• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us' autosave has a glitch. Read if you're playing. [Apparently fixed]

Naughty Gods are not infallible, it would seem.

Seriously though this is disappointing, I'm picking up my copy today but I will probably just wait for a patch. This sounds like a serious bummer.

Tain

urgh, yeah, if I can't do my "just manual save when I quit" thing then I'm not really going to be able to play this. Seems lame and flow-breaking to be saving every step of the way.

but if I just leave my PS3 on the whole damn time I'm fine right? lol

Sony first and second party games have always been relatively bug free, I dunno how a major bug like this sneaked pass their debugging department. Completely incompetent and unacceptable.

urgh, yeah, if I can't do my "just manual save when I quit" thing then I'm not really going to be able to play this. Seems lame and flow-breaking to be saving every step of the way.

but if I just leave my PS3 on the whole damn time I'm fine right? lol
lol

Oh, ND...

Ranger X

Ridiculous to release a game with such a bug.

SONY APPROVAL PROCESS FAIL.

Will wait for a patch before playing it seems.

Hanmik

QQ: Is this affecting anyone who didn't have auto-upload enabled for game saves?

I have PS+ and this was enabled by me before playthrough, just trying to see if there is any cause in this?

good thinking... I have PLUS autoupload disabled, and have not had this bug..

Usobuko

Banned
This is the first time I PO a Naughty Dog game. A Survival Edition to boot. I'm collecting it tomorrow, I hope the patch will be out by then. Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks for the clarification. It makes much more sense now.

I don't want to have to save every 10 minutes, but it's better than not getting to play it today or losing a lot of progress.

Well you better because I just got the glitch again. Thank god I saved a few minutes ago. Rebooting now...

boinx

Cool, i've been playing for about 3-4 hours and then i find this out. Guess i will have to try to finish this in one go. 0_o

netBuff

Naughty Gods are not infallible, it would seem.

Seriously though this is disappointing, I'm picking up my copy today but I will probably just wait for a patch. This sounds like a serious bummer.

Yeah, I was planning on playing this game throughout the weekend - but now I'm going to hold off as well, the prospect of losing progress really isn't appealing.

Hanmik

Cool, i've been playing for about 3-4 hours and then i find this out. Guess i will have to try to finish this in one go. 0_o

but then you will have another problem.. it won´t save after you finish the game, which means "no + game for you"..

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
lost about 3 hours

right back to the very start.

I honestly don't think I can be bothered playing it again. Game was pretty boring and the controls were terrible.

Dimorphic

Just lost two and a half hours, right back at the start when you first meet Ellie.

Just like that I think I'm done with this game.

Hanmik

I don't understand how manual saving can cause this problem too. Can someone explain?

it doesn´t.. the game AUTOSAVES all the time. You can´t disable it.
You have to enter the pause menu to manual save. BUT once you enter the pause menu it starts autosaving, and when the BUG/GLITCH kicks in you can´t manual save, the pause menu just stays on the "PLEASE WAIT WHILE AUTOSAVING" screen--

cormack12

Gold Member
38743199.jpg

You have to enter the pause menu to manual save. BUT once you enter the pause menu it starts autosaving, and when the BUG/GLITCH kicks in you can´t manual save, the pause menu just stays on the "PLEASE WAIT WHILE AUTOSAVING" screen--

& you can't just exit/re-enter the menu & shut it off again?...

Auto saving is re-enabled if you save manually.

As soon as you have a save game, autosave is enabled.

dafuq

You guys might be getting onto something. People should try this, I can't I am at work.

I have the issue and have autoupload disabled, so no it's nothing to do with that. The autoupload doesn't have anything to do with the game, it's only a PS3 OS thing.

i-Lo

A lot of people here are justifiably angry claiming they won't finish the game. I feel for them and as a ND fan I expected an ancillary yet obvious bug would have dealt with pre release. Thus, I'll hold off from playing till they launch a patch.

cormack12

Gold Member
& you can't just exit/re-enter the menu & shut it off again?...

No. The auto save seems to glitch writing the save then just stays in that state. You can't manual save, load another game or exit to main menu. You exit to XMB and then when you continue it restarts at the last good save, which could be hours back...

You don't seem to be able to disable autosave in the options either during game.

Andrew.

Banned

So its basically russian roulette even when you go to manual save every 10 minutes.

Christ on a crutch. Fuck it, Ive waited far too long for this. Ill take my chances. Ill save every chance I get. If I gotta do parts over, so be it. This is getting Platted anyway.

daveo42

Banned
I was hoping to start this up today while the FFXIV beta was downloading, but I think I'll just wait on the patch before starting it up. I was really keen on starting it too, but risking a save bug doesn't sound fun and I hate losing progress like that in any game.

Will be looking/hoping for good news later today.

Top Bottom