place and it only happened today. It was fine for early copies or review copies.

Valtýr;63581051 said:

I think it's pretty reasonable to be pissed about the fuckin' game being essentially unplayable on day one for hundreds of people. That's kinda a big oversight, there.

Chanc3r

Neo Member
My first post! Hi NeoGAF.

I haven't started the game yet. Is it possible to avoid this glitch by disabling the autosave, and just relying on manual saves?

Fjordson

Valtýr;63581051 said:
Oh I've no doubt ND will be on this quick and it's not the end of the world or anything, game has played well for me otherwise. But losing hours of progress is a real kick in the balls.

Top Bottom