• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us' autosave has a glitch. Read if you're playing. [Apparently fixed]

mario_O

Just ten minutes in and I've got the bug
FUCK!
. Old phat ps3 if it matters..

0lq.jpg
Edit- I'm using PS+ cloud saving

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Everyone needs to breathe calmly and relax.

Also, stop playing russian roulette with the damn saving and save yourself some stress.

syoaran

hate to say it, but stop playing - just feel like a lot of you are in a world of avoidable hurt =(.

The worst thing that can happen is they release another patch that forces you to restart progress [it has happened] because save files are now incompatible.

No. The auto save seems to glitch writing the save then just stays in that state. You can't manual save, load another game or exit to main menu. You exit to XMB and then when you continue it restarts at the last good save, which could be hours back...

You don't seem to be able to disable autosave in the options either during game.

well, shit... thanks :) ...

Zemm

Wow I just played this from midnight to 7 and I'm terrified to turn it off because I have the bug and I have no idea when I got it.

Fuck!

haha oh boy.

Is it possible to load my save with auto saves off, then only manual save when I want to quit playing? That'll work right?

Used-ID

Man, it almost sounds like someone sent the wrong version of the game to manufacturing.

When I pick this up I'll restart to disable the auto save and then only manually save before I quit the game (plan on pausing it a lot though)

My hope is that if they did send the wrong version to manufacturing they just have to replace the game executable, which I wouldn't think would be all that big file size wise, and would be quick to spot\fix.

funny enough i decided to play some pokemon yesterday and was thinking how annoying that pokemon has no autosave and you have manual save.

welp indeed. hopefully this will be fixed by the weekend (doubt it).

Now if only ps3 had a 'sleep mode' ;)

Fruitster

Think i'll just leave the game for now and wait for this issue to be patched. Loving it so far, but i'd rather enjoy the game later without this issue.

Pretty frustrating, having waited a year to play this game, buying it on release day.... and all I get is more waiting time, reading this thread with the game in front of me, hoping for a quick fix.

Come on Naughty Dog, I CAN'T HOLD OFF MUCH LONGER

Happened to me often to be honest. Yesterday the auto-save feature froze and my console bleeped three times and shutdown all by itself :/ When I started it again the save file was corrupted, but thankfully I always save a copy manually so I just lost an hour or so.

Just encountered it but thankfully, it had only JUST taken place so I didn't lose any progress but still, this is shit. Killed my mood. That's it for me today, I'll continue on tomorrow.

Az

Here is the thread about it in r/games. They are usually fairly quick to update.

Edit: A guy said he got it to work by loading the actual save file instead of using 'Continue'. Be aware that timestamps are messed up so you can try them all.

OwlyKnees

How is this possible?!?! Are you on patch 1.01?

No, I haven't downloaded the patch as my PS3 is offline.

I thought everyone confirmed the patch wasn't the issue, though? For what it matters, I've had no issues yesterday or today, I do not have the patch and I do not have PS Plus.

Is there any way to void the bug? If I don't save at all for 4 hours, that is first ever session with no save file, will be I OK for those 4 hours?

Majora

It's happened to me three times in about 90 minutes. I played it for about 6 hours yesterday with no problems, so it seems probable that once you're hit, you're screwed.

God knows. It somehow broke in the last couple of days.

Oh yeah what i played so far is fantastic. But i don't really want to play the same section again 3 hours after playing it the first time.

Things don't just randomly break without being tinkered with. The build they put on the disc has a severe error and this is not something that could have started up just a few days ago without some sort of hotfix or patch to break it.

Hopefully they can sort this out by the time I get home from work but as of now this is pretty bad... like worse than unplaytested indie game bad.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Wonder how this wasn't picked up on QA.

From my experience in the gaming industry, in the large majority of these cases QA likely did pick it up. Their job is to find the bugs, not make the call on whether to fix them or not. A bug slipping through to release isn't usually QA's fault. Someone higher up usually decides "ship it, patch it later."

Top Bottom