• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us' autosave has a glitch. Read if you're playing. [Apparently fixed]

Not Yet but you never know

dangerously.PNG

Withnail

I tweeted Arne after making the thread but haven't heard back. Hopefully someone from ND has seen this.

It's currently 4.51am in Santa Monica.

Sweet, thanks.
I wonder why didn't reviewers botice this bug as it seems to happen to pretty much everyone...

A lot of problems like this are only experienced by people who have installed new HDDs in their PS3. Reviewers tend not to do this, and devs can't possibly test all HDDs on the market.

After market HDDs have caused problems in PS3 games all gen.

Hanmik

again could some one check if this works..

Apparently, the game does save even with this bug. I found a site where the people were saying that the time stamps were all screwed up. If you go to "Load Game" instead of "Continue", you'll be able to find and select the correct save point.

so don´t try to restart game.. just manually reload latest save from the main menu..

MaxSanson

Neo Member
Tried the Load Game thing, just One Save at 12%
I was about an hour further than that :(
Better than the start I guess

Its Player Beware at this point
Hope Naughty Dog sort this soon, hate to see such an awesome game suffer for such a simple thing

Hanmik

Thanks to this thread I immediately stop after the intro to check. And yep, stucked.

Wew..

please try to MANUALLY reload, and see if you can continue where you last left it.. ?

DO NOT chose to restart,.,.

Apparently, the game does save even with this bug. I found a site where the people were saying that the time stamps were all screwed up. If you go to "Load Game" instead of "Continue", you'll be able to find and select the correct save point.

try it.. like I just described..

televator

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, fuck. I literally just stopped playing after a few hours, and saw this thread. I do remember the start screen being stuck on auto save..... FML.

cluderi

A lot of problems like this are only experienced by people who have installed new HDDs in their PS3. Reviewers tend not to do this, and devs can't possibly test all HDDs on the market.

I just had it happen to me after playing 40 mins on hard, the HDD in my PS3 is the one it came with (80gb fat ps3)

Time to see if it's actually saved anything I guess.

Amon-Lau

That doesn't apply to me, I still use my original 80GB fat PS3's HDD(which I didn't change), and I'm dealing with this as well... :p

The Reddit thing didn't work for me, I'm still exactly where the autosave left me...

It's currently 4.51am in Santa Monica.

Arne has been traveling all over the world in these past few weeks, he could be anywhere.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
I don't think you can turn off "Auto Saves".

When you start a new game it says "Auto-save will be disabled UNTIL you manually save."

Sounds like it will turn back on when you finally manually save the game.

cluderi

Couldn't quit so had to restart my PS3, load and continue show me back at the prologue again (4%)

Guess I'll go play Animal Crossing while they look at this one.

Slair

I got the "autosaving is updating..." last night just before i stopped playing. I waited till it said "less than 1 minute ago". Booted the game up after reading this thread, got a patch so updated. The loading to continue my save was longer than usual, but worked fine, didn't loose any progress.

An update on this: Yeah this was a lucky fluke, played about 30mins, been stuck on "autosaving is updating..." for 10 of them. The first time was before the patch after about 4 hours when it somehow worked out fine, this time is after the patch after about 20mins at most.

I don't think you can turn off "Auto Saves".

When you start a new game it says "Auto-save will be disabled UNTIL you manually save."

Sounds like it will turn back on when you finally manually save the game.

Haven't had a chance to try it yet. Just keep an eye on the autosave every few minutes. You just need to hit start.

kriskrosbbk

I dont know if its a glitch ,however I cannot craft a melle weapon / the wooden stick / using the scissors and the ducktape.It was working in the demo .Anyone else?

syoaran

it´s the normal game.. just on a promo disc.. it´s sent out once the game goes gold. Promo discs are the exact same as normal copies..

It's not the case for every game, but your right - it's mainly like this. Would prefer to think that this was a new error missed in the build, rather than an old one both the press and submission team missed

Carl

Eurgh fucking hell i lost a couple of hours of progress. Gone from
having just left Tess
to
finding Robert.

So pissed off.

The_Monk

Hmm I just started yesterday but only did the Intro. Now I wonder if I should wait a bit to get this sorted.

Might as well go for some Multiplayer.

Thanks/Obrigado fellow GAFfer! Will keep an eye on this thread.

Carnby

A game breaking glitch for Sony's biggest release in years, hot off the near perfect E3 conference? Come on Naughty Dog...

nofi

Sweet, thanks.
I wonder why didn't reviewers botice this bug as it seems to happen to pretty much everyone...

Absolutely did not happen to me with the TEST version. Hearing it does happen with retail promos though, so any reviews after the first batch.

Solo

Looks like I'll be waiting a week or two before picking this up now. First it was UC3's janky launch controls, and now this?

You're slipping, ND.

Addnan

Does leaving the game paused too long trigger the issue? The two times I went away with the game paused the problem started. Could be related?

smr00

Banned
Looks like I'll be waiting a week or two before picking this up now. First it was UC3's janky launch controls, and now this?

You're slipping, ND.
God forbid you manually save.

Also, not everyone is having this problem.

Shooty McGun

Neo Member
I lost four hours! The game is great but buggy as hell, It is a bit of a let down. This game does not deserve a 10/10 because it is far from perfect it is still a fantastic game though.

Top Bottom