• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Story (Wii, Mistwalker x Nintendo) Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILikeFeet

Banned
Luigiv said:
Nah, he's not really a trap. He looks more masculine in game. It's just his hair style, really.

This is a trap.
111650-front_large.jpg

why stop there. lets go for a trope namer

bridget-fashion-431.jpg

Luigiv

ILikeFeet said:
why stop there. lets go for a trope namer

bridget-fashion-431.jpg
Yeah but I figured everyone already knew about Bridget anyway, so I figured I may as well post a different (more awesome) example.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
ILikeFeet said:
no, he's a dude.

I don't get the armor usage in this world. in fact, I don't get the armor usage in Japanese media period. they make it so fucking useless. I hate it >:[

This is hardly a Japanese media problem only. Have you ever seen any females in Western fantasy works?

RpgN

Aren't any of you guys excited for the game? A bunch of awesome screenshots got released and there is no discussion whatsoever....I remember it being different with Xenoblade.

Dascu

RpgN said:
Aren't any of you guys excited for the game? A bunch of awesome screenshots got released and there is no discussion whatsoever....I remember it being different with Xenoblade.
I think the excitement is muted precisely because of Xenoblade. I don't want to get hyped up for a game that may never be localized.

desu

RpgN said:

After playing Xenoblade I am kinda spoiled. It certainly left a big impression on me. Environment shots of LS dont really get me excited at all. All I want to see is more battle gameplay but that probably won't happen before TGS so nothing to be really excited about.

RpgN

Is it certain Xenoblade won't make it? It would be a crime if both of those games won't. It seems like Last Story has some chance though...

And there are some gameplay screenshots of the battle desu, they were released on the site.

I guess it makes sense to be spoiled by Xenoblade and afraid that it won't make it but...it's a shame to totally ignore it like that. A game of a team and budget like that shouldn't be overlooked :(

Boney

Banned
RpgN said:
Is it certain Xenoblade won't make it? It would be a crime if both of those games won't. It seems like Last Story has some chance though...

And there are some gameplay screenshots of the battle desu, they were released on the site.

I guess it makes sense to be spoiled by Xenoblade and afraid that it won't make it but...it's a shame to totally ignore it like that. A game of a team and budget like that shouldn't be overlooked :(
Aparently Xenoblade is coming to an english speaking zone sometime next year, a GAFfer confirmed this..

Wouldn't know if it's the UK or America, and if indeed comes out.

Aru

RpgN said:

But you speak japanese. You could play the game in japanese, couldn't you ? Or maybe you don't have a way to play imported Wii games :/

desu

RpgN said:

Yes I know, but I want more gameplay that is actually longer like running a few minutes through a dungeon and showing off some stuff. So far we have some quick shots at the gameplay, thats just not doing it for me. And the whole dark touch isnt really doing it for me right now ;).

cooljeanius said:
Can't wait until someone puts this through Dolphin...

I will certainly do this, dont worry :).

RpgN

Aru said:
But you speak japanese. You could play the game in japanese, couldn't you ? Or maybe you don't have a way to play imported Wii games :/

Yes, I don't have a Japanese wii and don't pirate or mod my stuff like dolphin. I import DS, PSP and PS3 games all the time and wouldn't have cared too much about wii games in the west if the wii was region free :(

Even though I speak/understand Japanese well enough to follow most things and don't mind if some games stay in Japan, it's nice to hear English with certain games and they sometimes sound even better. Lost Odyssey's voice acting was pretty good and charming for instance.

desu said:
Yes I know, but I want more gameplay that is actually longer like running a few minutes through a dungeon and showing off some stuff. So far we have some quick shots at the gameplay, thats just not doing it for me. And the whole dark touch isnt really doing it for me right now ;).

Understood and agree. I wouldn't mind seeing more of the gameplay. It seems to me that they're trying to appeal to the Western market with the whole dark touch and cover system and so, it might have a better chance at coming here. I'm gonna kill nintendo if they treat Sakaguchi's game low profile!

Boney said:
Aparently Xenoblade is coming to an english speaking zone sometime next year, a GAFfer confirmed this..Wouldn't know if it's the UK or America, and if indeed comes out.

Sounds too vague and hopeful....after Fatal Frame 4, I don't want to believe until it's official...

Boney

Banned
Sagitario said:
What? Where? :O
Hmm I really can't remember, Just one guy, walking as if he was Jezus and saying it's cool brahs.. Xenoblade will release overseas..

And I was like woah! I'm holding you to this! Too bad I didn't save it :(

thefro

RpgN said:

I'm excited for it, but the screenshots are mainly the same stuff as in the scans and the trailer. The trailer did get people pretty hyped.

We're still waiting on Nintendo to raise the curtain on the rest of the game. Right now we still barely know anything about the game really.

Has anyone guessed it could be Cavia behind this? I mean the graphics are incredible and they've shown the same with Darkside Chronicles, plus they seem to have experience with more realistic, darker-looking games.

Plus Artoon's hands are even fuller as they're also doing Club Penguin: Game Day for Wii. Yes you read that right, a pdf from Disney's Press Site confirmed so. o_O

And I wouldn't expect Feel Plus to ever touch the Wii again, how they even decided to do The Grudge I'll never know.

RpgN said:

When either game gets confirmed for a US release I'll get excited.

Until then... other games that I know I can purchase will get my attention.

Wait, what's this about North Americans potentially getting one or the other when it comes to Xenoblade and The Last Story? Just an assumption based off of Xenoblade being a no-show at this years E3?

ILikeFeet

Banned
jaundicejuice said:
Wait, what's this about North Americans potentially getting one or the other when it comes to Xenoblade and The Last Story? Just an assumption based off of Xenoblade being a no-show at this years E3?
And yet still listed for release. I guess that doesn't mean anything now though

Beth Cyra

jaundicejuice said:

Damn it Blade better come here. Seriously why buy a damn studio only to make sure their games never leave their home country? This is such bullshit.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Both this game and Xenoblade reek of going to be localized to fill gaps.

People are panicking for no real reason, especially about Xenoblade since it's been on most release lists for NA since it was first announced.

This isn't Captain Rainbow or something that had almost zero chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom