• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us' autosave has a glitch. Read if you're playing. [Apparently fixed]

mrklaw

MrArseFace
anyone tried when offline?

tempted not to start this until its patched. Don't want to pull myself out of the story all the time pressing start every 30mins or so

You can just manually save whenever you exit the game. That's what I do.

you can turn autosave off?

Slair

I tried waiting but it wouldn't stop autosaving. Wish I'd been that lucky. How long did you wait?

Basically i walked into a building and it happened, and it was taking longer than i though it would (my girlfriend wanted to watch big brother on the tv at the time, sigh), so i walked back and forth in and out the building to try and hurry it up and then it finished. I'm not sure if it was pure luck or not though or if this patch this morning did anything.

I wanted to spend all friday playing it, now I know I won't enjoy it.

ffs ND get your shit together, first you break my heart with U3 and now this :(

cameron

Physical. I don't know if it was caused by the patch, I downloaded it before playing. Didn't have any problems before and I've been playing since Wednesday.

You should add this to the OP, just as a precaution about d/ling the patch, until ND comments about the issue.

Manp

You can just manually save whenever you exit the game. That's what I do.

no you can't, because when the game is autosaving you can't manually save and the glitch we're talking about happens to stuck the game in an infinite autosave that doesn't save anything.

and as far as i can tell you can't disable autosave

Hanmik

I tried waiting but it wouldn't stop autosaving. Wish I'd been that lucky. How long did you wait?

how long did you wait..? I have had this game for a little more than a week, never had this happen to me.
I always manual save once I stop playing for the day. Sometimes I have to wait a while before I´m able to save..

Manp

just to be clear it happened to me before today's patch. so it's broken both before and after the patch.

man this literally just happened to me. I have no idea how much progress I've lost. Will find out tonight when i play again
LLShC.gif

AKyemeni

If you load a new game or start a new game, it asks you whether to overwrite something or not. At that point, press o or click no. The game will warn you that autosaving will be disabled.

You should add this to the OP, just as a precaution about d/ling the patch, until ND comments about the issue.

2 people already confirmed that it happened to them pre-patch.

I don't think autosave can be disabled but I'm not sure, can't check right now.

If you load a new game or start a new game, it asks you whether to overwrite something or not. At that point, press o or click no. The game will warn you that autosaving will be disabled.

I can confirm this works, it requires you start a new game though (I think?). If you still haven't started try this.

Truant

Just got this error after two hours of playtime. Damn. Gonna reboot my system and see how far it managed to save.

Wow, this sucks. I had a ton of trouble with the auto saving in Bioshock Infinite before figuring it out, but this sounds like there's no real solution yet, just down to pot luck, really.

This is inexcusable for a big new release. But I already pre-ordered. :\

Razor554

Yeah started the game this morning to continue, only to see autosave fucked me over. Lost only ~20mins of playtime so it was not a big deal.

I lost around 5 hours, last night, to this bug. :-( Bit of a pain and has ruined the flow of the story a bit. A least it's an extraordinary game to have to replay.

RobbieH

Played for about 3 hours straight without really pausing as I assumed the game was autosaving in the background. Checked now, got the bug, exited the game and loading now to see how far back it sets me. :(

Edit: 10 minutes in. Thanks, Naughty Dog.

Truant

Fuck. Two hours of playtime lost. I'm back in the intro section like ten minutes in.

Fix this shit, Naughty Dog.

Xpliskin

how the hell did this revision pass certification ?

This is a pretty critical bug that is so obvious when it happens ("game didn't save my progress")

pa22word

Got hit with it here too. Came to gaf to see wbat was up, and now learn I have to stat a new game and lose 2+ hours of progress or I may not even be able to finish the game. Just wonderful.

AKyemeni

Can you describe it in more detail? Do you have to start two new games back to back or what?
You don't have to start two blocks. When the game asks you select a save file, you press O and it'll warn you that autosaving will be disabled. You press yes and the game won't auto save anymore.

Tigel

Damn, that bug doesn't seem to be isolated at all...
And I was looking forward to playing the game today :(

You don't have to start two blocks. When the game asks you select a save file, you press O and it'll warn you that autosaving will be disabled. You press yes and the game won't auto save anymore.

No, I mean step by step from the beginning, for those of us without the game.

Why havent any reviews mentioned this? Did they just get lucky? ND, screwing up aiming in UC3 is one thing, screwing up the save system is fuuuuucccccked.

Top Bottom