• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Story (Wii, Mistwalker x Nintendo) Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
AceBandage said:
So, they'll argue and stuff even during combat?
Cool.

Sounds very similar to (but hopefully more complex than) the conversation in Xenoblade concept.

Azure J

Kagari said:

bjfxbn.jpg

MAGIC EVERYWHERE IN THIS BITCH.

Beth Cyra

What the hell? Looks like they converted Devil May Cry's battle system for this thing. Don't know what to think of it but it does look very nice

Edit: Wasn't expecting the 2010 at the end of the trailer. Might have to import if it does come this year.

Aeana

Battles look... waaay different from what I expected. Intriguing.
Also, heh at the Assassin's Creed-style shoulder pushing while walking around town.

KTallguy

Banned
Aeana said:
Battles look... waaay different from what I expected. Intriguing.
Also, heh at the Assassin's Creed-style shoulder pushing while walking around town.

I wonder how the motion controls are used.
The towns remind me of FFXIII a little bit.

robor

There's this array of lines coming from one of the character's weapons just before the halfway mark, makes me wonder if it's some sort of lock-on feature with optional pathways for special abilities.

Looks really promising. I'm guessing you can only do turn base tactics while you're in cover. I like the assassin's creed crowd collision they put in the game. They better localize this game!!!!!!

GeneralIroh said:
Looks really promising. I'm guessing you can only do turn base tactics while you're in cover. I like the assassin's creed crowd collision they put in the game. They better localize this game!!!!!!

Hmm, didn't notice that. Now I'm intrigued.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Vamphuntr said:
You forgot a 2 somewhere.

Fair enough. ME1 is a failed RPG. ME2 is not an RPG at all. ;D

robor

I also love how the characters interact with the objects in this game (at the 1/4 mark: character walking backward away from the enemy and flips over some ruins). The gameplay looks deep, reaaally deep, like Matsuno deep but he's stated already that he's not involved. I am VERY curious who the director is behind this game.

Effect

Really enjoying the character designs for this game. The art for the characters look great as well. I think I need to stop reading up on this game. Don't want to get my hopes up until I know for certain it's going to be released in North America.

ILikeFeet

Banned
Destructable enviroments? Over the shoulder shooting? Stealth? What kind of JRPG is this!?

A damn cool one from the sound of it :D

Boney

Banned
Yeah I read it.. but what's the difference with just shooting..? Bullet time?

No wait.. I kinda get it.. You can cast magic and stuff before they see you.. Pretty nice.

ILikeFeet

Banned
no, he's a dude.

I don't get the armor usage in this world. in fact, I don't get the armor usage in Japanese media period. they make it so fucking useless. I hate it >:[

ILikeFeet said:
no, he's a dude.

I don't get the armor usage in this world. in fact, I don't get the armor usage in Japanese media period. they make it so fucking useless. I hate it >:[

Thus:

ackbar.gif

2San

ILikeFeet said:
no, he's a dude.

What's not to get? For males the more layers, the stronger it is For females the less armor they wear, the stronger it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom